British Speedway Forum
robert72

Riders Begging Fans For Money

If a rider is badly injured I have no problem chucking £20 in a bucket but when I hear a rider begging for a new engine or money to repair his bike or van it's wrong to ask supporters IMHO as they should of got enough sponsors during the winter.

As for the ryan fisher collection wanting British fans to dig deep to pay for his wife and kids to fly to Poland to live I am gobsmacked,the guy is earning a good wage,whatever the circumstances fans should not be asked to dig deep for this it's wrong and wouldn't happen in any other work place.

I think riders begging needs to stop and promotors need to crack down on it.

• Like 8

If a rider is badly injured I have no problem chucking £20 in a bucket but when I hear a rider begging for a new engine or money to repair his bike or van it's wrong to ask supporters IMHO as they should of got enough sponsors during the winter.

As for the ryan fisher collection wanting British fans to dig deep to pay for his wife and kids to fly to Poland to live I am gobsmacked,the guy is earning a good wage,whatever the circumstances fans should not be asked to dig deep for this it's wrong and wouldn't happen in any other work place.

I think riders begging needs to stop and promotors need to crack down on it.

There are those who will wish to contribute - there are those who won't want to - the choice is their's. I don't think it is begging, more asking for help - there is a difference.

I can understand Ryan Fisher wishes to be with his family - If folk wish to donate they should be entitled to do so.

I do see where you are coming from - but I honestly think that in this case you are wrong.

Basically, if any Rider asks for help you can either give or not - the decision is yours.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 8

I'm thinking you might be one of those ones who moan about riders having poor equipment but don't actually want to help him improve it. As TWK says, it's the individual's choice, most people will help a rider because their wages aren't that great.

• Like 2

Think somebody should get their facts right from the start Ryan Fisher has never asked for a Penny Mick Horton the Promoter at Coventry and Peterborough decided to start this Collection so APOLOGIES all round me thinks and PLEASE scrap this thread

Why scrap a thread that exposes the myth that riders are well paid; the majority are not and maintaining a speedway bike(s) is fairly expensive.

Just don't like the thought of Ryan Fisher being made to feel guilty for something he never started.

• Like 5

I think that the Thread Title probably should have been 'Fans Helping Riders' or something like that. To be honest I find the word 'Begging' distasteful in this context.

• Like 2

I think that the Thread Title probably should have been 'Fans Helping Riders' or something like that. To be honest I find the word 'Begging' distasteful in this context.

That's what he was trying to achieve :rolleyes: He'd already made his point on the Bees thread. I don't see why he felt the need to start another one other than just trying to stir things up. There's only person being made to look bad here and it's not Ryan Fisher!!

• Like 3

That's what he was trying to achieve :rolleyes: He'd already made his point on the Bees thread. I don't see why he felt the need to start another one other than just trying to stir things up. There's only person being made to look bad here and it's not Ryan Fisher!!

Aaaahhhh - I did not realise.

Thank you for pointing that out to me.

I do not follow the Coventry Thread. :o;):)

Think somebody should get their facts right from the start Ryan Fisher has never asked for a Penny Mick Horton the Promoter at Coventry and Peterborough decided to start this Collection so APOLOGIES all round me thinks and PLEASE scrap this thread

So oviously you are now saying Mick Horton is some kind of saint from all the slagging he has got in the past for all manor of things.Do you really think Mick plucked the idea out of thin air without speaking to Ryan,Ryan didnt know anything about it,please dont kid yourself.I 100% agree with the topic poster,that i will help out an injured rider,or like Rory Schein is doingin that very sad case,but in Ryans case i dont understand what the collection is for,hes a businessman ,also rides a speedway bike,rides in Poland,and doubles up in the uk,and all of a sudden theres a collection for some reason for his family to travel somewhere.Has anyone thought that Ryan and his family may have messed up somewhere down the line with getting his family back to the uk,may girlfriend works at border control and think theres more to it then has come out,the border agency just wouldnt stop his family being here,are his kids not british?

Edited by speedwaysliders

If it's done the right way. Then I don't mind it St all. For example, with Lewis Bridger he offered anyone who donated got a chance to win 2 free tickets to lakeside and a trip round the pits for some insights for what they do. As long as for a reasonable price that fans cam get something out of it, then there's nothing wrong with it.

What my problem is riders just ripping off fans. I can't remember exactly which rider it was, but they did a similar thing to Bridger on just giving. But you had to donate a minimum of £50 for a signed photograph!

I'm not reading anymore now, people on here just can't be bothered to look into the facts before posting!! I'll apologise to Ryan Fisher next time I see him for all those idiots on here!

• Like 1

I think the day is long gone where 'one-club' riders exist. I have in the past donated to Long Eaton riders who blew engines, but back then they only rode for Long Eaton, rather than all over Europe or across multiple leagues.

I agree with the OP. If a rider wants to ride here, that is fine, but regardless of who started the collection, why should British fans pay for an overseas riders family go and live in another country! I know we are in the EU now, but geez, we are asking fans to donate to a rider so he can spend the money outside of the UK.

• Like 3