British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

....and if it had happened coming out of the fourth bend, instead of the second?

and on the last lap,,, would it have been awarded ???,,, even tougher call,,,

proper can of worms this one,,, what is the longest thread ???,,, :-)

Finally got round to watching the TV version, dam tough call. Not in a position in the stadium to know if right call or not. Having watched it, several times, all 4 back would have been my decision. Irrelevant of what meeting it was.

2nd bend bunching ???

the right call was made :)

....and if it had happened coming out of the fourth bend, instead of the second?

It didn't, therefore irrelevant. Just my opinion in this instance.

2nd bend bunching ???the right call was made :)

Could have gone either way which is why we have divided opinions. All 4 back, in my opinion. Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 1

As per the interview I quoted with Jim McGregor earlier in the thread, he felt it was too far around the corner for all 4 back to be an option.

As there was no contact, he also felt it was a straightforward decision to exclude Nick Morris.

If some are saying all 4back because they feel that's the right decision then fair enough.I can see why there is an argument for this.it's when some are saying all 4back because it's a final I don't get.a final or a first heat, it shouldn't make any difference to the decision

• Like 4

As per the interview I quoted with Jim McGregor earlier in the thread, he felt it was too far around the corner for all 4 back to be an option.

As there was no contact, he also felt it was a straightforward decision to exclude Nick Morris.

Understand what he said but I view it as could have gone either way. I think there are a number of instances in a race, especially during lap 1, to rerun with all 4.

But it didn't so your point and post is rather pointless. :)

• Like 2

If some are saying all 4back because they feel that's the right decision then fair enough.I can see why there is an argument for this.it's when some are saying all 4back because it's a final I don't get.a final or a first heat, it shouldn't make any difference to the decision

Agree for sure.

Agree for sure.

+1

Understand what he said but I view it as could have gone either way. I think there are a number of instances in a race, especially during lap 1, to rerun with all 4.

Fair enough
  • Like 1

Edinburgh won... somerset DID NOT... how hard can it be to accept the decision of SCOTLANDS number 1 ref.. :t:

• Like 2

Edinburgh won... somerset DID NOT... how hard can it be to accept the decision of SCOTLANDS number 1 ref.. :t:

Stirrer :lol:

Behave ;)

Ok so at Ipswich tonight and Wolbert off of 3 goes wider and wider. Mandates off 4 goes for the blast runs out of room goes down on the SECOND BEND. No contact. Referees decision is all 4 back. So please stop talking this crap about he had to make a decision as he could of put all 4 back something that Chris Louis agreed with in tonight's programme. That's 3 ex british champions Louis Tatum and Havelock who say the decision was wrong but what would they know! Oh in case you were wondering the ref tonight was Tony Steele I mean as if he knows the rules!

• Like 1

Spot on

Ok so at Ipswich tonight and Wolbert off of 3 goes wider and wider. Mandates off 4 goes for the blast runs out of room goes down on the SECOND BEND. No contact. Referees decision is all 4 back. So please stop talking this crap about he had to make a decision as he could of put all 4 back something that Chris Louis agreed with in tonight's programme. That's 3 ex british champions Louis Tatum and Havelock who say the decision was wrong but what would they know! Oh in case you were wondering the ref tonight was Tony Steele I mean as if he knows the rules!

There was contact both times at Ipswich tonight between Wolbert & Manzares so nothing like the pairs decision as there was no contact. How Tony Steele could exclude Manzares when both incidents at Ipswich were the same is beyond me. Wolbert should've been excluded for knocking of Gino.