British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

King's Lynn V Stoke Nl (16/5)

News is pretty quiet on here about tomorrow clash at the Norfolk Arena between the King's Lynn Young Stars and the Stoke Potters so I thought somebody ought to kick off the topic. The weather looks good for tomorrow and there may have to be a sun break!!

No official team news yet but I have heard that Max Clegg could be deputising for the missing Lewis Rose and it could be R/R for Lee Payne.

Malcolm Vasey is no stranger to the NA so he will be keen to see the Potters do well although the Young Stars do look to have a strong team this year.

Yes, news does seem to be slow these days filtering through about NL meetings, but on this occasion it might be because Dale has been a bit under the weather. There may of course be some information on Facebook, but the like of you and I forget to look on there!!!!

As you suggested it might be, it's a nice sunny and warm morning here in West Norfolk, and is forecast to remain like that for most of the day, although there might be a short shower at some stage (probably between 7.30-10.00pm ;) ).

Gates open at the usual time of 6.30pm, and not 6.00pm as shown on the clubs official press release, and the line-ups are as follows: -

KING'S LYNN: 1) Max Clegg 2) Darren Mallett 3) James Cockle 4) Marc Owen 5) Kyle Hughes 6) Josh Bailey 7) Scott Campos

STOKE: 1) Ben Wilson 2) Chris Widman 3) Ben Hopwood 4) R/R 5) Jon Armstrong 6) Rob Shuttleworth 7) James McBain

There is also a Midland Development League fixture in the 2nd half, but your guess is as good as mine as to who will actually be riding for the the two teams. Publicity for that is no where to be found, which is sad really. We should be giving these meetings maximum publicity, but very few clubs seem to.

As for the main event, it looks to be a cracker, with every rider looking to be more or less the equivilant of his opposing number, and has all the makings of being one of the best National League meetings the Norfolk Arena will see this season (I shall say that for the next meeting of course :wink: ). I'm not sure off hand whether Ben Wilson is still the Bronze Helmet holder or not, but if he is, then there's the prospect that that could be the property of a King's Lynn rider by bedtime too.

Tonight will be the fourth time the clubs have met each other on league business over the years at the Norfolk Arena, with the 'Potters' having won two out of the previous three clashes, so the home side will be anxious to level the spoils. With large amounts of normal King's Lynn fans staying at home on Wednesday because the Elite League side were on TV, it's to be hoped that they will come along tonight to receive their weekly fix of LIVE speedway. It's gonna be good, miss it at your peril.

Mr Vasey must also be off colour since I haven't ever known him to be this "quiet", either that or Great Yarmouth has floated away into the North Sea without anyone telling us!!

Don't like the sound of a short shower tonight since they can often turn into downpours in this hot weather.

Hi mike. Yes still not so good but the mdl is important as well here are the teams. These lads are the future I know mr Widman feels the same way although his long eaton charges are not here tonight he will no most of the lads on show.

MDL

Kings Lynn Poultec Lightning

1. Adam Kirby

2. Layne Culpit

3. Alec Wright

4. Ryan Kinsley

Stoke Hartshil cycles Spitfires

1. Sam Woods

2. Sam Ward

3. Adam Shepherd

4. David Holt

TM Mike Gittings

Hope you're soon feeling much better Dale. I'm still struggling with my cracked ribs, but am feeling much better in myself now that most of the internal bruising has gone.

Thanks very much for the MDL line-ups they are much appreciated. I have to smile though, because I could almost pick the visiting side myself, as Adam Sheppard (not Shepherd) often pops up, although not so much this year and Sam Woods has ridden for every club against us so far this year, with the exception of Buxton!! I expected Lee Geary to be in there too. As you say, Martin's charges aren't here tonight, but two of them have represented his side in the KO Cup, against...........US.

I'm not trying to pick holes here mate, but to do the rider justice, his name is Layne Cupitt.

Now then, is Scooter Webster his real name? If he'd been Lambretta Webster, that would have sounded quite feasible, but come on, lets get real over this :lol::rofl::wink::D

Seriously though, lets home for a good one tonight in front of a sizeable crowd, and hey here's a thought, if Rory Schlein is going to grow his beard for a charity, I wonder if a certain gentleman (note MV, I called you a gentleman) would let you cut his ponytail off for the same worthwhile cause?????

Mr Vasey must also be off colour since I haven't ever known him to be this "quiet", either that or Great Yarmouth has floated away into the North Sea without anyone telling us!!

Don't like the sound of a short shower tonight since they can often turn into downpours in this hot weather.

Well he lives a little bit in land from Great Yarmouth itself, but I know what you mean.

What's the local weather forecast for your area tomorrow, as I intend coming up to the British Youth Championship if it's favourable (another junior meeting that doesn't seem to have been given much publicity). I might be wrong as I've only briefly flicked through the pages, but apart from the fixtures section, I don't recollect seeing it mentioned in the Speedway Star this week, although I'd stand to be corrected on that one. Still never mind if it hasn't, there's loads of foreign and grasstrack news, which is more important!!!!!!

Mike, the weather forecast for tomorrow at Leicester is very good with not a hint of rain(touch wood). I shall be there to watch a few hours of action packed racing from all age groups. It may not be publicised very much on here or elsewhere but it is on the Lions website and David Hemsley and Alan Jones were plugging it heavily on Radio Leicester this week so they deserve a pat on the back, and of course they hosteda Youth Training day recently.

Martin

PS Forgot to log Tina out!! Boy will I be in trouble later.

Edited by TMW

Mike, the weather forecast for tomorrow at Leicester is very good with not a hint of rain(touch wood). I shall be there to watch a few hours of action packed racing from all age groups. It may not be publicised very much on here or elsewhere but it is on the Lions website and David Hemsley and Alan Jones were plugging it heavily on Radio Leicester this week so they deserve a pat on the back, and of course they hosteda Youth Training day recently.

Martin

PS Forgot to log Tina out!! Boy will I be in trouble later.

Thanks TMW, I'm certainly looking forward to the meeting, and I'll leave the brolly at home!!!!

Mimmo "Seriously though, lets home for a good one tonight in front of a sizeable crowd, and hey here's a thought, if Rory Schlein is going to grow his beard for a charity, I wonder if a certain gentleman (note MV, I called you a gentleman) would let you cut his ponytail off for the same worthwhile cause?????"

Yes and perhaps you'd like to have your teeth removed by a dentist Mike if you hhave

any left.

Edited by Proud Potter

Mimmo "Seriously though, lets home for a good one tonight in front of a sizeable crowd, and hey here's a thought, if Rory Schlein is going to grow his beard for a charity, I wonder if a certain gentleman (note MV, I called you a gentleman) would let you cut his ponytail off for the same worthwhile cause?????"

Yes and perhaps you'd like to have your teeth removed by a dentist Mike if you hhave

any left.

I've got about six left I think but it's pointless buying dentures because with living in the same county as you, I can always borrow yours if I need to have a photo taken.

Enjoy this evening, and just remember that coming second doesn't sound as bad as saying you finished last :shock: .

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

• Like 1

I've got about six left I think but it's pointless buying dentures because with living in the same county as you, I can always borrow yours if I need to have a photo taken.

Enjoy this evening, and just remember that coming second doesn't sound as bad as saying you finished last :shock: .

Wouldn't mine be much to small for you

Don't be surprised if you get potted tonight

You will be a handy sub if My Little Pony ever comes to St Georges in Yarmouth Malcolm. :D

No chance mate.......OUR.......Max will be really up for this one.

I do the polite thing by respecting my elders, and say well done.

Best Wishes

Potted!!