British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

King's Lynn V Stoke Nl (16/5)

Wouldn't mine be much to small for you

Don't be surprised if you get potted tonight

Malcolm, a great team effort last night by all and I hope that we get a few more supporters there next Saturday to see what is growing into a strong team. I hope that James recovers in time for next Saturday since he has been going well. My wife who was doing the updates was confused by the events in heat 2 where James came 2nd and appeared to be excluded. The PA was not very good, and neither were the announcements, so she didn't get to hear why? Anything to offer?

Martin

Malcolm, a great team effort last night by all and I hope that we get a few more supporters there next Saturday to see what is growing into a strong team. I hope that James recovers in time for next Saturday since he has been going well. My wife who was doing the updates was confused by the events in heat 2 where James came 2nd and appeared to be excluded. The PA was not very good, and neither were the announcements, so she didn't get to hear why? Anything to offer?

Martin

Quite simple Martin - James fell on the final bend whilst second and we conceded a 5-1.. #

But what a performance. Time stood still in Heat 15 it seemed to take forever but the whole team did absolutely all that they could for that win.

I cant thank them enough and from unfancied Stoke who are beginning to ruffle feathers. Four wins in a row three away from home. Sounds ok to me but those who race on here at the slightest whim to have a go are strangely silent.

Malcolm Vasey

Very Proud Potter

• Like 1

Well done to the lads in the Stoke team on there four wins in a row, but lets not get carried away, the teams which they have defeted were either well down on power with injuries or not the strongest of teams.

Dont think it will make much difference to the stay aways ,as there beef is not with the team, but with those who run Stoke speedway.

There again you can only beat what is put in front of you, so well done boys.

Most will only return if Stoke go back were they belong in the PL and the powers that be change.

Mr Vasey, well done to the boys on their wins etc credit to them, i apologise for bearing off topic but you mention the folks who have a dig etc, perhaps you could enlighten us with some truthful answers maybe ? When is the club planning on returning to the PL? a polite question that is all.

Well done to the lads in the Stoke team on there four wins in a row, but lets not get carried away, the teams which they have defeted were either well down on power with injuries or not the strongest of teams.

Dont think it will make much difference to the stay aways ,as there beef is not with the team, but with those who run Stoke speedway.

There again you can only beat what is put in front of you, so well done boys.

Most will only return if Stoke go back were they belong in the PL and the powers that be change.

And yet is the promotion that put that team out and, according to what I am told, the track at the meeting at Loomer Road the other week was much improved. Lets cut them a bit of slack.

I have been pretty critical of Stoke but if they turn things around a bit I'll certainly give credit where credit is due and its a pity that others can't do the same. I am actually quite looking forward to getting down there at some point.

I think what people have to realise is that the level at what a team races is dictated largely by the gates they attract. I doubt if there has been a team that has dropped down a level that hasn't had to, so Stoke's move to the NL was almost certainly forced upon them by circumstances.

While I can understand people not attending if they have an issue with the promotion, I really don't know why some will not go simply because the speedway is at NL rather than PL level. NL speedway is just as good as PL and, on many occasions, a lot better.

• Like 2

Well done to the Stoke team, everyone will benefit from Stoke having a strong Team. 3 wins away from home it doesnt matter who against they have won them, you can only beat whats in front of you..

And yet is the promotion that put that team out and, according to what I am told, the track at the meeting at Loomer Road the other week was much improved. Lets cut them a bit of slack.

I have been pretty critical of Stoke but if they turn things around a bit I'll certainly give credit where credit is due and its a pity that others can't do the same. I am actually quite looking forward to getting down there at some point.

I think what people have to realise is that the level at what a team races is dictated largely by the gates they attract. I doubt if there has been a team that has dropped down a level that hasn't had to, so Stoke's move to the NL was almost certainly forced upon them by circumstances.

While I can understand people not attending if they have an issue with the promotion, I really don't know why some will not go simply because the speedway is at NL rather than PL level. NL speedway is just as good as PL and, on many occasions, a lot better.

You take it for granted at your peril. Some Lions fans don't have the best relation with the management, for what ever reason but they'll to support the Lions riders not the management. After all 28 years of hoping and dreaming focuses the mind. I will stick my neck out and say from a rider point of view the Stoke management is good and motivated riders win meetings if they have the ability ........simple. Although I am limitrd on experience of other teams but that's why I can't understand why last year went so wrong for Stoke they had good riders but maybe injuries and mechanical gremlins can't help well run or not. Anyway, I suppose though supporters want a club that's run for them. As a Lions fan I just want a club that runs. Edited by TMW

I don't like the promotion or there attitude at Stoke and for me NL racing is of no interest at all so I won't support it, that is my opinion but I have to say that for the supporters who are following Stoke this year good luck with the team because it seems that you have a team with potential as the results at the moment have shown, I hope that you get some success for the trophy cabinet.

My issues with the promotion and NL racing can't take away the fact that there are supporters who do enjoy the speedway at Stoke and for them I wish you the best.

I don't like the promotion or there attitude at Stoke and for me NL racing is of no interest at all so I won't support it, that is my opinion but I have to say that for the supporters who are following Stoke this year good luck with the team because it seems that you have a team with potential as the results at the moment have shown, I hope that you get some success for the trophy cabinet.

My issues with the promotion and NL racing can't take away the fact that there are supporters who do enjoy the speedway at Stoke and for them I wish you the best.

I felt the same way about joining the EL I just didn't feel like EL would offer md what the PL did but then I went to a couple and found they were just riders in Lions race jackets on and I have embraced it. I do miss the likes of Magnus and Nemo but maybe the draft has made it more of a draw to me, I don't know, but I am enjoying it and have found myself going to more away meetings aswell bbutif you've tried it and it does nothing fir you then you can't be blamed.

Can I ask what it is that puts you off? because NL does nothing for me is a bit broad

Speaking as someone brought up on the likes of Penhall, Gundersen, Pedersen and the 'H' twins, I have to say that I find National League racing very entertaining.

If you've tried it and don't like it fair enough but I wouldn't turn my back on it as a matter of principle without giving it a go. At the end of the day if there are seven riders out there representing my Club, I will go and support them no matter what level they are racing at.

All opinions are equally valid though.

Congrats to the Potters on a flying start to the season.

• Like 1

Can I ask what it is that puts you off? because NL does nothing for me is a bit broad

I suppose it's like most sports you find a level that suits you or you enjoy, having been to a few NL meetings I found myself thinking it's like watching junior racing, I know there are some very talented riders in the league but for me to many very poor riders.

Like I said if it is what you enjoy then that's fine but I'm afraid it's not for me.

• Like 1

SCSA, on 17 May 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

Mr Vasey, well done to the boys on their wins etc credit to them, i apologise for bearing off topic but you mention the folks who have a dig etc, perhaps you could enlighten us with some truthful answers maybe ? When is the club planning on returning to the PL? a polite question that is all.

Well we would love to return to the Premier League but the only possible way that will happen at present is for the support and finances to be able to sustain that level of racing. This was not the case from perhaps about 2008 onwards and would not appear to be the case now given the economics of the country and the fact that there is still undoubted limitations in the disposable income available to most hard working people.

We are making every effort at Stoke we have taken the problems of the track on head to head and further work is scheduled for next week.

I believe that we have assembled a strong team of racers with excellent reserves who are delivering results and the spirit amongst the team is as good as any I have experienced. We too have been short handed with the very talented Lee Payne missing the last two matches due to injury so please let's have some balance when saying our opponents were short handed. They were also on their own tracks!

For my team Ben Wilson is really getting it wound on now after his lengthy lay off. Chris Widman has produced career best results and got up from the floor to score more points at Kings Lynn after a dreadful looking first bend crash. Ben Hopwood is riding well that's why Poole have signed him and Jon Armstrong predicted that we would win at Kings Lynn when we were eleven points behind with only five heats left. He is the "definitive" Captain and went from last to first in Heat 15 at Kings Lynn sweeping around the outside and hammering down the back straight like he was 18 years old.. James McBain was injured in his second ride and a faller whilst second in his first race so we had to overcome that problem so we were very incomplete numbers wise due to the absence of Lee Payne already and used only three riders in one race because I was ensuring that Rob Shuttleworth had a gap between his races in the later stages at Kings Lynn. Rob Shuttleworth tackled the situation like a man and produced vital points despite his inexperience and he will grow into a great rider. He has skill determination and looks far from a man who has only five National League level matches under his belt and went into the match with a damaged wrist himself.

We have great respect for every other team in this League but we will do our utmost to beat them on every single occasion and every single race. We are worth watching and we are stronger match by match.

Malcolm Vasey

Stoke Speedway

I suppose it's like most sports you find a level that suits you or you enjoy, having been to a few NL meetings I found myself thinking it's like watching junior racing, I know there are some very talented riders in the league but for me to many very poor riders.

Like I said if it is what you enjoy then that's fine but I'm afraid it's not for me.

And you can't be blamed for that. You must find yourself in an impossible situation and badly let down. Maybe you could attend when some of the better teams are in town. Edited by TMW

I agree totally with Boozer's statement. I have tried to enjoy NL at Stoke but I just cannot get into it. The NL racing I have seen when I have visited Loomer Rd has been poor to say the least.

The attitude of the promotion also continues to grate with me.

Within the last month we have had the great Malcolm Vasey employing bully-boy tactics, coming on here threatening people with legal action!

Evidence enough that there are still considerable issues with the attitude of the promotion. You really could not make it up!

As a direct result of Malcolm's attitude on here I deliberately missed the opening meeting at Stoke. I would've gone but that attitude made sure that I didn't.

I will attend Stoke sometime this year (unless Malcolm's attitude persists), and if the racing is any good I will gladly come on here and say so.

Edited by Stokielee