British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Great Central

King's Lynn V Stoke Nl (16/5)

I wonder how long it will be before Wilson is offered a return to the Premier League. Far to good for this level.

• Like 1

I agree totally with Boozer's statement. I have tried to enjoy NL at Stoke but I just cannot get into it. The NL racing I have seen when I have visited Loomer Rd has been poor to say the least.

The attitude of the promotion also continues to grate with me.

Within the last month we have had the great Malcolm Vasey employing bully-boy tactics, coming on here threatening people with legal action!

Evidence enough that there are still considerable issues with the attitude of the promotion. You really could not make it up!

As a direct result of Malcolm's attitude on here I deliberately missed the opening meeting at Stoke. I would've gone but that attitude made sure that I didn't.

I will attend Stoke sometime this year (unless Malcolm's attitude persists), and if the racing is any good I will gladly come on here and say so.

It isn't bullying for the individual concerned to continually malign us and on that occasion with deliberately misconstruing a comment I made and reported in the press. Why should I put up with that and be assured if the need arises so will the court case bullying or not? I am not going to watch people try and destroy Stoke without reminding them that there is legislation in place to deal with such occurrences. That is not bullying it is defending Stoke Speedway and myself but you know what the negative people on here are causing considerable amusement at their own expense in the speedway world.

So many people have expressed their views to me about these crass and unworthy comments and not one says they are justified.

We have done a lot to try and improve Stoke Speedway both in terms of the track and the team and I will not let anyone deliberately try and ruin that with such remarks. Fair comment is one thing mischievous trouble making is quite different.

Maicolm Vasey

Stoke Speedway

It isn't bullying for the individual concerned to continually malign us and on that occasion with deliberately misconstruing a comment I made and reported in the press. Why should I put up with that and be assured if the need arises so will the court case bullying or not? I am not going to watch people try and destroy Stoke without reminding them that there is legislation in place to deal with such occurrences. That is not bullying it is defending Stoke Speedway and myself but you know what the negative people on here are causing considerable amusement at their own expense in the speedway world.

So many people have expressed their views to me about these crass and unworthy comments and not one says they are justified.

We have done a lot to try and improve Stoke Speedway both in terms of the track and the team and I will not let anyone deliberately try and ruin that with such remarks. Fair comment is one thing mischievous trouble making is quite different.

Maicolm Vasey

Stoke Speedway

That really does show what is wrong at Loomer Road you fit in the mould with the rest of the promotion, no more needs to be said.

Maicolm Vasey

Stoke Speedway

I certainly don't think that the strength of the comments made by the individual concerned was justified but, to me, you have to look not just at those comments but the person making them.

What he is is so rabidly and viciously biased against Stoke Speedway that, again to me, his remarks count for very little. Lets face it, f Stoke swept the board in the NL, won all the awards available regarding the track, announced a huge stadium development, a massive sponsorship and their elevation to the EL, he still wouldn't have a good thing to say about them.

True, there maybe some who aren't aware just how big an axe he has to grind but anyone who reads a Stoke thread or knows about NL speedway almost certainly will.

When my old mate Vog is critical of any aspect of Stoke Speedway the promotion should listen and, if possible, respond. He's a passionate fan without an agenda and just wants the best for his team.

Comments by Mr Newsman, however, can be ignored, ridiculed or laughed at for the subjective spite that they are.

You take it for granted at your peril. Some Lions fans don't have the best relation with the management, for what ever reason but they'll to support the Lions riders not the management. After all 28 years of hoping and dreaming focuses the mind. I will stick my neck out and say from a rider point of view the Stoke management is good and motivated riders win meetings if they have the ability ........simple. Although I am limitrd on experience of other teams but that's why I can't understand why last year went so wrong for Stoke they had good riders but maybe injuries and mechanical gremlins can't help well run or not. Anyway, I suppose though supporters want a club that's run for them. As a Lions fan I just want a club that runs.

I am not sure what I am taking for granted but I fully take (and agree with) your point about supporting the team and not the management. I certainly wouldn't go to Mildenhall, for example, if my choice was based solely upon my view of the promotion.

I don't agree totally about just having a club that runs because that takes away the responsibility of the promotion to do their best to ensure that the track is a success. All too readily in British Speedway, promotions have an arrogant and contemptuous 'take what you are given and be grateful' attitude towards paying spectators and that's not on - speedway is not just entertainment, its a business and, as in all businesses, those running it should make every effort to attract paying customers and I am not convinced - and I have many examples of this - that they all do.

I would say Stoke have been guilty of that in the past but the past is just that - the past. It is very pleasing to read Malcolm's comments about the track and their attempts to tackle it because Loomer Road can be one of the best in the country. Throw in a good team - and they are dark horses for me - and you have the ingredients for a very successful season indeed.

Leicester, however, is an example of a promotion not just disagreeing with the overwhelming opinion of spectators that there is a problem with the track but refusing to accept that the problem exists at all. That, to me, is a one way ticket to disaster and should the track close it would be totally unreasonable to point fingers at those who have stopped or refused to attend whilst absolving the promotion of any responsibility at all.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I am not sure what I am taking for granted but I fully take (and agree with) your point about supporting the team and not the management. I certainly wouldn't go to Mildenhall, for example, if my choice was based solely upon my view of the promotion.

I don't agree totally about just having a club that runs because that takes away the responsibility of the promotion to do their best to ensure that the track is a success. All too readily in British Speedway, promotions have an arrogant and contemptuous 'take what you are given and be grateful' attitude towards paying spectators and that's not on - speedway is not just entertainment, its a business and, as in all businesses, those running it should make every effort to attract paying customers and I am not convinced - and I have many examples of this - that they all do.

I would say Stoke have been guilty of that in the past but the past is just that - the past. It is very pleasing to read Malcolm's comments about the track and their attempts to tackle it because Loomer Road can be one of the best in the country. Throw in a good team - and they are dark horses for me - and you have the ingredients for a very successful season indeed.

Leicester, however, is an example of a promotion not just disagreeing with the overwhelming opinion of spectators that there is a problem with the track but refusing to accept that the problem exists at all. That, to me, is a one way ticket to disaster and should the track close it would be totally unreasonable to point fingers at those who have stopped or refused to attend whilst absolving the promotion of any responsibility at all.

I don't point fingers the point I was making was that it's a shame they can't support their team if not the promotion but then I can't question it as I can't sympathise with how they feel I genuinely feel for them that they can't enjoy what I do. I was also making the point that I was hostile to joining the EL but went with an open mind and found it not all that bad maybe if I hadn't liked it I may feel slightly different. I had watched EL meetings before but had no affinity to and found myself getting bored but obviously a connection of a team to support is completly different and the poster was saying that the change in league hadn't suited him or her.

Apologies but i'm not getting into a Leicester track debate on here.

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

Boozer/Proud Potter, could it be suggested that you abuse each other via PM ?

• Like 2

Proud Potter, not wishing to get invoiled in all this , but can not you see that it is not one or two ex supporters but loads of people who use to go , dont any more. Can you therefore not see that something is very much wrong at Stoke Speedway, all these people who have a go can not all be wrong. You can not treat supporters with threats and expect them to turn up each week to support the team. If you were abused each time you entered a business , you would not keep returning. If the promotion can not see this then can you point it out to them before the place shuts up for good

An ex life long supporter of Stoke Speedway

• Like 1

Malcolm do ever wonder if that 10 hour round trip is worth it every Saturday ?

Malcolm do ever wonder if that 10 hour round trip is worth it every Saturday ?

He must be getting a very good wage plus travel expences

Edited by fredbogge

Can anyone imagine a football league manager going on a public forum to slag of the fans who have previously paid his salary .

There are issues on both sides , but surely to continue to quote an Act of law because you don't agree with a speedway fans comments beggars belief .

I'm trying to place Stokes Mark Hughes on the fan forum quoting one law after another , that's not relationship building methinks ,

Some fans are X fans for a reason ???

I have been posting on the forum for years and I have never come across the type of abuse and threats of legal action by a supposed promoter to different forum members, in my opinion it sums up the type of abuse Stoke supporters have had to endure over the years.

Some may also know that postings today have been removed that would have made some peoples hair curl.

I am no angel but I can honestly say that I have always loved the banter on the forum but it seems that should you post anything negative about Stoke speedway you now have Proud Potter on your case within minutes.

It would also seem to be the case that within minutes you are subject to accusations that you are bullying or making derogatory remarks about Stoke, then we we start on the dictionary words being fired at you as though you are some sort of lowlife.

As I said I love the banter and people who know me will tell you I would rather have a drink and a laugh but it seems unless you are a Stoke groupie be very aware.

Edited by boozer

Going totally off subject did anyone watch the speedway on Sky tonight great comeback from the Lynn boys and not bad racing at all. :t:

Well I am completely at a loss to explain why a representative of a speedway promotion would comment in such a fashion on a forum that will be seen by hundreds of potential customers.

Malcolm, your comments have done absolutely nothing to convince me to attend again at Stoke, in fact the reverse is true.

A very sad situation.

Well I am completely at a loss to explain why a representative of a speedway promotion would comment in such a fashion on a forum that will be seen by hundreds of potential customers.

Malcolm, your comments have done absolutely nothing to convince me to attend again at Stoke, in fact the reverse is true.

A very sad situation.

Lee if you think that was bad you should have seen the removed posts.

Boozer, I seen those posts that were removed, an could not believe what I was reading. Any other sport and he would have been asked to explain himself before the powers that be for bring the sport into disrepute.Cant say anymore, but at least the rest of Speedway world now know what the Ex stoke fans have had to put up with !!!!!