British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
A ORLOV

Swindon - Leicester Now June 5th

Just dried out after a thorough soaking at the track today.

Set of photographs that show just how bad it was and why we had to call it off can be found at : http://blunsdonblog.co.uk/?page_id=7270

Pass the tissues - another cold on the way methinks!

Just dried out after a thorough soaking at the track today.

Set of photographs that show just how bad it was and why we had to call it off can be found at : http://blunsdonblog.co.uk/?page_id=7270

Pass the tissues - another cold on the way methinks!

Thanks Graham,

Us fans who turn up and pay our hard earned cash to watch our favourite sport don't always appreciate how much effort you guys (unpaid) put in-it must be heartbreaking to get to Thursday and all your efforts are for nought. I dread getting my weekly "Meeting Off" text from Phil!

• Like 4

Why oh why havn't we got around to having roofs over our stadium in this day and age. Or is the cost just to much. A big tent would do the job like they have at Butlins. It seems like it is a bit like Butlins only problem is we are all loving our speedway but there don't seem to be much fun and games.

Surely there has got to be a simple answer to all these rain offs. We all know what the English weather is like so it must be time for the promoters to come up with some new ideas, or before long folks will just stay at home even on days when the sun is shining.

Why oh why havn't we got around to having roofs over our stadium in this day and age. Or is the cost just to much. A big tent would do the job like they have at Butlins. It seems like it is a bit like Butlins only problem is we are all loving our speedway but there don't seem to be much fun and games.

Surely there has got to be a simple answer to all these rain offs. We all know what the English weather is like so it must be time for the promoters to come up with some new ideas, or before long folks will just stay at home even on days when the sun is shining.

The new 20,000 seater stadium at Blunsdon will have retractable roof

• Like 2

They should all follow suit. It is a sport that relies on the weather being fine, if all the tracks had retractable rooves it would save a hell of a lot of rained off fixtures.

Good old British weather, it rules all our lives.

Meetings are called off far to often nowadays, thought the fabled, all singing, all dancing, "BRIGGO" Dirt Deflector was supposed to be the saviour of our sport.... If it's not meant to minimise rear wheel roost, what the he'll is it for?!!!!

I am sure it's riders visibility that causes most issues with wet tracks? If that's the case, then what are the deflectors for? And don't give me the story about keeping shale on the tracks because the air fences do that on the turns, and shale loss on the straights is virtually nil anyway... So if protecting chasing riders from "roost" is not their function, what is it? Because they are bloody expensive!!!!

They should all follow suit. It is a sport that relies on the weather being fine, if all the tracks had retractable rooves it would save a hell of a lot of rained off fixtures.

Good old British weather, it rules all our lives.

Is that a whoosh?

Of course speedway clubs can't afford roofs. They can barely keep open as it is, and are constantly coming up with cost cutting measures.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

Swindon can't afford a broom to sweep up a bit of standing water, let along a roof for our imaginary new stadium.

• Like 1

Swindon can't afford a broom to sweep up a bit of standing water, let along a roof for our imaginary new stadium.

Imaginary new stadium ? a big statement Matt i have heard the same stuff and if i am honest i am worried to bigtime. Edited by sidney

Is that a whoosh?

Of course speedway clubs can't afford roofs. They can barely keep open as it is, and are constantly coming up with cost cutting measures.

FIM requirement from 2015, just announced.

Stand by for the Appeals and benefit meetings

I was under the understanding that Swindon had first call on Nick Morris, not Somerset ???

I was under the understanding that Swindon had first call on Nick Morris, not Somerset ???

Not for a rearranged fixture - even though Thursdays are Swindon's normal race night