British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrmiddlesbrough

Redcar Vs Ipswich 22/5/14

Hopefully the witches will again be on from on Sunday as I make the pretty long trip to Newcastle. Anyone else going?

Now that's what I call support. I'll hold my hands up, even if I had the time and money to make the trip, I still wouldn't.

Fair play to you Baldy and anyone else who makes such a long trip to support their team :t:

Now that's what I call support. I'll hold my hands up, even if I had the time and money to make the trip, I still wouldn't.

Fair play to you Baldy and anyone else who makes such a long trip to support their team :t:

Edinburgh Glasgow and Berwick are further obviously, Newcastle is just down the road

Im in Skeggy for the weekend. Looked at a route planner and theres still 200 miles to go!! Dont think the missus would be too happy if I abandoned the family to make the trip!

Well if you feel like joining me, or you could bring her with you? I'm sure the diamonds fans will keep me company even if no other Ipswich fan does.

Edited by Baldyman

Tweet from Captain Ritchie Hawkins..

@rhr_211: Boys all pumped with that 1! Great to have @rohantungate turn up for an away match #witches #teamwork

Ouch

Harsh but fair!

Not really considering Hawkins himself hasn't "turned up" for plenty away meetings himself this year! Bit rich if you ask me.

Actually, that's pretty poor from the "captain". Not sure it was necessary to have a dig at a teammate on social media for all and sundry to see. It may well be tongue in cheek, although with no smillies it doesn't come across that way, so out of order to single him out like that.

Not really considering Hawkins himself hasn't "turned up" for plenty away meetings himself this year! Bit rich if you ask me.

Actually, that's pretty poor from the "captain". Not sure it was necessary to have a dig at a teammate on social media for all and sundry to see. It may well be tongue in cheek, although with no smillies it doesn't come across that way, so out of order to single him out like that.

I think you are reading negativity into it that simply isnt there.

From what I see all the boys get on great - genuine friends rather than just team mates.

I think it was meant as a 'well done Rohan - we knew youd come good' rather than an 'about time' dig.

• Like 2

From what I see all the boys get on great - genuine friends rather than just team mates.

I think it was meant as a 'well done Rohan - we knew youd come good' rather than an 'about time' dig.

If that's the way you read it then fair enough.

I've read the tweet posted, and I read it as an unnecessary pop.

Like I said, it may well have been posted tongue in cheek and innocently, but that's not the way it came across in that tweet, to me.

I have to be honest, I read it the same way as Zodiak, and also thought it was completely unnecessary.

A simple well done boys would have sufficed, without the need for a sly dig.

However, reading the EADT this morning, I've completely changed my mind. Interview with Tungate..

"I Haven't been too bad at Foxhall but away from home I've just been lethargic and lacking motivation. I've been arriving at meetings not in the zone. I know this"

Lethargic and lacking motivation? He'll never get anywhere in this sport with an attitude like that.

Fans will support riders who are struggling with confidence or machinery as long as they see effort is still there.

But a half arsed attitude to meetings won't be appreciated.

Hawkins' tweet it seems was bang on.

Im in Skeggy for the weekend. Looked at a route planner and theres still 200 miles to go!! Dont think the missus would be too happy if I abandoned the family to make the trip!

But you wouldn't be abandoning the whole family, the boys would come with you, so it's just the missus that would be left "hotel alone" lol

Think that riders suffer from not being busy riding their speedway bike. As a few of the boys live locally they will naturally "hang around" together and have a laugh. It's then maybe hard to get in the groove and do their jobs? We all have bad days at the office, hopefully his are over!

But you wouldn't be abandoning the whole family, the boys would come with you, so it's just the missus that would be left "hotel alone" lol

Think that riders suffer from not being busy riding their speedway bike. As a few of the boys live locally they will naturally "hang around" together and have a laugh. It's then maybe hard to get in the groove and do their jobs? We all have bad days at the office, hopefully his are over!

and nanny grandad two sets of brother/sister in law and 4 of the boys cousins. She would lynch me!

It's nice to know for some travelling fans that rohan basically couldn't be bothered on away tracks. And some say that rider's always give 100%, obviously not. Hey rohan if you can't be bothered then do me a favour and quit and leave it someone that may be bothered to do their best.

I also read the article this morning and nearly choked on my cornflakes. Interesting that Mike Bacon tried to spin the article in to a positive one for Witches fans, with Tungate now more motivated after being helped and bigged up by Scott Nicholls' mechanic this week!

I don't travel to away meetings, and the article certainly annoyed me, so god knows how the likes of Baldyman must feel, travelling from one end of the country to the other, spending god knows how much money to support his team, only to read that basically one of the riders he's going to support couldn't really be bothered!!

I think Tungate has been incredibly naïve here. He could have made plenty of excuses to the poor start of the season from lacking confidence, to struggling with machinery and set ups.

But by saying what he has, he's now left himself open to criticism in his future performances.

If he has an absolute stinker tomorrow or in the future, the first thing people will question now is could he be bothered today.

Very naïve.

Edited by CardinalSin
  • Like 2