British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Workington 24/05/2014 @7pm

Finally a bit of decent discussion! Have to agree that ability or talent of Matej Kus has never been in doubt....and if he has finally found some consistency in his scoring then maybe he can realise his potential and kick on from here.

Jensen is hitting form after being a bit of a slow burner early on, there is still more to come from Bellego and Doolan...Vissing and Wethers have been fairly solid so far....perhaps this team is a little underrated!

• Like 1

A full supporters bus coming over for this one, we ran them close in the LC , lets hope we can get something out of this meeting

Josh will be a huge miss but Robbo gave his all in the comets bib a few weeks ago and a good choice of guest

Would love 3/4 points but nicking a point I'l be happy :approve:

Edited by Taylorj

Finally a bit of decent discussion! Have to agree that ability or talent of Matej Kus has never been in doubt....and if he has finally found some consistency in his scoring then maybe he can realise his potential and kick on from here.

Jensen is hitting form after being a bit of a slow burner early on, there is still more to come from Bellego and Doolan...Vissing and Wethers have been fairly solid so far....perhaps this team is a little underrated!

all we need is Beast from the east to bring us back to normal
  • Like 1

Even Screm and I having a decent discussion.

It all goes to show we are following the same cause.

Guess what?

I can't make tomorrow night, I think it will be a cracker!

• Like 1

home win by 12, track 6 point scoring riders you win meetings

track 3 point scoring riders you don't win many meetings

Dissapointed Grazjonek isn't riding but hey Swindon fans head to Eastbourne tomorrow with sedgman replacing Kildemand

British Speedway at its finest

I think we`ve all been guilty of being over optimistic about our team in recent seasons, though to be fair the promotion put together teams that looked good on paper but never rode to that potential. There was plenty questions about this years team, but they are producing the goods to a decent level so far. Don't see them reaching the play-offs at the end of the season, but from an entertainment point of view I`ve enjoyed the speedway meetings I`ve seen so far, apart from last week the track has been consistently good so its been value for money so far this season.

Even Screm and I having a decent discussion.

It all goes to show we are following the same cause.

Guess what?

I can't make tomorrow night, I think it will be a cracker!

Nooooooooo we could've announced our engagement. :wink:

Quite happy there is no speedway next week though as I`m off to Prague for the SGP. :drink:

• Like 2

In reverse to the home fixture, think the Bandits will be too good here for us, hope to nick a point!! :D

Beware the wounded animal, Berwick`s win last night will bound to make the Workington riders all the more determined to win over here tonight, and their performance a few weeks ago shows that.

Berwick will no doubt take a lot of confidence from their win but the Berwick Promotion would do well to make sure their riders don't become complacent, there is a meeting to win tonight and it wont come easy.

Weather has started off grey with very light drizzly rain, forecast is this will clear fairly soon. The afternoon will be mostly dry with showers spreading in from the south later this afternoon.

Superb win for the boys last night but for me last nights result will only mean something if we turn up tonight and get the 3 points . What a start that would be, unbeaten in 3 home meetings , with the full 12 points and a full 4 points from our 1st away meeting. C'mon the bandits!

• Like 1

Beware the wounded animal, Berwick`s win last night will bound to make the Workington riders all the more determined to win over here tonight, and their performance a few weeks ago shows that.

Berwick will no doubt take a lot of confidence from their win but the Berwick Promotion would do well to make sure their riders don't become complacent, there is a meeting to win tonight and it wont come easy.

Weather has started off grey with very light drizzly rain, forecast is this will clear fairly soon. The afternoon will be mostly dry with showers spreading in from the south later this afternoon.

If they get the track back to how it was until last week, Bandits 52 Comics 38

Going by the match report on the website, the management are very keen not to take the eye off the ball tonight.

Should be a cracking meeting!

http://berwickbandits.co/article/bandits-pull-sensational-win-workington-taking-all-four-points

These are the latest Berwick averages issued by the BSPA yesterday.

Kevin Doolan 7-16

Claus Vissing 7-12

Mathew Wethers 6-80

David Bellego 6-54

Matej Kus 5-68

Steen Jensen 5-60

Liam Carr 3-00

Team average 41-90.

Two things, it looks Vissing will be taking over as No1, and incredibly there is a real chance of Kus going to reserve.

Any of the riders swapping to reserve keeps us very strong.

Kus at reserve would be some rider to have at that position!

Steen would not be out of place at all in the main body.

A very well constructed team, no prima donnas, just solid throughout, and space for a young local rider to develop.

Last night was the cut-off point for next month's averages, and yes, Claus Vissing will be No 1 for June, at least.

Steen Jensen's average won't change on June 1st like the others as he hasn't completed 4 away matches, which he won't do until (weather permitting, Bandits haven't had too many sunny Thursdays this year) after Redcar next week -- his average would change on June 5th.

What his average will be then, I have no idea! Maybe someone can work it out. Bonus points don't count, and I'm not sure about Heat 15 appearances.

If he moves up, the thought of any of the top five moving down is mouth-watering.

• Like 1