British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Birmingham 26th May 2014

Looking forward to this midland derby so hopefully the weather will behave.

Bees should be at full strength (if Fisher makes it back from PL meeting in time)

Birmingham will only be missing Skornicki

Hope the track gets sorted after rain from last couple of days, although sunny now and that the track has Dirt instead of being slick.

Both teams come into this meeting following wins. Birmingham winning at home to Eastbourne whilst Coventry became first team to get away win at Poole this year.

• Like 1

Hoping its a guest for Skornicki, should be a good meeting, lets hope the weather holds off for a day.

Hoping its a guest for Skornicki, should be a good meeting, lets hope the weather holds off for a day.

Only teams you can have a guest from are Lynn and Lakeside as they're not riding or Leciester and Poole as they're riding at 3pm (so a rider coud be in Coventry for about 6pm). Only rider on a 6+ average in them two teams that fits is Schlein.

There's a surprise.... Rory possibly guesting against Cov! That never happens 😉

• Like 1

R/R would properly work best against bees as Birmingham have a team of riders that ride well at Brandon esp Barker and King

• Like 1

I think this could go either way esp if track is slick.

Will depend on which Fisher & Hansen turn up

This will be closer than some think, Brum have a few riders that like Brandon but I think Bees will win by 12.

IM doing the usual and hoping we can get 30 points, one win against Eastbourne dosent make us championship chasers, can only see the Bees coming away with the points.

Just hope we can get a meeting in, bloody weather, work all week in sunshine and then it Rains, AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Looking forward to a Speedway fix, so can only hope that this isn't yet another Bank Holiday Meeting to play second fiddle to the weather.

Will Birmingham have their new signing - Bartosz Zmarzlic, lining up?

Personally, I've never heard of him, despite the British Speedway website referring to him as a 'Polish Sensation'. Sensation? Errrrr, okay, let's wait and see.

Can only see this as a home win; based purely upon the facts that Cov are on a bit of a roll lately. They have strength in-depth and I don't think it will be too long before they hold a position in the table that reflects their true ability. By comparison, The Brummies are having a mare; albeit recent changes appear to be working to some extent.

When I went to Brummies v Lakeside a few weeks back, their gating was absolutely woeful. Yep - worse than Lakesides'............and I really cannot tell you how bad that is! ;) That said, they have a couple of riders that certainly know how to ride Brandon; but without Skornicki, it's undoubtedly a big ask for them to take an away win.

But at the end of the day, who knows!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Zmarzlik making his debut on Wednesday against Belle Vue, Jack said after the Eastbourne match that Brummies likely to use R/R for Skornicki.

Given our dreadful away form, Im not expecting a point in this but I do hope we can avoid a big defeat.

Will Birmingham have their new signing - Bartosz Zmarzlic, lining up?

Personally, I've never heard of him, despite the British Speedway website referring to him as a 'Polish Sensation'. Sensation? Errrrr, okay, let's wait and see.

I'm struggling to think of any other 17 year olds who have finished on the podium in a Grand Prix

He finished above Andreas Jonsson, Przem Pawlicki, Troy Batchelor, Matej Zagar and Martin Vaculik in last year's Swedish Elitserien averages.

So the hype is justified, but that should be tempered by experience which shows young foreigners don't always adapt to British speedway overnight. I hope he does well, Birmingham badly need something to make their season interesting

Looking forward to a Speedway fix, so can only hope that this isn't yet another Bank Holiday Meeting to play second fiddle to the weather.

Will Birmingham have their new Bartosz Zmarzlic, lining up? signing -

Can only see this as a home win; based purely upon the facts that Cov are on a bit of a roll lately. They have strength in-depth and I don't think it will be too long before they hold a position in the table that reflects their true ability. By comparison, The Brummies are having a mare; albeit recent changes appear to be working to some extent.

When I went to Brummies v Lakeside a few weeks back, their gating was absolutely woeful. Yep - worse than Lakesides'............and I really cannot tell you how bad that is! ;) That said, they have a couple of riders that certainly know how to ride Brandon; but without Skornicki, it's undoubtedly a big ask for them to take an away win.

But at the end of the day, who knows!

Zmarzlik was 3rd in the 2012 Gorzow Grand Prix...

.....Brummie Kev...............Zmarzlik making his debut on Wednesday against Belle Vue, Jack said after the Eastbourne match that Brummies likely to use R/R for Skornicki.

What a shame. Not often the Coventry promoters will get chance to put a nice 'Z' in the team's alphabetical order list. :lol:

Confirmed on Brummies website they are using R/R for Skornicki. Makes sense when have riders who ride Brandon well.

The weather is lovely in Coventry because no speedway today. Lets hope it can be as kind tomorrow