British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Swindon V Belle Vue 26/5/14

Trolling still I see? keep it going mush you will soon get fed up as it does not bother me because you just like thecoombdog have made yourselves look like bigger t1ts than Katie Price's :t:

Thats fine by me you could not even tell me where Stratton St Margaret Was ? you might of went last night but no way you are a regular Swindon supporter.

Did none of you listen to the riders' comments on Sky? They all said that the problem was not with the track but with visibility, due to the rain on their goggles/tear-offs

• Like 2

Did none of you listen to the riders' comments on Sky? They all said that the problem was not with the track but with visibility, due to the rain on their goggles/tear-offs

I don't think that makes any difference. The visibility was good enough for the riders to race hard in heats 11 and 12. Despite Rosco's best efforts to persuade her otherwise, Charlie told us the rain had slackened off after heat 10 and Tatum said during heat 12 that there was no reason not to continue.

Rosco regarded the 3 points as more important than denying the fans there and those watching on TV the opportunity to get what they had paid to see. I very much doubt it would have been called off if both teams had wanted to continue.

It's disappointing that so many people sat in the comfort of their front room seem to think they have some God given right to moan.

The only people who have a right to moan are the ones who spent their hard earned last night, stood in the pouring rain for the 3rd meeting out of 5 and were short changed. The decision announced over the tannoy confirmed it was a joint decision so why is Rosco the fall guy?

Health and Safety should be of paramount importance and knowing the margins of error are minute then I would expect a little more understanding.

For the record, I felt the meeting should have continued as the rain was no worse than heat 4 or 5, there was some excellent battles and the meeting was nicely poised but I don't ride a bike professionally so what do I know.

• Like 3

I don't think that makes any difference. The visibility was good enough for the riders to race hard in heats 11 and 12. Despite Rosco's best efforts to persuade her otherwise, Charlie told us the rain had slackened off after heat 10 and Tatum said during heat 12 that there was no reason not to continue.

Rosco regarded the 3 points as more important than denying the fans there and those watching on TV the opportunity to get what they had paid to see. I very much doubt it would have been called off if both teams had wanted to continue.

Not at all as has already been said it was quite clear that the majority of the riders on both sides did not want to ride and Ronnie Allen agree with that .

• Like 1

Why are people going on about the track? It wasn't abandoned because of the track.

It was strange to carry on after heat 10, then call it off 2 races later, but I don't see why Swindon seem to be getting so much blame.

Matej Zagar and Scott Nicholls both seemed far from happy with conditions and Kelvin Tatum never shut up about xalling it off all evening.

In the end it was the decision of the stewward, who could easily have told them to get on with it.

Grachan you are the sole voice of reason on this thread!

As you say the meeting was abandoned because of poor visibility not track conditions. Having ridden a motorcycle myself rain/mist can have a significant impact on visibility and that's just riding on the road let alone on a bike doing 60mph with no brakes on a 360 metre oval track in poor light.

I know some people feel cheated they only saw 12 heats instead of 15 and for any Belle Vue fans who made the trip it must have been particularly frustrating but surely rider safety is paramount? The sport is dangerous enough in good conditions let alone throwing in an additional hazard.

For those who seem to think Rosco and Batchelor got it called off the official announcement was along the lines of " the referee has abandoned the meeting with the agreement of the two captains in the interest of rider safety owing to the deteriorating conditions"

If Swindon have tried to influence the referee's decision then surely Belle Vue have grounds for appeal?

Given the conditions I think both teams served up some pretty good racing and thankfully everybody went home in one piece.

• Like 2

Not at all as has already been said it was quite clear that the majority of the riders on both sides did not want to ride and Ronnie Allen agree with that .

Wasn't it you who said it.

You claimed 5 Belle Vue riders didn't want to continue, who told you that? Nicholls said on fb that it should have continued, Cook wanted to carry on, can't imagine Palm- Toft wanted it off after his heat 11 ride, Zagar said he had ridden in worse conditions so that leaves Worrall an ex moto cross rider and the two draft riders and only one of them had another ride to come.

I understand your loyalty to Rosco and that you feel the need to try to defend him but sometimes you have to see the bigger picture.

Wasn't it you who said it.

You claimed 5 Belle Vue riders didn't want to continue, who told you that? Nicholls said on fb that it should have continued, Cook wanted to carry on, can't imagine Palm- Toft wanted it off after his heat 11 ride, Zagar said he had ridden in worse conditions so that leaves Worrall an ex moto cross rider and the two draft riders and only one of them had another ride to come.

I understand your loyalty to Rosco and that you feel the need to try to defend him but sometimes you have to see the bigger picture.

What people said before and what they said after are two different things but at the time of the call off the majority or riders that is more than seven were happy for the meeting to be called off .No doubt you missed the faces Nicholls was pulling when your tm said the match should carry on ?

Besides all that it is Ronnie Allen who makes the final Call not Rosco . Bit shocked how Simon g rode after you said he would fall to Bit's after Rosco dressing down in public ...MOM the two matches since .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

There was no way the meeting should have been called off, what are the riders playing at these days. A bit of rain on the track and they go and throw a wobbly. Speedway is in a bad enough way in this country as it is without having meetings called off when it starts to rain. The track conditions were not that bad and the racing was still competative. OK one or two riders slipped off but they where doing that from race one.

If the track had been like a ploughed field yes you can understand them calling off a meeting, but not when the track was still riderable.

Are the riders wrapping themselves up in cottenwool. It was a total disgrace. We seem to be losing far to many races, so what is the problem these days is it that the drainage at the tracks is poor, the tracks are packed to hard, so the water forms small lakes on the track. Not sure what 6shale they use now or where it comes from, but I am sure that in days of yore when they used shale from the coal fired power stations the shale was of better quility than the stuff they are using these days.

As people have said it was not the track but poor visibility. The shale is the finest quality known from South Cerney shale pits up the road from The Abbey, and has been in use since 1949. It is the best money can buy.

Great Gusto performance silencing the critics.

What size crowd last night?

Edited by lamborough downsman
  • Like 1

As people have said it was not the track but poor visibility. The shale is the finest quality known from South Cerney shale pits up the road from The Abbey, and has been in use since 1949. It is the best money can buy.

Great Gusto performance silencing the critics.

What size crowd last night?

It rained from heat 1 so if visibility was the problem why did the meeting start, when Zagar was interviewed complaining about visibility that was heat 6, why did it get past that point and at heat 10 when it was agreed to continue it didn't get any worst 2 heat later.

Poor crowd, about 600?

• Like 1

It rained from heat 1 so if visibility was the problem why did the meeting start, when Zagar was interviewed complaining about visibility that was heat 6, why did it get past that point and at heat 10 when it was agreed to continue it didn't get any worst 2 heat later.Poor crowd, about 600?

Because they agreed to give it a go for another 2 heats after the heat 10 cut off point. Said so on the telly.

So Belle Vue were given a couple of races to get back to within 6. They failed.

The complaints on this thread are possibly the most ludicrous I,ve ever seen. It's ridiculous.

I suggest you all go out in your cars the next time it's raining and try driving without windscreen wipers.

• Like 2

Bit shocked how Simon g rode after you said he would fall to Bit's after Rosco dressing down in public ...MOM the two matches since .

You would have more credibility if you stopped making things up. When did I ever say he would fall to bits. What I said is that a public dressing down is the wrong way to go about things. He might have improved his performance but who knows what he now thinks about Rosco.

One thing that is true is that whenever there is criticism of Rosco up you pop to defend him. Sometimes I agree with you but it is silly to defend him when he is clearly in the wrong. Just read this thread and see what the vast majority of people saw, heard and the conclusion they have reached.

Edited by Aces51

You would have more credibility if you stopped making things up. When did I ever say he would fall to bits. What I said is that a public dressing down is the wrong way to go about things. He might have improved his performance but who knows what he now thinks about Rosco.

One thing that is true is that whenever there is criticism of Rosco up you pop to defend him. Sometimes I agree with you but it is silly to defend him when he is clearly in the wrong. Just read this thread and see what the vast majority of people saw, heard and the conclusion they have reached.

Not making stuff up at all ..you clearly said that Rosco outbust would destroy the little confidence Simon had ...as has been shown that has not been the case and what Rosco did look's like it has done the trick

Not sure why Rosco was wrong ? no matter what he is not the person who called that the match off it was Ronnie Allen . Reading the topic I not seen anyone who said that was not the case .

• Like 1

Because they agreed to give it a go for another 2 heats after the heat 10 cut off point. Said so on the telly.

So Belle Vue were given a couple of races to get back to within 6. They failed.

The complaints on this thread are possibly the most ludicrous I,ve ever seen. It's ridiculous.

I suggest you all go out in your cars the next time it's raining and try driving without windscreen wipers.

So if it was that dangerous why did heat 1 start then, it's drizzled throughout the meeting.