British Speedway Forum

Very sorry to hear this. I met him for the first time at Iwade a couple of years ago.So down to earth, but to me he was a speedway hero who I saw on the telly when I was young.

Simmo, you always were class on a Speedway bike, now you have found peace RIP.

Rest In Peace Super Simmo, a true English great in every sense :cry:

• Like 1

He was a West Ham reserve when I 1st followed them in the 60s and I went over to Wimbledon only to find we had a weakened team. No guests then. Simmonds came good that night and if memory serves won all his races. Good memories. R.I.P Simmo.

RIP Simmo

That's sad , another speedway great away to the pits in the sky . Rest in peace Simmo

R.I.P Simmo.

Although he was past his best when he rode for Hackney in 1987, he could still beat the best riders of the day if he was in the mood.

First followed Simmo in 63 at Hackney and was pleased to see him move to West Ham. Such a shame to lose two boyhood hero's in Simmo and Tony Clarke in such a short space of time

RIP Malc

Such sad news. Should make a good few World Finals in the next life. A true all time great, gone but certainly will not be forgotten

Devastated by this news. I supported Poole throughout the 70's as a kid and Simmo took things to another level and was a legend in my eyes. Watched him on the shale and grass and he was a superb motorcyclist.

RIP Simmo, thanks for the memories.

• Like 1