British Speedway Forum

Very sad news. I have fond memories of Simmo's time with us at Kings Lynn. A great rider, and true entertainer.

My condolences go to all his family at this very sad time.

RIP Simmo, and thanks from all the fans at Kings Lynn Speedway.

My first Speedway hero in 1968 at Kings Lynn. I would get him to sign a photo or programme nearly every week, & he would gladly sign it, even though I must have got on his nerves. RIP Thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

Very sad indeed. Great rider and always a colourful character.

Speedway needs more like him.

• Like 3

RIP Super Simmo

One of British Speedways finest ever riders ,

A really thoughtful piece was read out at Poole tonight about Simmo and everyone at the track gave Simmo a minute of sincere applause, really nicely done and well deserved for a great rider now departed this life.

• Like 5

A great picture of Simmo on the front of the star this week, fully deserved legend easy for anyone to say but he was that good.

• Like 3

UNBEKNOWN to each other, Tony McDonald, Martin Rogers and I all used the phrase 'silky smooth' in our tributes to Simmo in SS this week. And that's exactly what he was...

• Like 3

Simmo was often deemed as being outspoken but if only people who run this great sport had listened because he spoke a lot of sense.

RIP Simmo & best wishes to all his family.

• Like 1

I will be attending Simmo's funeral this afternoon to pay my respects. Simmo was a family friend and the reason I found speedway. The sun is shining and thoughts are with his wife and family today. RIP Super Simmo.

• Like 1