British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

The track is Matt Ford's fault, buck stops with him!

As he is the promoter (i.e. boss) 100% correct.

Righto. And this is one of the reasons why Steve has told me to tell you what to do with this forum..

Well sort of sums SS up really doesn't it. Someone states a fact, it doesn't put Matt Ford/Poole in a good light so he throws his toys out. He's not here so you now do it for him. So lets get this straight. Are you saying Matt Ford is not the boss?

You say about petty childish behaviour but haven't you noticed, that since the departure of Shovlar the forum has become far more relaxed. Far more debating on subjects in a far more humorous and harmonious fashion. Steve never bothered me to much but he certainly knew how to word his posts to rile others then act the victim.

The forum has once again become an absolute pleasure to be a part of and long may it continue

I've had SS on ignore for quite a while but this Poole thread before the meeting had a far different ambience than previous Poole threads, so maybe his absence is the difference.

As for the meeting. I thought the racing for the most part was follow my leader FTG stuff after the 2nd bend so was surprised to read on Twitter that some thought it exciting. The best TEAM won. Poole couldn't cover for their underperforming members whereas Lynn's youngsters stepped it up at the right time to cover for theirs.

• Like 1

May be worth starting by employing someone who can produce a good track week in week out!!

I have heard there is a Polish guy that has come available - would be happy to travel from the Midlands to the South Coast!!

• Like 2

Or They Could employ Buster as Track Advisor, so he can put Matty on the right track to getting it right.

• Like 1

It sure is a better forum for the blinkered ones absence. You can actually talk about the meeting and what went on without being told your anti Poole or jealous. It was obvious to all that the track was awful last night and it caused Poole to lose the meeting with Milik falling and Darcy bucking around. Just hope Starman isn't stepping into shovs shoes as he seemed to think track was ok. Anyway Poole need a change somewhere team is a bit stale. Josh finding the step up from reserve a bit tough. I would persevere with Milik. The only thing Poole can't change is the draft rider situation. Newman is ok but should be the top rider but isn't. Poole will make the play offs but its obvious this team isn't good enough. Iversen got 7 and Bjerre 4 yet they still win. Darcy and Shamek are carrying the team.

The track cost Poole tonight.

Again fair play to the decent Poole fans who are here win lose or draw. The usual suspects shovlar, starman, poole quay. home straight have shock horror gone missing. Speaks volumes as to what people think of Poole fans on here in general

Oh gavan, you are such a tart! :rofl:

You appear to have conveniently forgotten that I was in fact, the first Poole fan on here to congratulate Coventry winning so well and which you acknowledged ( after making yourself look foolish, ranting on with the same bile) :rolleyes:

​Lets be honest gavan, you are completely obsessed with Poole speedway and Steve Shovlar in particular and if you think you can now move on to me to single and call out then think again because I will reply and and make you look a fool..... Mind you that's not difficult as you do most of that for yourself anyway.

Well done to the Stars on a spirited display and 3 points fully deserved.

Please continue to write us off and we will see how things are at the end of the season!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 4

Thoroughly enjoyed last night, must say although the screen is small, it's amazing how much we got to see from the live screening, even the commentary made it better.

Surprised the Poole track is no better, after it was announced repair work had been done last year. Clearly it benefits no-one, least of all Poole from the ruts and bumps. How much you can attribute Darcy's errors, in the last two defeats at home, to the track, only Darcy knows.

The Stars performed admirably last night, each rider contributing to the success. Non more so than our Capt. Marvel. There has been talk on the forum that he's not as good as we think, a spent force, a has been, but last night proved just how good he really is. As a 3rd heat leader he has few equals. Lewis Kerr continued his impressive form. As the meeting mount up, so does the scalps of 2nd strings he has beaten. I can understand other clubs being envying of us having the top FTR.

There is all talk of Poole changing riders, but they have good team. Their 1 to 5 is equal or better than most teams in the league. They have some brilliant young riders, but they don't have this divine right to win every match. Poole's biggest problem is their draft riders, and no amount of money will alter that. Unless Ford can produce a magical rider to fill that reserve berth, Poole will be no different than the other teams in the league.

Probably, this is the time when Poole will wish they put more importance into producing younger talent then they have done in the past.......

Having watched Lewis at Plymouth two weeks ago, I rate the lad very high, a rider on the up for sure, in his last race he went four laps around the boards, not many away riders do that at the SBA, without buying a burger.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 3

Good to see Lewis Bridger's performance on an 'away' track, only dropped two points to opposition and finished in front of all four heat 15 contestants during the meeting. Time for certain Poole posters to recognize his contribution and finally get off his back after all these years.

• Like 2

Not been to Poole this season so far but been to Brandon and I think both teams seem to be suffering from the same problems - unpredictable track and clearly a lack of confidence in riding on it. That will always help the visiting team. I have to say though that weather this year can not be helping but KL do manage to get a decent race surface despite the weather.

Having said all that and contradicting myself, KL have had a few close meetings too I think. Any comments from Star's supporters?

As he is the promoter (i.e. boss) 100% correct.

Well sort of sums SS up really doesn't it. Someone states a fact, it doesn't put Matt Ford/Poole in a good light so he throws his toys out. He's not here so you now do it for him. So lets get this straight. Are you saying Matt Ford is not the boss?

When everything is good Matt is amazing, it's all down to him. When something goes wrong he doesn't ride the bike, he doesn't do the track, there always a fall guy. A good leader takes the criticism as well as the praise.

Does he employ the track staff? If so Ford is responsible for track prep.

• Like 1

Just glad the 'out of form' Iversen managed to drag his bike around the four laps in heat 15 to take the win : )

An on-form Iversen would have beat more than 2 opponents before heat 15 so wouldn't have even been needed in heat 15 :P

It was obvious to all that the track was awful last night and it caused Poole to lose the meeting with Milik falling and Darcy bucking around. Just hope Starman isn't stepping into shovs shoes as he seemed to think track was ok.

Bend one and two looked pretty ropey, and definitely cost Ward and Milik towards the end. I don't understand why it's not been sorted, as it seems to me that the home riders can't trust the track.

Anyway Poole need a change somewhere team is a bit stale. Josh finding the step up from reserve a bit tough. I would persevere with Milik. The only thing Poole can't change is the draft rider situation. Newman is ok but should be the top rider but isn't. Poole will make the play offs but its obvious this team isn't good enough. Iversen got 7 and Bjerre 4 yet they still win. Darcy and Shamek are carrying the team.

Grajczonek is averaging 6.69 this year, including last night. He threw in a duff one yesterday, but IMO is generally exceeding expectations. I'm not sure either rider will be in the line up come the end of the season though. The only way to compensate at reserve is to have such a strong 1-5 it won't matter, which makes the second-strings on their inflated averages quite vulnerable. Provided their averages remain high though, I can't see any change happening for a month or two.

Newman probably should have done a bit better last night, but he is only just coming back from a pretty bad injury and Kerr is the best reserve by far this year.

Edited by Nellie

Ha ha, more angst and bluster over a meaningless early season qualifier.

A team can afford to lose half their meetings and still comfortably qualify for the end of season beano, by then several riders will have been replaced and this result will not even be mentioned.

I know if I was a KL fan I'd be keeping a lid on any cocksure smugness as it will all be different for the pokc, won't it?

They could run Competion to name thePoole team in Sept if previous seasons are anything to go by.!!!

Congratulations Kings Lynn on yet another fine away win.

Despite now supporting Lakeside, it is Hackney Speedway that still lives within my heart. To this end, I know just how badly it hurts; being years in the top tier and winning zilch. It's as if you are there simply making up the numbers; whilst the big boys use you simply as a commodity. Hopes and dreams at the start of each season quickly begin to evaporate as reality kicks in.

But this year, you must be feeling something quite different. Your team, even when depleted, is bringing home the points because you have a team of riders with passion and belief. A team of guys that are so clearly proud of the club that they represent.

It is still relatively early days, but if the trophy heads to Norfolk at the end of this season, along with many other true Speedway Supporters (particularly those of us who remember your much leaner times) I will be absolutely delighted for you. And in particular, genuinely happy for those of your supporters who have endured so many seasons of abject disappointment.

Keep up this form Kings Lynn and you will be worthy Champions. And I for one will raise a glass in your honour.

• Like 4