British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Poole V Kings Lynn 28/05/2014

I thought it was Poole that made Ward a good rider? ;)

I think Ward would have become a a top rider, wherever he had gone, even Birmingham ;)

• Like 1

I think Ward would have become a a top rider, wherever he had gone, even Birmingham ;)

Darcy can ride any track, big or small, the one thing that lets him down, and he's fully aware of it is his Gating.

I'm not quite sure where this sentiment comes from. Nothing against King's Lynn, but far from 'so many seasons of abject disappointment', KL fans only have to cast their minds back to 2006-2009 when their club was dominant in the PL. 2 League titles, 3 cup wins, tonking home wins virtually every week - I'm sure the fans of many clubs wish we could look back on a time of such abject disappointment.

You've completely missed my point - maybe I didn't make it clear.

For example, Hackney Kestrels 'did the double' (League & KO Cup) in 1988. But that was in the old National (now Premier) League days.

The Hawks never won the British (Elite) League title.

Whilst taking nothing away from our '88 season, there's a vast difference between not winning the top league, as opposed to winning (what is primarily) the second division.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 2

Iversen and Bjerre can afford an off night then Schweiny and Kerr step up to the plate and seal the victory...the team to beat.

Edited by lamborough downsman

I thought the track was pretty good considering it is Wimborne Road :rofl:

Rubbish poole track is awful where most riders hit trouble on the exit of bend two its down to the base when they hit it they go out of control,that is why we lost sort the track out Matt ford

Ha ha, more angst and bluster over a meaningless early season qualifier.

A team can afford to lose half their meetings and still comfortably qualify for the end of season beano, by then several riders will have been replaced and this result will not even be mentioned.

I know if I was a KL fan I'd be keeping a lid on any cocksure smugness as it will all be different for the pokc, won't it?

How sour those grapes must be.

The play offs are fantastic,full on racing that you don't always get in the league. We have benefited from them and suffered by them but they are always terrific to watch.

Well said FB.

• Like 1

We love the way he fills his clothes

He looks just like them boys in vogue

We love the way he plays it call

We think that he is beautiful

He's so shovely

He's so shovely

He's so shovely

Happiness is Poole 44 :lol::lol::lol:

I have heard there is a Polish guy that has come available - would be happy to travel from the Midlands to the South Coast!!

Does seem odd that Poole are having problems with the track similar to Coventry. Poole was always a good entertaining stadium to visit with good racing up until last season or so.

Would be nice to see a hat trick of home defeats for the Pirates, I wonder who is there next week ? :D

Would be nice to see a hat trick of home defeats for the Pirates, I wonder who is there next week ? :D

They should be alright then :wink:

• Like 1

Does seem odd that Poole are having problems with the track similar to Coventry. Poole was always a good entertaining stadium to visit with good racing up until last season or so.

A friend of mine who is new to speedway was utterly thrilled by this week's meeting - and I must admit that the Bees match from the week before was one of the best for racing and entertainment I've seen in recent years..

I was holidaying in Dorset so decided to go and watch this meeting. Kings Lynn gave their all and came away with the win, although a draw would of been a fairer result.

As for the quality of racing seen at Wimbourne road, I was stood just outside the covered grandstand by the 3rd bend and was chatting to a seasoned Poole fan, he said the track has produced poor racing for a fair few seasons now. I suggested more dirt is needed as the tractor pulling the plough like thingymajig was causing sparks, surely you shouldn't have sparks on a dirt track.

Total agree with you, Ward a exquisite talent, & im not a Poole fan!