British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummie Kev

Birmingham V Swindon Mon 2nd June

Did I hear right earlier - Pearson suggesting that Lewis Kerr would be a good pick for the SWC :rolleyes:

Did I hear right earlier - Pearson suggesting that Lewis Kerr would be a good pick for the SWC :rolleyes:

You did, he did indeed. Plonker Pearson strikes again.. :icon_smile_clown:

really feel for Birmingham, so close and rode really well.

Swindon really struggled

Poor meeting boring to be honest, the result does not matter again the crowd suffer hard luck to the Brum they deserved the points.

Most entertaining part of the night was Barker saying another rider needs to learn some control.

The only time Barker is in control is when he's asleep,

As I pointed out on the Swindon v BV thread last week, the only way to stop these situations is to rule that any meeting where the result is still in question has to be re-run if abandoned.

• Like 1

unlucky brummies. out rode swindon to be honest before the rain arrived. and as for rosco. he really is the biggest titty baby in speedway.

Less gardening and wasting time at the gates earlier on and there would have been a result tonight

• Like 3

You did, he did indeed. Plonker Pearson strikes again.. :icon_smile_clown:

He also suggested the British Final, being held at Wolverhampton, should be pointer to who should be picked. Can't think of 2 tracks less alike than Lynn and Wolverhampton :nono:

Calling a result after 10 heats is way too early IMO, it should be at least 12 or 13....

• Like 1

Rosco is one hell of a big baby...but Swindon's best-ever boss. Roscos Rampant Red Rockin Robbing Robins luckily live to fight again. Must do better on Thursday against the Lions.

Calling a result after 10 heats is way too early IMO, it should be at least 12 or 13....

Agreed, you wouldn't get a footie match abandoned on 75mins with the result standing, with fewer and fewer fixtures these days, I'm sure abandoned matches could be fitted in.

As I pointed out on the Swindon v BV thread last week, the only way to stop these situations is to rule that any meeting where the result is still in question has to be re-run if abandoned.

Maybe there should be some kind of Duckworth Lewis type system, whereby Birmingham for example when this is rerun should get credit for being in front when it was rained off. The rain isn't the fault of either side and if this was brought in perhaps abandonments would be slightly less controversial. It couldn't be any more complicated than DL and it would give Pearson & Tatum something to talk about.

• Like 1