British Speedway Forum
ColinMills

Coventry Meeting Day

The Bees will never ride at the Ricoh or Wycombe Wanderers FC !?

Think I'll have to go to the meeting at Binley Woods to see exactly what is going on as no one on here seems to know.

One year in, and I can't see that the Coventry fans have done a single thing, despite Colin Mills trying to prompt them. Two years and counting, folks, if you let Sandhu get his way. Time to oppose him in every single way you can.

Go down the Oxford route and see if you can get the stadium designated as a conservation area - that'll put in a huge hurdle in Sandhu's way.

The more you can do is mess him up while the stadium is still operational, the more chance of it staying that way.

Don't fall for 'let Brandon get knocked down and then open a stadium elsewhere' routine. That never happens. Look at Reading.

The Oxford fans have found that you've got a surprising amount of power on your side, if you win over the MP and local council. Come on Coventry folk, if you tackle this now, you CAN make a huge difference and keep Brandon open. A start would be 300-400 fans in attendance on October 18th, making their feelings known.

You've got to forget any past successes under Sandhu. He is now trying to kill your speedway club. Oppose him at every turn, and stop him getting his way.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 9

One year in, and I can't see that the Coventry fans have done a single thing, despite Colin Mills trying to prompt them. Two years and counting, folks, if you let Sandhu get his way. Time to oppose him in every single way you can.

Go down the Oxford route and see if you can get the stadium designated as a conservation area - that'll put in a huge hurdle in Sandhu's way.

The more you can do is mess him up while the stadium is still operational, the more chance of it staying that way.

Don't fall for 'let Brandon get knocked down and then open a stadium elsewhere' routine. That never happens. Look at Reading.

The Oxford fans have found that you've got a surprising amount of power on your side, if you win over the MP and local council. Come on Coventry folk, if you tackle this now, you CAN make a huge difference and keep Brandon open. A start would be 300-400 fans in attendance on October 18th, making their feelings known.

All the best

Rob

It seems many bees fans will be attending this meeting on the 18th. We do have influential people behind us, Tony Gillias member of the SCB is the head of the planning commitee and Rugby MP Mark Pawsey is head of the Speedway parliamentary group.

Why is there nothing about this on the Bees site? Don't they want to fight to stay at Brandon either.......or are we all off to Peterborough a la CCFC.

Why is there nothing about this on the Bees site? Don't they want to fight to stay at Brandon either.......or are we all off to Peterborough a la CCFC.

Very true, the silence has been deafening on the official club site for some time now.

I never thought I would see the day when Brandon was under threat of being demolished, but now sadly it seems a distinct possibility

• Like 1

It seems many bees fans will be attending this meeting on the 18th. We do have influential people behind us, Tony Gillias member of the SCB is the head of the planning commitee and Rugby MP Mark Pawsey is head of the Speedway parliamentary group.

Well he thought it was the centre did he not, thats what we were all told!

Well he thought it was the centre did he not, thats what we were all told!

There does seem to be some confusion but no matter what it's good to have someone like that on the commitee.

To be fair they probably know as much as we do, this is in the early stages but Horton really does need to start asking questions.

You've got to forget any past successes under Sandhu. He is now trying to kill your speedway club. Oppose him at every turn, and stop him getting his way.

All the best

Rob

Totally agree, Sandhu doesn't give a stuff about the Bees, even if he wanted to build us a new home it would be very hard for him to get permission. The end of Brandon will be the end of the Bees so let's turn out in force at the meeting and see what we can do to stop him getting PP granted for his housing estate.

I'm disgusted with Sandhu, he's a sporting man himself and knows the heritage of Brandon, speedway has been there since 1928 and is set to be wiped out just so he can add a few more £££ to his already bulging bank balance. If only there was someone within the speedway world with the finances to buy him out.

Edited by deanr1
  • Like 4

Totally agree, Sandhu doesn't give a stuff about the Bees, even if he wanted to build us a new home it would be very hard for him to get permission. The end of Brandon will be the end of the Bees so let's turn out in force at the meeting and see what we can do to stop him getting PP granted for his housing estate.

I'm disgusted with Sandhu, he's a sporting man himself and knows the heritage of the Brandon, speedway has been there since 1928 and is set to be wiped out just so he can add a few more £££ to his already bulging bank balance. If only there was someone within the speedway world with the finances to buy him out.

We don't even know if it is Sandhu that bought the site again. Edited by woz01

Yes please join if you can, good work Pete.

I'm with you in spirit.

I am not, and don't want to be, on Facebook.

Very best wishes in your endeavours.

• Like 1

The Facebook group and campaign was the lead item on the 4pm BBC Cov & Warks news... I'm on Drive Time just after 5pm and we have nearly 300 Facebook members in a few hours. A good start I think...

• Like 2

The Facebook group and campaign was the lead item on the 4pm BBC Cov & Warks news... I'm on Drive Time just after 5pm and we have nearly 300 Facebook members in a few hours. A good start I think...

Excellent work speedybee, I'm sure I speak for all Bees fans when I say thank you for the effort you are putting in!

• Like 4