British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Leicester V King's Lynn Saturday June 7th

I'm fed up with all the comment about the track on individual meeting threads. I am going to be really radical and try to look for something positive. If Jason Doyle had been riding for us and we had a half decent no.5 and they had scored 15 points between them as opposed to the 8 scored by last night's guests (not too difficult I would have thought) Leicester would have won 49 to 40. Also pleasing to see the reserves equalling the score of the two KL reserves who are among the best in the league.

• Like 2

I'm fed up with all the comment about the track on individual meeting threads. I am going to be really radical and try to look for something positive. If Jason Doyle had been riding for us and we had a half decent no.5 and they had scored 15 points between them as opposed to the 8 scored by last night's guests (not too difficult I would have thought) Leicester would have won 49 to 40. Also pleasing to see the reserves equalling the score of the two KL reserves who are among the best in the league.

and if Kenneth Bjerre and Robert Lambert had been there and Lewis Kerr remembered how to gate you would have got a bigger tonking

and if Kenneth Bjerre and Robert Lambert had been there and Lewis Kerr remembered how to gate you would have got a bigger tonking

I was gonna say exactly the same thing. Only 6 points came from our no5 position and Kerr probably had his worst night including the absolutely shocking exclusion in heat 14.

But absences only count against Leicester.

You should know by now that women like to have the last word and whether it makes sense or not doesn't really matter. :D

Ha ha and that from a woman who thinks Coventry is a good racetrack. Priceless

First of all congratulations to the Reserves, especially Max Clegg. Secondly It's my belief that most of the riders thought the quality of the track surface given the amount of rain we've had recently was excellent. Well done Glyn Taylor.

I wonder, given that DH was an extremely successful cycle speedway rider, how similar the BP track design/shape is to the actual sport he really knows most about? In which case that might start to explain a few things.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure what kind of point you're trying to make here. Are you trying to pick an argument with me, or what? I'm saying it's wrong anyway to make comparisons, but invariably human nature dictates how different people see different things if they were directly involved in both eras. You say you didn't go to Blackbird Road for whatever reason. That's OK with me, I just don't see the point of your reply.

The point I was making was that I can't say what BR was like because I never went but I imagine most people remember it with nostalgia rather thsn realism the realists tell me the racing eas dire. My apologies if I gave the immpression thst you agreed with me. That wasn't tbe case

Now I do want the track changing not because I don't like it but because I am sick to the back teeth of this every sunday morning. I do hope they do change it. Because lets face it Swindon on thursday night 'one of the best tracks in the country' was an absolute cracker..... wasn't it?

If Iversen is doing sub 60 heats how on gods earth was anyone doing 61/62/63 going to have a 'good race' with him.Stead was able to pass why couldn't everyone else Oh that will be because Stead is an allround quality rider and 'can' pass.That will be why.

Kings Lynn were far the better team on the night and thanks to Kerr packing the wrong gloves it wasn't worse.

Get real !!!!

Is that to suggest that you do like it ? If so, to say you don't 'follow the herd' would be a minor understatement.

Perhaps a better reason for changing the track than stopping the complaints (and, lets face it, this isn't just Volty & Robert, its virtually every neutral or away fan that goes there or watches it on the box) is genuine concern that it could put the entire future of Leicester Speedway at risk. Its clear from comments on here that people do not go any more and that, I think, is reflected in attendances.

I don't go to Leicester that often, but in the visits I have made over the years since it has opened I have seen one half decent meeting and 8 or 9 that have been rubbish. Its unlikely that that is consistently any different when I haven't been.

It could be that Iversen couldn't pass Korneliussen due to Mads knowledge of the track. More likely, though, was that he couldn't do so because there was one racing line and Korneliussen was on it. That's certainly how it appeared to me, anyway.

Its bad enough having a promoter that simply refuses to acknowledge that a problem exists (despite the evidence of his own eyes and the overwhelming opinion of spectators) without apologists leading him to believe he is right after all.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 9

Is that to suggest that you do like it ? If so, to say you don't 'follow the herd' would be a minor understatement.

Perhaps a better reason for changing the track than stopping the complaints (and, lets face it, this isn't just Volty & Robert, its virtually every neutral or away fan that goes there or watches it on the box) is genuine concern that it could put the entire future of Leicester Speedway at risk. Its clear from comments on here that people do not go any more and that, I think, is reflected in attendances.

I don't go to Leicester that often, but in the visits I have made over the years since it has opened I have seen one half decent meeting and 8 or 9 that have been rubbish. Its unlikely that that is consistently any different when I haven't been.

It could be that Iversen couldn't pass Korneliussen due to Mads knowledge of the track. More likely, though, was that he couldn't do so because there was one racing line and Korneliussen was on it. That's certainly how it appeared to me, anyway.

Its bad enough having a promoter that simply refuses to acknowledge that a problem exists (despite the evidence of his own eyes and the overwhelming opinion of spectators) without apologists leading him to believe he is right after all.

The BSF hardly a scientific poll is it?

Although I've enjoyed coming out to play today. I've got to go in now. Stuff to do...laters!!!!!!

Edited by TMW

The point I was making was that I can't say what BR was like because I never went but I imagine most people remember it with nostalgia rather thsn realism the realists tell me the racing eas dire. My apologies if I gave the immpression thst you agreed with me. That wasn't tbe case

whoever told you the racing was dire at Blackbird Road must be suffering from some sort of dementia.....The track was probably the fairest track in the country with very little home advantage and the entertainment value from just 1 meeting is more than all the meetings at Beaumont Park since it opened combined.
  • Like 3

Maybe you have a point as Lewis Kerr has been tearing it up this season but if Doyley was out there and regular no 5 who knows but I reckon we would have sneaked it.

I think the stars will go on and win the lot as they are the best 7 in the league from what I've seen and will be deserved champions.You have a very balanced team and an out and out no 1.A lot of people say that we lack an out and out no1 but I disagree Doyley is top draw and Mads too.

It was clear that the track record holder was quicker than mads and tried to pass inside and outside but found it impossible because mads was on the only racing line.

Hemsley is killing the sport in Leicester by his arrogance in thinking he has the perfect track,if you speak to him he will say he has a great race track.

First of all congratulations to the Reserves, especially Max Clegg. Secondly It's my belief that most of the riders thought the quality of the track surface given the amount of rain we've had recently was excellent. Well done Glyn Taylor.

I wonder, given that DH was an extremely successful cycle speedway rider, how similar the BP track design/shape is to the actual sport he really knows most about? In which case that might start to explain a few things.

I'd say you are bang on the money there. Have a look at BP and Slater Street on google earth. I think he maybe wanted to create a speedway track that is different to anything else, as a monument to himself. That seems to have been thoroughly achieved

• Like 2

I'd say you are bang on the money there. Have a look at BP and Slater Street on google earth. I think he maybe wanted to create a speedway track that is different to anything else, as a monument to himself. That seems to have been thoroughly achieved

I just used Google Earth to measure BP and Slater Street, the distances between the two straights and between the apexes of the corners. While there's bound to be some margin for error, the proportions of the two centre greens are remarkably similar.
  • Like 1

Ha ha and that from a woman who thinks Coventry is a good racetrack. Priceless

Point me in the direction where I have said that, but compared to Leicester I suppose it is as the racing is 100% better even when the track has been diabolical this season while the Pole has been doing it. I really can't be bothered to drop down to your childish level as I made a jokey comment about women having the last word but you've obviously got no sense of humour as well as an obsession with defending the quality of racing at Beaumont Park.

• Like 2