British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Eastbourne V Leicester 31/5

I know there is very little interest in this fixture, so I thought I would get the ball rolling. Rory makes the lions a lot stronger, but not enough to stop the eagles at Arlington. Any thoughts.

Eagles should walk this really, will be going to this one hopefully be some good racing!

Schlein for Hougaard makes a tremendous difference. Cannot understand why they are similar averages but around Arlington they are poles apart with Schlein somewhere between 4 & 7 points better dependent on how he feels.

Should be a good tussle for the heat leaders who all go well here but after that I must say things may be bleak for the Lions bottom four. Hope I am wrong as we need some tight matches and they have been hard to come by this year.

Eagles should walk this really, will be going to this one hopefully be some good racing!

Bob's tractor has been in for a service, he should be flying tonight... :wink:

• Like 4

Pmsl why on earth are Eastbourne running a fixture on a GP night are they looking for financial suicide or something.

Pmsl why on earth are Eastbourne running a fixture on a GP night are they looking for financial suicide or something.

I bet there will be some better racing at Arlington than the processional stuff we are likely to witness in Prague!! You don't need top riders to make for great racing! and Uncle Bob reckons he loses more money on any 'off-racing' night!!!

• Like 1

Definately top riders dont always make best racing, thought eagles v cov couple weeks ago was gonna be poor but was a really good well fought meeting, looking forward to tonight now.

• Like 1

Due to a few extra meetings this year and saturday nights being the best night to race for eastbourne its the risk they have to take and some fans prefer to be at a meeting watching it seeing as they can record the gp that way can fast forward through the adverts and waffle!!

• Like 1

Not when a third of the points only cost you £40 a piece!!

Great this fast track system is...

Eastbournes reserves 17 paid 21

Leicesters reserves 1 point between them.

What a farce,how possibly can this be fair.

• Like 3

Marc Owen at number 6 for Leicester

Could it be a magic night for him ?

Yep. he kept on disappearing before the first corner.
  • Like 3

Leicester picked poorly though so it isnt only the system to blame.

I don't know how difficult it is to arrange guests at fairly short notice, but Lions had 48 hours to get a replacement for their original guest, James Sarjeant,who was standing in for the injured Tom Perry before he was injured himself on Thursday. Perry is no.11 in the draft list so they could have anyone from no.12 downwards & they pick someone who is no.34 on the list. Surely they could have had someone better it's not like there was lots of other meetings on tonight.

What do you expect when you introduce NL kids to the Eastbourne triangle for the first time ?, their track baffles enough proper EL riders.

Edited by david2905
  • Like 1