British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

My first post so please be gentle with me. :D

My view is NP had a faster machine then MZ, and was frustrated that he could not get at Holder for that 2nd place and into the final.

Also frustrated cause MZ kept looking for where NP was riding, I think that really got to NP.

and so the move on the final 2 bends. NP appeared to be slightly in front but maybe he realised he did'nt have the drive to get the point.

and so, I agree with Phil Rising on this, out come the right leg and booted MZ off to oblivion (well to the fence anyway) and at high speed. I reckon MZ would have felt that force, and knew what NP had done.

Got out of the air bag (fortunately) but by time he got to NP he had restrained himself somewhat and thats why the punch seemed a bit "soft", though difficult when someone wearing an helmet anyway (not that I have tried it).

The lick by NP was disgusting, and maybe MZ should have gone down writhing in agony, but maybe not that sort of guy nor thought of it at that moment.

In the pits, it looks like MZ was on his way back to his own pit when NP said something that diverted MZ to NP, then when MZ walking away "the mouth" started again so MZ went back. Pity his left hand did'nt hit NP proper.

Sad state of affairs. I have been "away" from speedway for about 30 years till last year (thank you Eurosport), I can remember it being tough riding at times, but was surprised and sometimes shocked at how tough it is now. Either its got a lot tougher or I have softened with older age.

I do agree with NP statements about Tai Woff. last year. I think sometimes Tai was out of control and "caused" a number of accidents to himself and others, specifically Cardiff, when Freddie Lingren got the blame, and the injury to Gollob. My view anyway.

Then Emil went out of last years GP's. I saw the incident, Medinski was'nt it. I reckon AM knew Emil was going round the outside and deliberately squeezed him into the fence, whereas a fairer rider would have just left enough space for safety. That was tough, could have ended Emils career - certainly slowed him down a bit this year from what I have seen.

There you are, first post, I will go and duck low now.

can someone explain how Nicki's bike was still running after he clearly was separated from it during the crash what about the cut-out Health and safety issue ?

It's not the first time this season that has happened , same thing with the Hall / Auty altercation , seems that the cut out is not 100% reliable

Having watched the slow motion replay I'm not sure Nicki Pedersen did too much wrong. He was in front of Zagar going into the bend.

I've seen a lot worse from many GP riders.

Edited by marky

Having watched the slow motion replay I'm not sure Nicki Pedersen did too much wrong. He was in front of Zagar going into the bend.

I've seen a lot worse from many GP riders.

Unfortunately it did not happen in slow motion.

Quite a few fans with little or no understanding of what is involved have expressed that point of view.

No riders have, quite the opposite in fact.

I'm going with the riders, sorry.

oh what its like to be perfect. Could you spare us some of your wisdom and tell us who are these "fans" who have little or no understanding of whats involved are?
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say all riders are perfect but if you've been World Champion then it's probably as good as it gets isn't it?

You are obviously one of the fans who seem to be at odds with the riders and there are also a few others in the 'I know better than the riders because I'm dead clever' camp.

Sometimes you just have to show deference to superior experience and knowledge and move on, or to put it another way, when you are in a hole stop digging.

maybe im not just a fan ,maybe im a mechanic for a rider ,maybe im an engine tuner or a rider ,maybe i work for the FIM or the ACU or even the SCB ,maybe im a referee ? maybe im non of those and just a fan who sits in his armchair and digs his hole but i do know what im talking about and i dont have to quote any names to make my point

I wouldn't say all riders are perfect but if you've been World Champion then it's probably as good as it gets isn't it?

You are obviously one of the fans who seem to be at odds with the riders and there are also a few others in the 'I know better than the riders because I'm dead clever' camp.

Sometimes you just have to show deference to superior experience and knowledge and move on, or to put it another way, when you are in a hole stop digging.

Ive heard enough of Sam Ermolenkos waffle to know that being a speedway World Champion doesn't mean you have the slightly clue about what goes on. And I've heard enough of Kelvin Tatum to know what a hypocrite he can be and that despite his many wonderful exploits on a bike, he has a very different opinion now he's on the other side of the fence.

Nobody is deny Nicki races hard. Nobody is deny he was wrong for that move.

Edited by SCB

Is this a new version of 'What's My Line'?

I like the subliminal message, I'm not falling for it though, lol!.

Anyway, I didn't realise you were trying to make a point, I am though. Every rider who has publicly expressed an opinion about the idiot is in agreement.

You are not being serious are you?

Ermolenko and Tatum have probably forgotten more about speedway than you will ever know. Judging someone on what he says on a TV show is a bit arbitrary to say the least.

Lots of riders race hard. All the riders who have publicly commented agree the idiot was at fault again.

You do realise Dean was a rider up until last year?? I dont agree with what he says but i respect the fact he will have a good understanding.

Nicki has 3 World Titles. More than any other current rider. Using your theory that experience and World Titles trump all then I'll take Nickis opinion over all others on this one.

LOOK where Zagar went into the fence ... wouldn't say that was halfway round the corner.

It most certainly wasn't on the entrance to the corner, when they were side by side and room for both..

As Pedersen hasn't moved off the inside line, only one thing can have changed and that is Zagar moving in a tad.

It was simply a racing incident where the fact the footrest got caught made it look bad.

The rest is publicity and marketing.

Edited by BWitcher

Quite a few fans with little or no understanding of what is involved have expressed that point of view.

No riders have, quite the opposite in fact.

I'm going with the riders, sorry.

Dear Mr Perfect. Thanks for talking down to me. I do understand what was involved and gave an opinion.

The majority of the other riders in the GP do the same moves at Pedersen did here. It was nowhere near as bad as some think including you. My view is that the after reaction from Zagar, and then Pedersen, made it a bigger story than it deserved.

As an example see this video. If Pedersen had been in blue, took out the rider in white (as the video shows) he would have been heavily criticised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0dTVE1lqEM

This one shows Lindgren doing exactly the same move on Pedersen as he did on Zagar. No big fuss then was there. Hancock was just s hrd on Pedersen in a recent GP. All riders do it to each other in a GP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7vxUOgsus

Dear Mr Perfect. Thanks for talking down to me. I do understand what was involved and gave an opinion.

The majority of the other riders in the GP do the same moves at Pedersen did here. It was nowhere near as bad as some think including you. My view is that the after reaction from Zagar, and then Pedersen, made it a bigger story than it deserved.

As an example see this video. If Pedersen had been in blue, took out the rider in white (as the video shows) he would have been heavily criticised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0dTVE1lqEM

This one shows Lindgren doing exactly the same move on Pedersen as he did on Zagar. No big fuss then was there. Hancock was just s hrd on Pedersen in a recent GP. All riders do it to each other in a GP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7vxUOgsus

I did notice that in the first video the first rider to his feet goes over to see if the 2nd rider is ok. In the second clip the first rider up just waves his arms about and walks off showing no regard for his fellow riders well being. Coincidence? You decide :)

I did notice that in the first video the first rider to his feet goes over to see if the 2nd rider is ok. In the second clip the first rider up just waves his arms about and walks off showing no regard for his fellow riders well being. Coincidence? You decide :)

so what ? The tape shows Pedersen being knocked off by two different riders. That's the point being made.

Arrogance personified!

You not only know better than every rider who has expressed an opinion, but you are accusing all the riders of doing the same thing to each other, unbelievable. You just disagree with all the riders and the riders are wrong, because you do understand what was involved, lol!

I just agree with all the riders, if they are wrong then so am I.

Try it, I usually go with the experts and it works 99.9% of the time.

You remind me of someone who once told me about chemtrails. Even when I explained what I did for a living and described the science behind what he thought he could see. He, like you, ignored the expert opinion and maintained that he was right.

We'll have to agree to disagree. You certainly have a way with patronising words.

The video tapes clearly show Pedersen on the wrong end of two bad moves from Tai & Lindgren. It's not just Pedersen who rides hard and/or too hard at times. Pedersen is no angel but plenty do the same as him.

Have a word with dean machine about the first bend in a speedway race, it doesn't compare with any other turn.

The other clip doesn't look good but it is frankly impossible to tell if Lindgren charged into pedersen, pedersen style, or picked up a bit or even if there was another explanation like a bike problem or something.

Anyway, it's not me you are disagreeing with is the riders.

:D

Edited by marky