British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

I have a few pals and their wives round to watch Italy v England on TV later. We went on Freeview 38 to watch the Grand Prix and they felt Mallilla in Sweden was "rather tatty compared to World Cup venues." And they also thought the meeting did not have the same atmosphere that the World Cup games have.

Best GP so far.

Some great races.

CONGRATULATIONS To Tai.

Well done.

Zagar v Pedersen.

That so easily could have resulted in an injury for Zagar, as for NP , to kick out esp wearing a steel shoe, i don't blame

Zagar for going to him in the pits. Even worse to see NP standing there laughing. (What would he have been like if Zagar

had done it to him...... Disgraceful...

NP will not be getting many xmas cards this year...

• Like 2

I have a few pals and their wives round to watch Italy v England on TV later. We went on Freeview 38 to watch the Grand Prix and they felt Mallilla in Sweden was "rather tatty compared to World Cup venues." And they also thought the meeting did not have the same atmosphere that the World Cup games have.

it also not a borefest like soccer is
  • Like 1

and quite possibily they would be right on both counts.....

...but the bit on the brown stuff was as good as anything you will see over the next 4 weeks on the green stuff.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Personal opinion if people think football is boring.From what i have seen of the world cup it has started off really well.Absolutely clueless of people to compare speedway venues with brand new venues built for the world cup!!!! and to compare atmosphere at speedway with world cup games......well i'd probably use a word less complimentary than 'clueless' for such comments :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

I know its different eras but I'd love to see DN strutting his stuff against real Hardmen like Garry Middleton and Millen the villain. He'd have tears as well as spit and snot in that blueroll before he wiped it all over his face and head.

• Like 1

Would you believe it. Football fans prefer football to other sport :o

Top notch meeting, everything you want. Some brilliant racing, a bit of drama and a worthy winner :t:

The throat is sore from shouting at the TV again and my belly is sore from laughing at the NP V Zagar punch up...What a pair of girls :D

Well done Tai..Chuffed to bits for you.

It's nights like these that make up for the dirge we saw from Marketa and Tampere.

I LOVE SPEEDWAY!

• Like 4

One of the best GP'S so far if not the best. The track rode well and gave some very good racing. Well done to Tai. Pederson should be banned from riding for a monthy or more for what he did tonoght. The way he acted in the pits was just disgraceful, how he could make such a big joke of what he did causing the crash and then kicking out with his steel shoe is not the way a true sportsman should act. Plus it is not the first time that he has acted in this way. A shear disgrace to the sport

• Like 3

That guy will kill or seriously injure someone if he carry's on like he is, and he has no respect for his fellow riders, but the authorities condone it by not giving him a ban, it can't be coincidence it happens too often and it is always Pederson that's involved, and going by tonight he also thinks it's funny,

• Like 3

Separated at birth - Nicki P and Uraguays right back. wink

Never mind, they'll soon forget the speedway when Italy score their 3rd goal.

I believe the race was not stopped before the leader had crossed the line resulting in the outcome given. Its happened this way before also.

CORRECT ... both Zagar and Pedersen fined 600 euros for "ungentlemanly conduct" by the FIM Jury.

CORRECT ... both Zagar and Pedersen fined 600 euros for "ungentlemanly conduct" by the FIM Jury.

My goodness, they'll feel that one in the weekly wage won't they! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

What rubbishe. Both should have been given a £600 bonus for adding to the nights entertainment. If two riders want to fight/slap each other then let them!

As for the rest of you calling for bans and all sorts. It's a GP FFS, Nicki was hardly going to sit back and stay in 4th. He made a move, he got it wrong. If we're going to ban rider who misjudge things you'll end up with gate and go speedway.