British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rustyre bel1

Devils V Panthers Fri June 6th

Good meeting devils deserved the win,barker superb both legs of the tie the panthers gave it a good go though

Plymouth have no chance.

We are the Panthers.

But the winners by an aggregate of 8 points where PLYMOUTH :t: :party:

We have 3 Number 1's tonight and a heat leader in Blackbird.

It seems that Peterborough can Talk the Talk but can't Walk the Walk :lol::rofl:

• Like 1

has liam g fan gone a.w.o.l.

has liam g fan gone a.w.o.l.

Probably morphing into Jedward Fan as I write

• Like 1

But the winners by an aggregate of 8 points where PLYMOUTH :t: :party:

It seems that Peterborough can Talk the Talk but can't Walk the Walk :lol::rofl:

The resident loony doesn't speak for Peterborough though!

Edited by Crump99

Firsly, I hope Kalle is ok after his fall.

Devils had to work hard for the win. Nip and tuck all the way, until Ht12.

Step up James Shanes. 2 + 1 doesn't reflect his efforts. The whole tie took a massive swing in Plymouths favour following James Ht12 exiting ride. This guy cant gate to save his life. Once he gets around the 1st turn, he sets off at a very fast pace, playing 30 metre chase! Slowly but surely catching those in front of him.

With 2 laps to go, you had a feeling he could actually get a point. A lap and a half to go, he blasted round the 3rd/4th turns to line up Halsey. He kept in wound on going into the 1st turn and screamed round a stunned Halsey, to bring arguably one of the biggest cheers Ive ever heard at the SBA.

The whole tie turned in Devils favour right there and then. 100% pivotal.

Did his 'lap of honour' while the rest of the Devils waited at the pit gate for him. Bet hes got a sore back today! :lol: At the after the meeting interviews, he was grabbed by his team mates and given the bumps. Rarely has scoring 1pt been seen or greeted with such importance.

That one ride is exactly what I love about the sport. The 'unknown doing the unexpected'.

Well done James. More please! :lol:

• Like 5

If the dou ble up riders were removed from the teams there would be 44 vacant slots, surprised that there are no comments about the most important thing that happened, the PL debut of James Shanes. I have been keeping an eye on him since he came to Plymouth when he was 12, he is very special, hopefully he will be able to upgrade his equipment.

Penny Cross super comments werent there when I wrote my comment. Trelawny won the League Cup and I got soaked in champers by Steve Masters I hope my health will improve to let me see the Devils wwibn this cup.

• Like 1

Jepsen jensen Racing I would really love to know what medication your on!!!

He's the only living brain donor.

Don't think many will be doing the trip with no number one and two guests no disrespect to them both at reserve!!

I agree, but the club must of known weeks ago that Fisher would be riding for Coventry, I have the feeling that they expected to be 10 to 15 points ahead, and not needing to bring in a guest, and only being 2 ahead from the 1st leg, it back-fired on them.

• Like 1

After the comment in the Panthers match report you are not alone in that thought.

Good meeting devils deserved the win,barker superb both legs of the tie the panthers gave it a good go though

To be honest lewy, I don't think me or you or any Devils supporter would be happy if Plymouth were going to any track, defending a 2pt advantage from the 1st leg, and having to use r/r for Ben Barker, knowing weeks in advance he would not be available, to me its very bad planning, and taking for granted you were going to get a big advantage from the first leg, who in their right mind would do that, you have to plan ahead, and take nothing for granted, and using r/r for a 8+ riding is a little different then using it for a 6+ rider, like Plymouth did on Friday.

Edited by Devildodger

What's happened to Liam? Does he only sing when he is winning

On to another reincarnation of a Jepsen Jensen moniker and off to Coventry.

All these years so many have wanted him sent to Coventry and now he goes all of his own accord!!

He kicked me! As we say up here....Bjerre you're a wee lassie.If you can't take it don't give it. :cheers: