British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

If it's going to be ready in 2016 then they must have an idea of what they are building ...

The single most important part of any new speedway stadium (National or otherwise) is ... oh yeah ... the track :)

Everyone got excited about Leicester and look what happened. If the new circuit is like Scunthorpe or Somerset then everyone would be happy. Ideally, if it's outside a centre green large enough for other sports then it needs to be wide and sweeping like the old Hyde Road or many if the Polish tracks we are all so envious.

If you're telling me that no-one has put any thought into the track - how the hell can they design the stadium?

Bampots at both ends of the spectrum, LOL! ;)

I have posted this before a while back on the Belle vue thread and its a quote that was on the Belle vue web sight and it would appear that someone has had a little think about the track.(Quote)the track will be approx 350 meters long,the straights will be wide with plenty of room to pass and the turns will be big sweeping bends with the maximum banking allowed by the FIM for an international circuit.

If it's going to be ready in 2016 then they must have an idea of what they are building ...

The single most important part of any new speedway stadium (National or otherwise) is ... oh yeah ... the track :)

Everyone got excited about Leicester and look what happened. If the new circuit is like Scunthorpe or Somerset then everyone would be happy. Ideally, if it's outside a centre green large enough for other sports then it needs to be wide and sweeping like the old Hyde Road or many if the Polish tracks we are all so envious.

If you're telling me that no-one has put any thought into the track - how the hell can they design the stadium?

Now you really are being stupid.

• Like 1

It was stated by Chris Morton early on in the piece that the new Track would be built as close as was possible, using the old Hyde Road Track as an ideal model.. I have not seen anything contradicting that - so there is your answer.

If they can do that - they will have one hell of a Track. Believe me they have thought about the Track, and they fully realise it's importance to the new Stadium.

C'moooon the 'Aces'.

I presume you have only seen the 3D computer generated photos? There are detailed designs available here :

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/MCCList1.aspx?106133%2FFO%2F2014%2FN2

The track was the first thing to be designed by Chris Morton, it was the most important thing, Everything else was designed to fit around it. In fact when the plans had to be changed earlier this year due to a dispute over land the track stayed the same but they have had to remove terracing from the apex of the bends to still fit it in.

It was stated by Chris Morton early on in the piece that the new Track would be built as close as was possible, using the old Hyde Road Track as an ideal model.. I have not seen anything contradicting that - so there is your answer.

If they can do that - they will have one hell of a Track. Believe me they have thought about the Track, and they fully realise it's importance to the new Stadium.

C'moooon the 'Aces'.

He has never said it will be close to Hyde Road, that would be too difficult to do. There are elements from Hyde Road like the width and the straights will have a slight kink in them like Hyde Road did. It will more like a wider Bydgoszcz.

I presume you have only seen the 3D computer generated photos? There are detailed designs available here :

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/MCCList1.aspx?106133%2FFO%2F2014%2FN2

The track was the first thing to be designed by Chris Morton, it was the most important thing, Everything else was designed to fit around it. In fact when the plans had to be changed earlier this year due to a dispute over land the track stayed the same but they have had to remove terracing from the apex of the bends to still fit it in.

He has never said it will be close to Hyde Road, that would be too difficult to do. There are elements from Hyde Road like the width and the straights will have a slight kink in them like Hyde Road did. It will more like a wider Bydgoszcz.

Thank you for that Rob B. I stand corrected. I was sure I read somewhere, ages ago, that the Track was to be modelled on Hyde Road.

I obviously misremembered - age you know. :t::) :)

• Like 1

Brilliant, thank you - I shall took a closer look later.

Seeing that has certainly helped, considering the ridiculous responses from certain quarters - indeed, it has put the icing on the cake :)

Am I not allowed to be cynical? Is there somewhere you can point me to see what the actual track will be like? All I've seen so far are architect drawings, and the track looks just the way a non-speedway person would draw a track round a field. Has anyone published the real spec?

Brilliant, thank you - I shall took a closer look later.

Seeing that has certainly helped, considering the ridiculous responses from certain quarters - indeed, it has put the icing on the cake :)

it was you that attracted the responses with your offhanded quote above.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

it was you that attracted the responses with your offhanded quote above.

Yes.....And of course the equally stupid comment....

Forgive me for Laughing Out Loud.

So cynical about this that ... (1) it's either never going to happen, or (2) the track will be a flat and/or narrow waste of time.

Yes.....And of course the equally stupid comment....

I said "forgive me for being cynical".

You were downright rude.

I asked a simple question, indeed tinged with cynicism, and thankfully Rob responded sensibly while all you could do was take the piddle.

I hadn't done any digging (if you'll pardon the pun) and hadn't seen anything other than a simple drawing.

You're welcome to find some easy targets for your derogatory comments if it cheers you up. Enjoy having your cake and eating it LOL.

Edited by Had Enough Too

I asked a simple question,

No you didn't. It wasn't a question. It was an idiotic attempted trolling statement , that the stadium wasn't going to be built and b.) that the track was going to be narrow and flat.

Idiotic because the previous 39 pages of this thread document the story up to (and beyond) the point where Manchester council confirmed that the stadium IS being built.

It's also well documented that the track is being built as wide as possible and to the maximum banking allowed by FIM regulations. Everyone just pointed out the stupidity of trolling with a pathetic statement which was totally the opposite to the actual facts.

• Like 3

No you didn't. It wasn't a question. It was an idiotic attempted trolling statement , that the stadium wasn't going to be built and b.) that the track was going to be narrow and flat. Idiotic because the previous 39 pages of this thread document the story up to (and beyond) the point where Manchester council confirmed that the stadium IS being built. It's also well documented that the track is being built as wide as possible and to the maximum banking allowed by FIM regulations. Everyone just pointed out the stupidity of trolling with a pathetic statement which was totally the opposite to the actual facts.

Not everyone - unless you and Tsunami are everyone?! Sorry, indeed, you got a couple of likes.

Anyway, thank you for telling me how I think - I'll consult you next time I want to poke a bit of ironic fun (for which if begged forgiveness in advance) in case it doesn't fall within your tolerance levels :)

And again, a big Thank You to Rob for responding purposefully and very helpfully ... much appreciated.

i love when people troll and then say its all irony and we didnt get the joke

• Like 1

i love when people troll and then say its all irony and we didnt get the joke

It's only a troll if you say it is.

I didn't "then say it was irony" because I said at the start, "forgive me for being cynical".

Yes there was a degree of irony (harmless), but there was a self-confessed high level of (speedway authority induced) cynicism.

If people interpret stuff the way they want then they can go ahead - and taking the mickey instead of answering with meaningful information is their own choice. For example: John Leslie could easily have said: "I think you're bang out of order with those comments, and here's the information about the track to prove it ...". Instead he chose to ridicule.

There's irony somewhere in that, LOL :)

No harm done from my perspective - my life hasn't changed as a result of this little joust :t:

Edited by Had Enough Too
  • Like 2

It's only a troll if you say it is.

I didn't "then say it was irony" because I said at the start, "forgive me for being cynical".

Yes there was a degree of irony (harmless), but there was a self-confessed high level of (speedway authority induced) cynicism.

If people interpret stuff the way they want then they can go ahead - and taking the mickey instead of answering with meaningful information is their own choice. For example: John Leslie could easily have said: "I think you're bang out of order with those comments, and here's the information about the track to prove it ...". Instead he chose to ridicule.

There's irony somewhere in that, LOL :)

No harm done from my perspective - my life hasn't changed as a result of this little joust :t:

OK then - you want someone to say it, so I will: I think your bang out of order with your comments. You were being worse than cynical - you were actively trolling.

The stadium is being built by the Manchester authorities - a mixture between Manchester City Council and the East Manchester Regeneration group. It will be approximately 350m in size with 10m straights and 12-15m bends.

It has come about because those involved have ignore trolls and cynics and is a credit to everyone involved - council, speedway promoters, speedway authorities and fans.

Even SCB has conceded that, despite his initial (huge) scepticism, it looks like happening. So that leaves you. What purpose, other than to completely undermine the hard work and commitment shown by those involved, do you think your cynicism serves? Are you simply a sad person who takes pleasure in undermining others?

My goodness, the sport is on its knees in this country and those involved need encouragement not condemnation.

Is it too difficult to say this looks amazing and I really hope that it's as good as it looks? Because that's how I feel about it.

• Like 6

Sorry - duplicated!

Edited by Wendy