British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Just out curiosity, what is the timescale for building? I believe League racing is planned for the 2016 season, but I was wondering if the track would be usable, say for the Riders Championship in October 2015? or is 9 months to soon.

I suppose it all depends on the weather and anymore delays we may have. I'd say we won't be ready for this year

A digger as.

Let's wait till thy start digging before getting all excited

I'm not getting excited - but - I AM very pleased that the Stadium is going ahead.

Despite the doubters on here.

• Like 1

I suppose it all depends on the weather and anymore delays we may have. I'd say we won't be ready for this year

Pity, it would fill the criteria of being neutral and a grand opening event, a win, win.

If not a peter craven memorial meeting at the start of 2016 would seem an appropriate way of opening the stadium.

• Like 4

Just looked at those pics. Can't believe they got planning permission that close to housing.

• Like 1

Just looked at those pics. Can't believe they got planning permission that close to housing.

The land adjoins the existing stadium so it was not the same as applying for planning at a site with no history of motor sport and stock cars will be continuing at the old stadium. Also, it is a council project. There is a going to be a sound barrier between the track and the houses closest to the track so the noise level should be less than they suffer at the moment.

• Like 1

The land adjoins the existing stadium so it was not the same as applying for planning at a site with no history of motor sport and stock cars will be continuing at the old stadium. Also, it is a council project. There is a going to be a sound barrier between the track and the houses closest to the track so the noise level should be less than they suffer at the moment.

A very sensible precaution. It at least shows that Speedway is trying to be a good neighbour. :approve: :approve:

I hope the builders don't forget to install a 'burstable waterpipe' :wink:

yes, its scb homologated - awaiting FIM approval..

A Dorset spokesperson said it had been a drain on his time but well worth the effort and planning ahead.

• Like 1

A Dorset spokesperson said it had been a drain on his time but well worth the effort and planning ahead.

May take 45 days then.

Two systems are already approved. The Poole Mark 1, which cuts off the water supply to the showers but can only be used in play off finals and then only if Poole lose and the Poole Mark 2, which floods only a short section of the inside line and is approved for use anytime Poole wish to call off a match.

To be fair I should also mention that the Belle Vue Mark 1 system, which floods the whole track and makes racing dangerous failed to get approval when it was realised that the Poole we need the points to get to the Play offs and Belle Vue have a weakened team card overruled everything else.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Must admit I thought exactly that. Given that it is part of a greater sports complex, neighbours possible accept it as a great facility for their area. Pity more don't see it the same way.

Two systems are already approved. The Poole Mark 1, which cuts off the water supply to the showers but can only be used in play off finals and then only if Poole lose and the Poole Mark 2, which floods only a short section of the inside line and is approved for use anytime Poole wish to call off a match.

To be fair I should also mention that the Belle Vue Mark 1 system, which floods the whole track and makes racing dangerous failed to get approval when it was realised that the Poole we need the points to get to the Play offs and Belle Vue have a weakened team card overruled everything else.

The BV promotion may opt for the new hightech 'Autoburst' system. When a rider misses a flight the waterpipe automatically bursts, flooding the track. :shock:

I hope the builders don't forget to install a 'burstable waterpipe' :wink:

Hope so. You never know when a visitor might need it for a sudden urge to rehydrate.

• Like 1