British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

The whole thing was rushed through and the keys to the stadium given to a promotion that was already on the edge of bankruptcy.

Total madness.

• Like 1

AND who paid for them?

NSS is best speedway stadium in the UK, let's be content with that, and while never sustainable on just speedway gate revenue alone, with other usage and some decent sponsorship and proper management can still be a viable proposition. MCC must think so otherwise they wouldn't be pulling out all the stops for speedway to continue there.

Are they?

So what stops are they pulling out?

:unsure:

AND who paid for them?

NSS is best speedway stadium in the UK, let's be content with that, and while never sustainable on just speedway gate revenue alone, with other usage and some decent sponsorship and proper management can still be a viable proposition. MCC must think so otherwise they wouldn't be pulling out all the stops for speedway to continue there.

it is the best in the uk but you said in the world and it isn't, I hope it works out for whoever takes it on , we don't need anymore headlines like the one we have had lately , check out tarnow's new stadium Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Just been researching this story...strewth! It doesn't get any worse. Yet another nail in the coffin for speedway in this country.

Edited by steve roberts

The whole thing was rushed through and the keys to the stadium given to a promotion that was already on the edge of bankruptcy.

So this is fact then?

• Like 1

Since it was built and named the NSS should all the National Finals and Team Events not be held there.Nice venue ,superb track and let's face it anywhere with speedway in GB is not that far away nowadays with decent Rail and Transport links.That way it might attract new fans to see a major event in the sport.Instead we spread them all over as just another event.We need to promote as the NATIONAL VENUE. The BSPA need to get involved more in the venue.Sounds horrendous what has happened ,but we will never get the right story.

No. The National Speedway Stadium is just clever marketing tactic. Why should Belle Vue benefit from all those meetings at the expense of other clubs who need the revenue just as much?

• Like 3

The racing was superb all year. But like other clubs fans only come out the woodwork for play offs and bank holidays.

Then that is more than enough to 'sell' the sport to local residents. Pretty big catchment area too, so much potential. The first thing a new promotion should do is employ good marketing company that have a proven track record (excuse the pun) at reaching audiences (online and offline)... and by that I don't mean give the job to existing speedway buddies/press officers (which seems to be the case from what I can tell with British speedway).

So many great promotion ideas that I can think of (and I am not even an expert), there needs to be lots of investment in terms of time and money this coming season with marketing Belle Vue, but it could have a long term pay off for Belle Vue.

I hate to admit it, but when I was living on the south coast I would regularly see Poole being promoted.

Why should Belle Vue benefit from all those meetings at the expense of other clubs who need the revenue just as much?

Because the racing is 'out of the top drawer' and they have a track and stadium that is proven to provide great racing. Sad but true, very few other tracks provide such quality racing.

You never will get the full story mate...

Be interesting to see DG's next move...

I am sure he would have expected some considerable recompense re the opening meeting fiasco yet it does appear that the council and contractors are still working together which would suggest litigation is a long way off between them.

Maybe it has been agreed to blame BV for the opening night disaster?

The BSPA too may also have left a sour taste in his mouth. There did appear to be some jealousy that DG and just a few others had the rights to promote at the 'National Speedway Stadium' and there was almost indecent haste in disassociating themselves from the opening night. And subsequently it is clear there has been dialogue between them and MCC over the past few weeks...

DG is definitely not one for lying down and being walked over so you can imagine this has a long way to run....

Because the racing is 'out of the top drawer' and they have a track and stadium that is proven to provide great racing. Sad but true, very few other tracks provide such quality racing.

It doesn't really matter which drawer or cupboard the racing is coming out of.

Every speedway track in the country is a stand-alone business and many (the majority) are struggling to keep their heads above water.

I am not sure they would be tremendously pleased if all the meetings that can make any money are creamed off and given to any one venue irrespective of what it has chosen to call itself.

And I think that the person who tried to tell them that this was how it was going to be would, more likely than not get whacked over the head with the whole set of bloody drawers!

:t:

No. The National Speedway Stadium is just clever marketing tactic. Why should Belle Vue benefit from all those meetings at the expense of other clubs who need the revenue just as much?

Surely the revenue should be shared among clubs it all about money,just divide the profits up.Anyone that has been to to Belle Vue has to be impressed with the racing it provides. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Surely the revenue should be shared among clubs it all about money,just divide the profits up.Anyone that has been to to Belle Vue has to be I pressd with the racing it provides.

The host venue gets up to 50% of the revenue depending on the event.

The host venue gets up to 50% of the revenue depending on the event.

Surely that can be changed,The BSPA can control the finances to benefit everyone.As long as the host venue do not lose out,why should they get 50% if that's the way it works I can see why the sport is on its death bed.

Surely that can be changed,The BSPA can control the finances to benefit everyone.As long as the host venue do not lose out,why should they get 50% if that's the way it works I can see why the sport is on its death bed.

Or... we could just host the events at different tracks. Which also has the benefit of attracting more fans who live outside of the immediate Manchester area.

• Like 1

Or... we could just host the events at different tracks. Which also has the benefit of attracting more fans who live outside of the immediate Manchester area.

I give in,it was only a suggestion !

I'M sure you can work it out if you really tried.

Maybe it's to deflect the conversation from the job in hand re Belle Vue and begin a debate about the Olympic stadium and the West Ham connection.

You're right you can work it out if you really try.