British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Regarding the opening meeting abandonment and subsequent financial consequences, it occurs to me that the meeting could just have easily been rained off.

What would the difference have been?

Well it could have been quickly rearranged or they could have moved on to meeting number two, both less damaging compared to what did happen.

• Like 2

Regarding the opening meeting abandonment and subsequent financial consequences, it occurs to me that the meeting could just have easily been rained off.

What would the difference have been?

People expect natural things like rainoffs, but it's different when negligence and cover ups are expected to be accepted.

• Like 4

He also owns a blinds business and installed the blinds at the NSS so it's probably to do with that.

But again it doesn't surprise me if zagar dIddnt even have to pay for his mechanic and all he had to do is show Up and ride his bike for allegedly 3k per meeting

£1000 per point? :wink:

The are several clubs owed a lot more than that for payments from Belle Vue owed for visits there. But then again there are three other clubs that haven't been paying away points which sets up cash flow problems for the others. The sport is awash with debt.

I feel terribly sorry for Chris Morton. He is a good genuine bloke and doesn't deserve what's happened to him.

Likewise..

I was told a while ago that the name of National Speedway Stadium is just a name given to the place by its creators and is not any official endorsement of its status.

This seemed more than a bit strange to me, as from my albeit limited knowledge, the place is supposed to be multi-function venue,funded by Manchester City Council! It can't help when trying to market it to other sports and event organisers. Why could it not have been called The Peter Craven Arena (or similar)- with stands named after Peter Collins and Ivan Mauger? Clearly the place needs to get a main sponsor as well.

It all stinks of poor management by Manchester City Council

I was told a while ago that the name of National Speedway Stadium is just a name given to the place by its creators and is not any official endorsement of its status.

This seemed more than a bit strange to me, as from my albeit limited knowledge, the place is supposed to be multi-function venue,funded by Manchester City Council! It can't help when trying to market it to other sports and event organisers. Why could it not have been called The Peter Craven Arena (or similar)- with stands named after Peter Collins and Ivan Mauger? Clearly the place needs to get a main sponsor as well.

It all stinks of poor management by Manchester City Council

If it wasn't for the council there wouldn't be any speedway next season and the stadium wouldn't have been built in the first place.

• Like 6

If it wasn't for the council there wouldn't be any speedway next season and the stadium wouldn't have been built in the first place.

Very true - and the new Stadium looks like a vast improvement on Kirky Lane.

• Like 2

When do they expect all of the development and building costs to have been recouped by incomes?

Adding my 2p's worth: obviously a big shame how things have turned out for Belle Vue, But Morton & Co did so blooming well getting the stadium built in the first place. To get a flavour of how (so slowly) these matters move (if at all): identify an area of apparently empty land then apporoach your local, hopefully friendly, councellor to ask about putting in a speedway track, informing him / her you already have funds available. Then see where you are 5, then 10 years later :wink: .

Hope things get sorted at the NSS soon....

Edited by Martin Mauger
  • Like 1

Everything seems to have gone a bit quiet on the NSS front.

Has anyone heard anything definite on whether they have found someone to take the lease on?

Perhaps, they need to get any potential new leaseholders very carefully vetted by Manchester City Council's legal/financial bods.

Obviously, it would be nice to hear something about any new leaseholders before Christmas but I suppose the City council have to extra cautious after the problems with the previous tenants.

Hopefully, with a new lease in place, Belle Vue Aces can start making some plans for 2017.

Fingers crossed.

Everything seems to have gone a bit quiet on the NSS front.

Has anyone heard anything definite on whether they have found someone to take the lease on?

Perhaps, they need to get any potential new leaseholders very carefully vetted by Manchester City Council's legal/financial bods.

Obviously, it would be nice to hear something about any new leaseholders before Christmas but I suppose the City council have to extra cautious after the problems with the previous tenants.

Hopefully, with a new lease in place, Belle Vue Aces can start making some plans for 2017.

Fingers crossed.

The chairman says that progress is being made, both at Belle Vue and Leicester.

The chairman says that progress is being made, both at Belle Vue and Leicester.

Okikoki.

Do me a favour, foamfence, put me a link up to the chairman's statement about the progress that is being made.

Ta muchly

Okikoki.

Do me a favour, foamfence, put me a link up to the chairman's statement about the progress that is being made.

Ta muchly

Can't remember where but it was in the last few days.....And I'm not a liar!

..............or if foamfence has gone for a bit of a lie down, perhaps someone else would be kind enough to give me a link?

Thanks

Can't remember where but it was in the last few days.....And I'm not a liar!

Good grief!

I was not aware that anyone had suggested that you were a liar.

I have always regarded you as an honourable person.