British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greyhoundp

Perry To Plymouth

James Shames will have a hard few days coming up for the Demons in the NL, so I would not expect him to figure in the PL side in the next few weeks.

Edited by Devildodger

Well weather permitting you will be able to see Tom at Plymouth next saturday, judge for yourselves.. i guess sods law will come into play, and he will have problems of some kind. :wink: but whatever it will be his first competitive meeting since he broke his collar bone guesting for Ipswich in the Pl.

Well weather permitting you will be able to see Tom at Plymouth next saturday, judge for yourselves.. i guess sods law will come into play, and he will have problems of some kind. :wink: but whatever it will be his first competitive meeting since he broke his collar bone guesting for Ipswich in the Pl.

Supposed to be riding for Leicester Cubs tomorrow

Erm...not sure how you worked that out! Perry is easily out performing Matt at NL level!

My bad, didn't realise he hadn't got a new average yet!

• Like 1

It turns out Roland Benko broke a shoulder blade not a collarbone, he is back in the UK and will be using the medical facilities at the University of St Mark and St John to assist his recovery

Tom Perry could become the next reserve victim at newcastle.

Good to hear at the Demons meeting today, that both Roland Benko and Kalle will be back for the Somerset meeting on Saturday.

Tom was a little unlucky yesterday, but i can see why you would prefer to keep James Shanes as reserve for the devils, Tom did score 5 guesting for Glasgow today, which was his first ever look at the track. Still think he can do a job for someone in the PL.

so is Perry signing for Plymouth...... that's the question.

Tom was a little unlucky yesterday, but i can see why you would prefer to keep James Shanes as reserve for the devils, Tom did score 5 guesting for Glasgow today, which was his first ever look at the track. Still think he can do a job for someone in the PL.

Looked very good at Glasgow today . Gated well , won heat 2 comfortably against Jason Bunyan , definitely would do a job in the PL
  • Like 1

Was impressed with Tom Perry today at Glasgow, never been here before and scored 5 points with a win in heat 2 ,and on the pace in the rest of his rides, will do okay in Premier League

so is Perry signing for Plymouth...... that's the question.

Doesnt look like it, but the point Of the post was Tom IS available Plymouth needed someone and i suggested him, Tom rode as a guest yesterday for Glasgow, his 1st look at the Track, and scored 5 points. There are Teams around the country who Tom could do a job for, I dont understand why he has NOT got a Team place, yet riders from afar struggle to get points. Tom wont get you double figures, but he will give 110%, and pick up those sometimes vital 3/4,s.

I wasn't impressed with him on Sat at the SBA. At reserve he should have done a lot better.

Agreed, up to a point, he won his first easily, was chasing hard for 2nd place in his second ride, when he got badly baulked by the falling Matt Bates he had no chance after that in that race, in his third ride again he was chasing when he hit a hole going in to turn 3 and fell, and he won his last race as to be expected. so to summarise, two easy wins, an unlucky third, and his other fall to be honest he would have easily took 3rd in front of Stoneman so he would have scored 8+2 for his first meeting back from a month away with injury. Included in the riders that beat him, or would have were his own No1, the Demons No1, and the Demons best rider on the day, so lots of positives, and consolidated up at Glasgow with 5, and good reports from people who saw him ride, Tom always gives 100%, never gives up, and when he is on form everyone hopes he doesnt gate, because he loves winding it on and is great to watch from the back, like i said a more than useful 4/5 points a meeting rider.

Agreed, up to a point, he won his first easily, was chasing hard for 2nd place in his second ride, when he got badly baulked by the falling Matt Bates he had no chance after that in that race, in his third ride again he was chasing when he hit a hole going in to turn 3 and fell, and he won his last race as to be expected. so to summarise, two easy wins, an unlucky third, and his other fall to be honest he would have easily took 3rd in front of Stoneman so he would have scored 8+2 for his first meeting back from a month away with injury. Included in the riders that beat him, or would have were his own No1, the Demons No1, and the Demons best rider on the day, so lots of positives, and consolidated up at Glasgow with 5, and good reports from people who saw him ride, Tom always gives 100%, never gives up, and when he is on form everyone hopes he doesnt gate, because he loves winding it on and is great to watch from the back, like i said a more than useful 4/5 points a meeting rider.

I agree, but I would rather stick with Roland Benko at reserve, it would be a bit silly of the club to bin him after him riding in the main body of the team for two months, then when he goes to reserve, bringing in another rider, when the overall plan was for him to ride at reserve, when he got his cma.

Edited by Devildodger
  • Like 1