British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hans fan

Peterborough V Ipswich Tues 10/06/14

If you choose to sit in the stand though you don't get the option not to stand up unless you're a real arse. It's only those elsewhere who can ignore it and get on with their business as per usual. As they've done away with the bikes at the start presentation I thinks it reasonable for all riders and management etc to assemble at pit gate to observe the anthem with everyone else just so we can see that we're all in this together! Personally it's easier to lose the tape and get on with the efficient running of the meeting, who'd notice?

I don't see what the big deal is . At the ice hockey during the winter they play the national anthem ( okay different to yours ) before every match . Everybody stands up for a minute or two and then sits down again without any fuss .

I think for me the " YOU HAVE TWO MINUTES! " message before every race is far more irritating than the National Anthem. I find It really grinding.

• Like 2

I don't see what the big deal is . At the ice hockey during the winter they play the national anthem ( okay different to yours ) before every match . Everybody stands up for a minute or two and then sits down again without any fuss .

And ice-hockey is where it should stay until it's a BSPA edict that all tracks partake in the celebration. I think that you need to have been following the reasoning before you understand a bit more what the deal is.

And ice-hockey is where it should stay until it's a BSPA edict that all tracks partake in the celebration. I think that you need to have been following the reasoning before you understand a bit more what the deal is.

You are right , i don't know the reasons behind it . Is it a new thing cause i was at Peterborough the night you tonked Coventry 70-20 last August and i don't remember the national anthem being played that night .

You are right , i don't know the reasons behind it . Is it a new thing cause i was at Peterborough the night you tonked Coventry 70-20 last August and i don't remember the national anthem being played that night .

it wasn't! :t:

• Like 1

Tempted to travel up for this tonight. But just wary on the rain forecast for later. Also on how Worrall and Tungate will go after their long trips back from Germany?

That's perhaps where they got the idea from then. I think Neil goes to Ice Hockey matches. :wink:

......Crump99.......... If you choose to sit in the stand though you don't get the option not to stand up unless you're a real arse.

Don't see why not as it's no different to sitting on a chair on the terraces so I guess that would make me a 'real arse.' :P Once we've given the dogs a run around on the grass before the meeting and they've setted down on their blankets under the seats I'm not getting up again. Perhaps it's just as well since Peterborough have dropped down from the E.L. that I've not been to the Showground as I would be a complete embarrassment to those around me. :lol:

• Like 1

Well it was done once I believe but nobody can actually remember when. You'd have had Black Eyed-Peas as the intro, Darren Fletcher probably doing the at the start rider introductions and then swiftly on with heat 1.

If you choose to sit in the stand though you don't get the option not to stand up unless you're a real arse.

I always stand throughout the whole meeting ...

Else I cannot read your programme over your shoulder! :t:

• Like 2

I always stand throughout the whole meeting ...

Else I cannot read your programme over your shoulder! :t:

How long's that been going on? I've been trying to find the source of the smell for ages :D

• Like 1

How long's that been going on? I've been trying to find the source of the smell for ages :D

Yeah I should have used the urinals I guess!! :D

ippo will find it tough against the best top 5 in the pl, (yea,righto)panthers exit stage right.

Edited by jenga

ippo will find it tough against the best top 5 in the pl, (yea,righto)panthers exit stage right.

You will see tonight why the Panthers have the best Top 5.

• Like 1