British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sophies Mate

Which Clubs Allow Fans Into The Pits?

Whilst ive not been to many away tracks, the ones I have been to the fans have not been allowed in the pits either before or after the meeting. Where as at Arlington this is allowed think its a good thing for the fans to have the chance to meet the riders and even during the meeting they are able to view whats going on in the pits which I believe adds to the experience. I do appreciate that some riders may not like this before a meeting when they are trying to prepare and focus on the job in hand but would be interested to know how many tracks allow this and if other fans like being able to do this?

Poole allow pits access, I think it's 6.30 to 7.00 before the meeting.

Whilst ive not been to many away tracks, the ones I have been to the fans have not been allowed in the pits either before or after the meeting. Where as at Arlington this is allowed think its a good thing for the fans to have the chance to meet the riders and even during the meeting they are able to view whats going on in the pits which I believe adds to the experience. I do appreciate that some riders may not like this before a meeting when they are trying to prepare and focus on the job in hand but would be interested to know how many tracks allow this and if other fans like being able to do this?

The Lakeside pits are open to the public until around 30 min before the start then have to be cleared for safety reasons.

Likewise Brum is if you get down early enough but deffo shut after 7.

Swindon do from 6.30 to 7 and after the meeting, about 15 mins after last heat or practice, apart from when sky are there.

Edited by A ORLOV

Coventry pits have a viewing area open prior to the meeting.

• Like 1

That is one area that Leicester struggle. I think it is because the area is so small. It wouldn't do to have loads of people wondering through. Although the surrounding area is quite big. I think they could possibly do with a gantry like they have at Cov but probably more important priorities. It's a shame cos we have a lot of youngsters.

• Like 1

Coventry is brilliant for pit viewing I love going there the kids we take love watching the pits it helps in between races to stop them getting bored...

• Like 2

Newcastle until about 6 (Just after the bikes start to get warmed up) in a 'viewing area.' Once ALL racing (inc. any second half) is completed they can then usually come into the pits.