British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
northyorksbear

Redcar V Rye House 19th June - Off

Redcar twitter is reporting this meeting is now postponed due to clash with England v Uruguay world cup match - no new date as yet

Why didn't they just postpone the England game for those watching Redcar to be able to see it?

Professional sport my backside!

Genuine reasons for calling a meeting off now include, it might rain in a couple of days, there's a football match next week, we've got a burst pipe, the generator isn't working, and people wonder why it's treated as a joke sport.

British speedway is dying on it's arse.

What a joke, football fixtures been known for ages, Redcar must be in a time warp

Team changes must be imminent at Redcar. I tried to book the Thursday off to go, but no slots available. Lucky me!!

Would have been financial suicide to run against an England World Cup match so have no problem with the call off - more worrying is that was scheduled in the first place!

Edited to add that it should probably have been called > 10 days beforehand though.

Edited by boz

surely with some foresight they could have scheduled this for one of the blank thursdays they seem to have had already?

Edited by Mike.Butler

wht oh why can the bspa and fifa get together over a cup of tea to sort out this fixture clash. i would have gone to watch the england team in brazil. but didnt go because i thought england would call off because redcar were running a speedway meeting against rye house.. have it on good authority that wilko and laws were planning a footy night out in the pub.lol.

Well I have booked two days off for Redcar and Edinburgh. Hotel for the night in Redcar and Edinburgh then the journey home on the Saturday for Rye House. Okay I can cancel the hotels, but not my leave at work. I'm fumming Silver has agreed to cancel this, surely he had a say in the matter? Redcar should have canceled as soon as the England fixture was released. I'm really becoming totally cheesed of with speedway. I'm so unhappy with the way Rye House is being run and this just about tops it for me. Edinburgh for a one off, no thanks. Right now I really feel like walking away from Rye House and speedway in general. But I have said this before and still go to Rye, but this just may have been the straw that broke the camels bacl!

What a joke, football fixtures been known for ages, Redcar must be in a time warp

Everything about the Promotion is in a time warp. They are clueless.

Agree with some of the comments above. Why wasn't this fixture moved when the football fixtures were known? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the World Cup draw made BEFORE the speedway fixtures were announced? They've had months to rearrange this

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 3

Agree with some of the comments above. Why wasn't this fixture moved when the football fixtures were known? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the World Cup draw made BEFORE the speedway fixtures were announced? They've had months to rearrange this

That's what I thought, shouldn't have been organised for this date in the first place. Feel for those that have planned to go up and can't travel now or will be a meeting short.

Well I have booked two days off for Redcar and Edinburgh. Hotel for the night in Redcar and Edinburgh then the journey home on the Saturday for Rye House. Okay I can cancel the hotels, but not my leave at work. I'm fumming Silver has agreed to cancel this, surely he had a say in the matter? Redcar should have canceled as soon as the England fixture was released. I'm really becoming totally cheesed of with speedway. I'm so unhappy with the way Rye House is being run and this just about tops it for me. Edinburgh for a one off, no thanks. Right now I really feel like walking away from Rye House and speedway in general. But I have said this before and still go to Rye, but this just may have been the straw that broke the camels bacl!

Promoters by in large don't give a monkeys about their supporters, just as long as you hand over your money and they are happy. The World Cup draw was weeks ago, fixtures and venues were sorted out soon after.

Feeling your pain.

Redcar v Rye House, live.... England v whomever it is, live or..... watching paint dry?? yep, third option get's my vote!!! :D

That's what I thought, shouldn't have been organised for this date in the first place. Feel for those that have planned to go up and can't travel now or will be a meeting short.

The World Cup fixtures were known the same night as the draw was made on 6th December 2013.

No excuses. This is shoddy (to be kind) by Redcar.

Then you wonder why crowds are falling.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1