British Speedway Forum
tocha

Coventry V Poole Friday 20th June.

I think looking at the teams, easy wine for Coventry!

If theres any left I'll probably have some of that 'sour grape' stuff!! :D:wink:

• Like 2

Very true. Josh fit to race so Poole have 2 riders missing.

Magic is shocking at Brandon. Nermark and Simon both ride very well at Coventry so capable of being good guests.

Coventry also have 3 riders missing with one being our star reserve. Anybody who watched the British Final can see what a big loss he is.

Think this could be close

Summers is pretty good at Brandon so not much to worry about there and your reserves are still stronger than ours even without Garrity.

Why would average riders like Hans and Bomber miss out on a payday to ride in a practice for an event they have no chance of qualifying for next season? Very sensible IMO rather than loyal!

And as for Bomber in the GPs there is zero chance he would be missing practice and riding for Coventry if he had any hope of making the top 8.

So if they sensible, what are the likes of Bjerre, Bridger & Klindt ? They too have no chance of qualfying for GP's next season, but have chosen NOT to ride for their clubs tonight.

• Like 6

Josh Grajczonek will line-up for the Pirates tonight.

Yippee, as long as he doesn't pull out after one race, hope he is fully fit.

Slightly apprehensive.

Hate losing to Poole though....

I'm always nervous when we race the enemy, you're not alone! ;)

Usually Poole riders are nervous too but thankfully you dumped Fisher!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

It's disappointing that Poole have to race without both Poles coming on the back of Belle Vue without Zagar and Cook. I wan't to see us in the playoffs and am very grateful for what Mick Horton has done this year but don't see why this couldn't have been brought forward 24 hours. Kings Lynn seem to flit between Wed. and Thurs. I'd prefer Thursday's full stop due to doubling up and overseas commitments. I didn't go to Belle Vue last week or to the Swindon and Wolves fixtures last year. And before anyone says that crowds were bad in 2004, it might have had something to do with the dreadful team that year the worst since 1974 IMO! As regards the match, I agree with opinion about Janowski and given no Garrity the absenses just about even out. If the track is as good as for the Wolves match I'd take Bees by 6 - 8. A bit of hedging there as not sure whether we can get all three points. Interestingly when comparing away points won to home points dropped, despite our form being poor enough to be able to fit in MJJ we are running second to Kings Lynn ahead even of Lakeside!

Edited by tiberon

Mmmmmm......the promoters are doing a good job this week keeping the line up secret so it looks like I'll have quite a bit of writing to do tonight. Even Poole are in on the act with the teams listed in alphabetical order and nothing on the Updates site as yet. :neutral:

If anyone cracks the code before 6.30pm please let me know. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

Still looking for a texter for this meeting, is anyone able to help please?

Thanks

We owe you one for that miscarriage of justice a few weeks ago :wink::P

Chris Holder big get off in Denmark tonight, Ambulance called.

Seeing as its Poole related.