British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sun June 16th At 5pm

Unfortunate to be victims of the weather home and away when this tie should've taken place. The line ups would've looked very different and I'd stick my neck out to say we'd have comfortably progressed into the next round where we would now be discussing our anialation at Newcastle.

Edited by Shadders

Unfortunate to be victims of the weather home and away when this tie should've taken place. The line ups would've looked very different and I'd stick my neck out to say we'd have comfortably progressed into the next round where we would now be discussing our annilation at Newcastle.

haha good point! :t:

Unfortunate to be victims of the weather home and away when this tie should've taken place. The line ups would've looked very different and I'd stick my neck out to say we'd have comfortably progressed into the next round where we would now be discussing our anialation at Newcastle.

Aye well , speedway is full of what ifs
  • Like 2

Doesn't help when the Frenchman goes grasstracking, then we end up with two NL riders, and still take it to a last heat decider, Tigers end up with Compton and Palm tree at reserve, about time we signed another reserve.

Rockets guests scored 5 from 13 races over the two legs, that's the reason plain and simple.

Actually it was Tom Perry and PalmToft Tigers had at reserve. You would have thought MPT would be a masterstroke but with bike problems that turned out not to be the case and in fairness I think even he would say he was a disappointment. Tom Perry on the other hand was a refreshing surprise and thoroughly deserves his chance in the PL. Great attitude, rode well, never gave up and looked pretty stylish. He was without doubt our 'star' of the guests for me

Been saying for years that parade should be ditched, half the crowd usually keep talking through it anyway. Though yesterday it did help those queueing outside at 5pm to see ht1, only 1 gate open!

My bugbear about the parade is shared by a few - they can have a 2 hour parade for all I care - just start the racing at the stated time! People who want to see the parade can, people who dont can arrive at (usually) 3pm to see the riders coming to tapes for heat 1.

Wonder why there was only one gate open at 5pm - there were a couple open when I came in, do they tend to shut one gate near start time? Seems a bit strange if they do but you never know in speedway

great choice of guest Uncle Len....! :t:

Dan000 Philips

nice one! :o

Bit harsh on the guy. He came and gave his all. okay maybe too soon for him but he never stopped battling. I think Shadders point here is a lot more valid tbh

My bugbear about the parade is shared by a few - they can have a 2 hour parade for all I care - just start the racing at the stated time! People who want to see the parade can, people who dont can arrive at (usually) 3pm to see the riders coming to tapes for heat 1.

Wonder why there was only one gate open at 5pm

Strange . There was a big queue when i came out of the Ashfield Bar at 4-30 , but went up to the other gate which was open

I came in at the same time as you Paul, if not a wee bit after you - as I said in the bit of my quote you cut out there were 2 open then but MD has pointed out there was only 1 at start time and I wondered if that happened all the time as I am never that late!

I came in at the same time as you Paul, if not a wee bit after you - as I said in the bit of my quote you cut out there were 2 open then but MD has pointed out there was only 1 at start time and I wondered if that happened all the time as I am never that late!

Yeah sorry about the quoting , had one eye on the speedway on the telly when i was deleting the last piece of your post which wasn't about the gates . And i deleted too much and never noticed

How very dare you :P Right thats it, bend over for a slap next Sunday lol (that'll make you run! ;)

How very dare you :P Right thats it, bend over for a slap next Sunday lol (that'll make you run! ;)

Maybe

I'm usually running late, arriving within 5 mins of the start time and its a regular occurence that the gate closest to the pits is closed.

Was that the 3 lap GP woman?

Dead heat in a Zepplin race.