British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sun June 16th At 5pm

Not to bad a meeting and as said before not much passing all meeting but riders all close. Why was the track so dry and dusty? There wasnt any rain forecast was there?

There was no rain forecast yesterday but it chucked it down most of the afternoon.

There was no rain forecast yesterday but it chucked it down most of the afternoon.

Ah right just seemed odd so dry early on.

Another thing and heard a few comment about it. Is the suit one of the start marshals wear really needed? Looks tacky and well im sure some of the kids in the stadium dont want to be see whats on show,

Quite an enjoyable afternoon . Wolbert at last looked like a proper number 1 today , unlucky when he shed a chain challenging Boxall during heat 10 , but was superb in his 4 race wins .

Great back up from Rusty and Theo . Mediocre meeting from Anders , but he still produced a vital win in heat 12 when needed . Christian was steady and i was impressed by Tom Perry . Good gater and not off the pace in any of his races .

Boxall was the best of the Rockets , Kennett and Bunyan worked hard for their points , Garrity was average and the other three were poor .

Nice to win a cup tie for a change , gets much harder now though

I dont fully agree with you for once! It was enjoyable from the point of view we got the result but the entertainment value was far better last week - too many heats decided out of bend 2.

Was great to see Wolbert hit the form he is capable of - I honestly feel if his chain hadnt gone he would have got the maximum. You could see the relief off his face in the pits. Rusty too was superb, for me he is proving to be the signing of the season so far, he has surely well exceeded expectations. Like you I was impressed by Tom Perry.

re the Rockets, I am not a Kennett fan but I have to say he was good value today and never stopped trying all over the track for somewhere to get past. Boxall, yeah Rockets best man. I said before the meeting that Bowen seemed to dislike Ashfield and it looked that way a bit again today. Garrity really disappointed me - what have you done to him? He looked lack lustre and yet he was always a controversial on the edge racer when he has been here before.

Not to bad a meeting and as said before not much passing all meeting but riders all close. Why was the track so dry and dusty? There wasnt any rain forecast was there?

In fairness it was very very humid. Heats 3 and 4 were a dustbowl but they came out and gave the track a good soaking and then came out more often than normal afterwards and did a good job of minimising it so although I've been winding the track curator for the day up elsewhere, in fairness I thought they did a pretty good job of keeping it down

Another thing and heard a few comment about it. Is the suit one of the start marshals wear really needed? Looks tacky and well im sure some of the kids in the stadium dont want to be see whats on show,

Was that the 3 lap GP woman?

• Like 1

Was that the 3 lap GP woman?

Spot on.

• Like 1

No, that's why they didn't water it. ;):cheers:

• Like 1

I think after yesterday we should bin those long , drawn out parades at the start of the meeting . Disrespectful or not , and i know Rye House received an official warning ( whatever that means ) , but the Rye House riders had obviously just about lost the will to live as the thing dragged on and on . We then had the farcical sight of Rye House riders doing their practice laps while the Glasgow team is being introduced to the crowd .

We actually found that pretty amusing though .

Do what they do at Edinburgh , riders come out on their bikes two at a time , get introduced and wave to the crowd and the whole thing is over in 5 minutes and then the racing commences .

Standing about bored for 20 minutes while the riders get introduced to a load of pensioners in the main stand doesn't bring a lot to the afternoon's entertainment .

• Like 3

The long drawn out parade was even worse for us, as being total tools, we rocked up to Ashfield at half two. Doh.

Enjoyed the meeting though. Hopefully Wolbert can kick on from here.

A good, solid team performance. What more can you want.

It was a long day though. What was the reason for the later start time?

Think both sides just wanted an extra bit of time after the meeting at Rye House the previous evening

City Rebel, I may be daft, but I ain't stupid!

Not surprised and only mildly disappointed. Season is over in early June. If Silver mentions a surge for the play offs in gonna scream!!

Massive gamble on this team has failed big time, now watch crowd levels plummet.

Doesn't help when the Frenchman goes grasstracking, then we end up with two NL riders, and still take it to a last heat decider, Tigers end up with Compton and Palm tree at reserve, about time we signed another reserve.

Rockets guests scored 5 from 13 races over the two legs, that's the reason plain and simple.

Edited by Lord Skid

I think after yesterday we should bin those long , drawn out parades at the start of the meeting . Disrespectful or not , and i know Rye House received an official warning ( whatever that means ) , but the Rye House riders had obviously just about lost the will to live as the thing dragged on and on . We then had the farcical sight of Rye House riders doing their practice laps while the Glasgow team is being introduced to the crowd .

We actually found that pretty amusing though .

Do what they do at Edinburgh , riders come out on their bikes two at a time , get introduced and wave to the crowd and the whole thing is over in 5 minutes and then the racing commences .

Standing about bored for 20 minutes while the riders get introduced to a load of pensioners in the main stand doesn't bring a lot to the afternoon's entertainment .

Been saying for years that parade should be ditched, half the crowd usually keep talking through it anyway. Though yesterday it did help those queueing outside at 5pm to see ht1, only 1 gate open!

great choice of guest Uncle Len....! :t:

Dan000 Philips

nice one! :o

Not the guys fault he's nowhere near PL class. Choices severely limited due to the NL Pairs at Mildenhall I suspect. The real reason we're out is due to Tres's absence. Edited by Shadders

Not the guys fault he's nowhere near PL class. Choices severely limited due to the NL Pairs at Mildenhall I suspect. The real reason we're out is due to Tres's absence.

Makes a farce of the whole competition mate...... ..

a bit like British speedway in general to be honest mate