British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces - Wed 18 June

The meeting last night was dis-jointed but if you can’t see down the home straight because of the sun there’s not much you can do?!? Better to have a sun delay than a rain off so you’ll not find me whinging.

Nice of Buster to hold his hands up about the track, what a genuine and humble man he is.

As for the racing, I was v. worried after 6 heats with the Aces taking 3 heat advantages including versus Rory and Kenneth. However, Iversen sorted out his bike gremlins and then looked majestic, and you can’t help but be impressed with Porsing and Lambert – so much for weak second strings?!?!

I was looking forward to 3 Iversen v Zagar contest but in the end I didn’t get 1 due to combination of bike problems and attitude problems.

Nice to see Cookie ride better at the Norfolk Arena, maybe gating well enough to get into Team GB.

Cannot figure BV out, they look strong on paper but it just doesn’t seem to translate into EL points.

Funnily everyone is pleased with Iversen's move on Cook in heat 15 where Iversen forced his way past with elbows then flicked his rear wheel into the side of Cook and shoved him out the way (more Pedersen like than anything Cook done) (+ I'm ok with that by the way). It was almost identical to the move Pedersen pulled on Zagar in the GP at the weekend. Very very very hard, again though no complaints from the riders.

Never read such rubbish in my life. After a statement like that, I question do you actually see the races. To compare the two instances of, 1, Niels pass on Cook and 2, Pedersen attempt on Zagar is like comparing chalk with cheese.

I don't know where you were viewing from, but from the Royal Box, we had a perfect view. Niels, having missed the gate and powered into second position, comes into 3rd bend , behind Cooke, on an outside run. Half way round the corner, he straightening up and drives to the inside of Cooke, who was drifting wide, thinking Niels was coming round him, Niels takes the lead entering the finishing straight . Never were they that close. There was plenty of room and here was no touching at any time.

How that compares with Pedersen barging into Zagar entering the 3rd bend is beyond me.

• Like 2

And since when has copying Nicki P been a good thing??! Is that what GB need? :o

A rider that, despite not being the most naturally talented in the world, and being told he'd never make it, has grafted his way to the top of his profession, been one of the most consistent riders of the last 10+ years, and won 3 world titles?

Is that what Great Britain needs?

• Like 2

A rider that, despite not being the most naturally talented in the world, and being told he'd never make it, has grafted his way to the top of his profession, been one of the most consistent riders of the last 10+ years, and won 3 world titles?

Don't be silly! We are a nation of glorious failure with a natural affection to the underdogs. You only have to look at the stick Woofy has been getting recently to see how we treat winners.

Such a nonsense. Probably fuelled by our pantomime media where everyone is either a 'goodie' or a 'baddie'.

Never mind all this Speedway Stuff... For tonight, and tonight only Lets hear it for England...ENGERLAND.

Never read such rubbish in my life. After a statement like that, I question do you actually see the races. To compare the two instances of, 1, Niels pass on Cook and 2, Pedersen attempt on Zagar is like comparing chalk with cheese.

I don't know where you were viewing from, but from the Royal Box, we had a perfect view. Niels, having missed the gate and powered into second position, comes into 3rd bend , behind Cooke, on an outside run. Half way round the corner, he straightening up and drives to the inside of Cooke, who was drifting wide, thinking Niels was coming round him, Niels takes the lead entering the finishing straight . Never were they that close. There was plenty of room and here was no touching at any time.

How that compares with Pedersen barging into Zagar entering the 3rd bend is beyond me.

Clearly your view wasn't that good then as Iversen DID 100% bang Cook out the way on turn 3. I stand on the back straight so the absolute perfect view thanks

With that reputation no!

I use to stand there because people we use to mix with was always there. Close the to that bar, and refreshment, toilet close as well. It wasn't until we moved we realised just how little you could see. People , pillars, were always in the way, you never had a good view. I'm 6ft. plus and still I had to stretch on tee-toe to see them whizz by. Since then I've stood on all 4 bends and can appreciate why people view from there. But without doubt the best view in the house is from the Royal Box. You see it all from an advantage point.

In situations like this, I will wait and purchase the video recording of the meeting just to satisfy my own integrity. But knowing now where you were standing I can understand your perception....

Just one other thing. Niels is the ultimate professional, a true gentleman, with no enemies. He rides hard, but always fair. Can that be said about Pedersen????

With that reputation no!

His reputation is irrelevant. He takes no prisoners, oversteps the mark occasionally, and usually gets excluded.

The sport is knackered when he packs it in, since the others (excluding Smolinski) have the charisma of an old shoe!

Speedway, thankfully, is a contact sport, and long may it remain so. The likes of Briggs, Mauger, Olsen, Nielsen, Penhall all dished out a bit of the real hard stuff on World Final night.

People need to sit back and enjoy and stop being so shocked and appalled at everything they see.

• Like 1

Speedway is a tough sport and hope it remains so. Personally did see anything wrong in any of the moves last night, just hard committed riding. The only problem last night was that there wasn't enough of it. Too many FTG's and drawn out races.

Easily the worst meeting I've seen for many a moon. The crowd seemed very subdued from the very start so no atmosphere. As others have said, long delays, re-starts etc just made the whole meeting a drag. Be a hard sell to get any newcomer to come back after that.

Thankfully a couple of races near the end livened things up a bit and of course another three points on the board.

Hopefully the Eastbourne match will get the bloody pumping for all the right reasons.

As for Zagar, now I'd hate to be cynical but in 9 races at Lynn this season, he's made the gate in 6 and won them. In the 3 he's missed the gate in, he's retired whilst last. Either he's very unfortunate, has poor standard equipment or is a sulking tart :wink:

Edited by Speedball

Just one other thing. Niels is the ultimate professional, a true gentleman, with no enemies. He rides hard, but always fair. Can that be said about Pedersen????

Not it cant but 3 x world Champ can be said..PUK is good and i like him,but he will never be 3 x WC!!

The meeting last night was dis-jointed but if you can’t see down the home straight because of the sun there’s not much you can do?!? Better to have a sun delay than a rain off so you’ll not find me whinging.
Nice of Buster to hold his hands up about the track, what a genuine and humble man he is.
As for the racing, I was v. worried after 6 heats with the Aces taking 3 heat advantages including versus Rory and Kenneth. However, Iversen sorted out his bike gremlins and then looked majestic, and you can’t help but be impressed with Porsing and Lambert – so much for weak second strings?!?!
I was looking forward to 3 Iversen v Zagar contest but in the end I didn’t get 1 due to combination of bike problems and attitude problems.
Nice to see Cookie ride better at the Norfolk Arena, maybe gating well enough to get into Team GB.
Cannot figure BV out, they look strong on paper but it just doesn’t seem to translate into EL points.

Dis-jointed is an understatement, in these modern times there surely must be a system where riders can wear goggles that have tinted or some kind of reactor light lenses, to have a decent size crowd on two separate occasions last night sitting waiting for the sun to go down isn't great, and I am fully aware of rider safety being priority. Not sure what the answer is.

The meeting itself was largely from the gate though the meeting was decent enough, Belle Vue looked well in the meeting, in fact even at the end of Ht10 they looked they could a point. That effort wasn't helped when their No1retired from his last two riders, especially after looking so good in his first two.

The world no3 passing a couple of PL boys, wow!

Lol they're PL boys now? And there I was thinking they're GB's next big thing(s) :rofl:

Anyway it wasn't particularly WHO he passed but the manner in which he did it. Having said that Cook's talent is trapping and going fast so he's rarely passed, but Niels made it look easy.

Don't get me wrong - I've always been a fan of Nicki P :t:

I just thought it was amusing that Cook was being praised for being 'Pedersen-esque' when the majority of ppl are usually condemning Nicki for his every move. Hypocritical n'est-ce pas? :wink:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Dis-jointed is an understatement, in these modern times there surely must be a system where riders can wear goggles that have tinted or some kind of reactor light lenses, to have a decent size crowd on two separate occasions last night sitting waiting for the sun to go down isn't great, and I am fully aware of rider safety being priority. Not sure what the answer is.

The meeting itself was largely from the gate though the meeting was decent enough, Belle Vue looked well in the meeting, in fact even at the end of Ht10 they looked they could ###### a point. That effort wasn't helped when their No1retired from his last two riders, especially after looking so good in his first two.

Those lenses would need to react pretty quickly!!!

I'm still in favour of 2 hot air balloons with a giant tarpaulin hanging down between them. Said tarpaulin could also be branded and would be an excellent sponsorship opportunity : )

• Like 1