British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pointsmeanplayoffs

King's Lynn Stars V Belle Vue Aces - Wed 18 June

With the issue of the sun, I wonder if Sky has been there whether there would have been that kind of delay ?

I dont ever recall the sun being an issue at Saddlebow back in the 70's and 80's. Has the Kings Lynn landscape changed that much ?

Edited by semion

Those lenses would need to react pretty quickly!!!

I'm still in favour of 2 hot air balloons with a giant tarpaulin hanging down between them. Said tarpaulin could also be branded and would be an excellent sponsorship opportunity : )

Get the shirt off the centre green presenter, that should cover it, first time I`ve ever heard a presenter appealing for sweeties. :o

Anyway it wasn't particularly WHO he passed but the manner in which he did it. Having said that Cook's talent is trapping and going fast so he's rarely passed, but Niels made it look easy.

Cookie is more than useful from the back.

Re going fast he didn't think he was last night.......

Well tonight was very productive. Finally got a decent score at Lynn, wasn't the fastest by a long shot but the bike was gating so well 1f60c.png1f44c.png

I'm still in favour of 2 hot air balloons with a giant tarpaulin hanging down between them. Said tarpaulin could also be branded and would be an excellent sponsorship opportunity : )

That sounds the perfect solution!!

I was thinking of fast growing trees but they would have taken years.

For the balloons, you've already got the pumps working on the air fence so no extra cost there.

Bloomin brilliant!!

Not it cant but 3 x world Champ can be said..PUK is good and i like him,but he will never be 3 x WC!!

I'm not so sure Nicki will be remembered for being World Champ though, his other reputation precedes them!
  • Like 1

Apparently in years gone by they had goggles that reflected the sunlight.I dont recall meetings being delayed years ago either so why are they not used now?

Cookie is more than useful from the back.

Re going fast he didn't think he was last night.......

Well tonight was very productive. Finally got a decent score at Lynn, wasn't the fastest by a long shot but the bike was gating so well 1f60c.png1f44c.png

OK so he didn't think he was fast enough - but given his previous record at Lynn how would he even know exactly what IS fast enough? Does he also assume that if he was slightly faster, then NKI wouldn't have passed him? That's arguable!!

Anyway I haven't really got a downer on him, he's probably among the better of GB hopefuls. And I love his yellow wheels too!! :wink:

With the issue of the sun, I wonder if Sky has been there whether there would have been that kind of delay ?

I dont ever recall the sun being an issue at Saddlebow back in the 70's and 80's. Has the Kings Lynn landscape changed that much ?

I can remember delays for sun for decades, but it does seem more prevalent recently ... maybe the riders are just more bothered about it lately? Either that or its due to global warming :wink:

I've never understood why a higher fence has never been thought of - it'd certainly reduce the waiting time till the sun sets.

Edited by Star Fever

OK so he didn't think he was fast enough - but given his previous record at Lynn how would he even know exactly what IS fast enough? Does he also assume that if he was slightly faster, then NKI wouldn't have passed him? That's arguable!!

How would he know fast enough? Well when he scores a maximum? It's nice to see a rider scoring well but still wanting more, thats what makes you an excellent rider and not just a good one.

Edited by SCB

Yep, they've both only been riding speedway a few years. There is a good chance they will go full time EL next year for the first time but even that's not 100% certain.

I think it's great that our up and coming riders can mix it with the GP big boys.

They should be in the EL only THIS year!! Same with King & Barker - both going backwards. If they want to progress they should be riding in Polish or Swedish leagues against better oppos than in the PL. After all, their riders have been doing it for years over here trying to improve themselves.

Riders like Garrity, R Lambert, Kerr, Blackbird, Starke, Rose (to name a few) are real 'up and comers' - NOT riders who have already upped and came and feel safer in the Premier League!

• Like 1

Easy to say - not so easy to get the team place.

And then there's the expense involved - not cheap to keep kit in multiple countries.

Easy to say - not so easy to get the team place.

And then there's the expense involved - not cheap to keep kit in multiple countries.

TBF, if you want to make it, you have to make sacrifices. We moan that foreigns come over here taking the jobs off Brits because they're cheaper. Well the Brits should go over to Poland and Sweden and taker their jobs by being cheaper but oh no, they can't possibly do that!

TBF, if you want to make it, you have to make sacrifices. We moan that foreigns come over here taking the jobs off Brits because they're cheaper. Well the Brits should go over to Poland and Sweden and taker their jobs by being cheaper but oh no, they can't possibly do that!

Yeah lets go to Poland and earn £400 a month that would make sense.Why do you think they come here.

Yeah lets go to Poland and earn £400 a month that would make sense.Why do you think they come here.

Well you can't moan that there are no places over there if they won't take the pay on offer. It would have been like me at 18 stomping my feet and saying it's unfair no company would pay me 40k as a senior web developer. No, I didn't, I went to uni (at considerable expense, say the expense of buying speedway bikes) then worked for less and over the next 11 year worked my way up. Bloody hard work but it pays off in the end. You see, life is like that, if you make sacrifices now, you reap the reward in the future - so OK Craig may not get rich form Polish speedway this season if he'd raced for very little but next season he would have made some money and the season after when he'd improved as a rider because of it he'd be earning a lot of money and looked back on that harder year and realising how grateful was to have it all now. Alternatively he could just moan nobody is helpig him, it costs too much and give up and live the rest of his life wondering "what if..."

Well you can't moan that there are no places over there if they won't take the pay on offer. It would have been like me at 18 stomping my feet and saying it's unfair no company would pay me 40k as a senior web developer. No, I didn't, I went to uni (at considerable expense, say the expense of buying speedway bikes) then worked for less and over the next 11 year worked my way up. Bloody hard work but it pays off in the end. You see, life is like that, if you make sacrifices now, you reap the reward in the future - so OK Craig may not get rich form Polish speedway this season if he'd raced for very little but next season he would have made some money and the season after when he'd improved as a rider because of it he'd be earning a lot of money and looked back on that harder year and realising how grateful was to have it all now. Alternatively he could just moan nobody is helpig him, it costs too much and give up and live the rest of his life wondering "what if..."

You must be on 70k plus,thats what MP's get isn't it.Because at the end of the day whatever skills you have whether it be plumbing,welding,building or what 90% of jobs are in Britain,companies want cheap labour.Cheap labour equals bigger profits.It may not be up to the standards you are at but I am afraid most jobs in the UK are in manufacturing or building etc.