British Speedway Forum
steven101

Tai Woffinden Gardening

Tai did little that was completely new last night with all his gate-gardening ... all he did was keep testing how far the referee would let him go with his various antics only to keep finding out it appeared he could do whatever he wanted, not least because Sky seemed perfectly happy to be showing such daft scenes even if it meant their coverage overran even further.Several years ago at Owlerton when Pepe Franc (always a prolific gate-gardener given the chance) was riding for Sheffield against a Glasgow side managed for the evening by their centre-green announcer at the time Michael Max, Pepe cheerfully moved several lumps of the startline fence's dirt into gate-3.That prompted Michael to stroll from the 4th-bend pits to within a few feet of Pepe (still busy dirt-shifting) while furiously gesturing along the lines of "come on ref, that's surely not allowed !!".Given the respective sizes of the two of them, it was an absolutely hilarious Little and Large show and, as far as I'm aware, the ref on that occasion didn't do anything either.

Yes, a little known incident that provided amusement to up to 1000 people who were at Owlerton that night.

No one else knew, or cared.

But this is Tai.

At the British Final.

On TV.

And the professional moaners can have a field day.

What are the chances that the knee-jerk responders in Rugby will take the opportunity to add in a subsection to the regs?

Given half a chance.

• Like 1

Blocked as well good bye. I have enjoyed my time so far after blocking stevebrum so you can join him.

Can I join them too? :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Bizarre and I think Dan Holt may be reflecting on these events. I suggest the refs get together at the end of the year and agree a stance, but it will require co-operation of starting marshal..

I agree. A decision has to be made and then upheld by everyone, including the WC. We have enough fannying around at the gate, but more gate doctoring is not good. You could see in future riders having gate mechanics, as well as pits mechanics. All getting a bit daft and it should be minimum gate work.

Shame really as we are a Speedway family. It's a shame we have members like BWitcher and stevebrum making everything into an argument when there is no need for one if you don't agree then fair enough but there is no need to try and start an argument.

This is a forum for views. You are entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to their's.

• Like 4

Shame really as we are a Speedway family. It's a shame we have members like BWitcher and stevebrum making everything into an argument when there is no need for one if you don't agree then fair enough but there is no need to try and start an argument.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

I find all this anti Woffy stuff baffling. We have a rider who is current world champ and is making a great fist of defending it. Hes stayed loyal to our league. 2 time British champ. He can gate or he can pass so as a rider he has it all. And to top it all off hes raising 100k for a British charity.WTF is wrong with people. He took a tiny amount of dirt from under a fence and one of the people who he pays to work for him dared to bring him a bike so now hes a diva with an out of control ego. Some people are absolutely pathetic.

We as British speedway fans should be celebrating someone like him. He knew he had the talent but his attitude was all wrong so he put it right and stopped the sh1te and now hes world champ. Hes an example to endless other British riders with a bit of talent but who will go nowhere in the sport for various reasons.

Diva !! what a great way to describe him , I can't wait to see him pull his diva stunt at the Next GP , well that will be the obvious next step up of course having got away with it at his home track and with a weak referee , It won't matter if he gets penailsed because he can just go back to his pit space and have a few of his blue only M and Ms . and shout at some of the lesser mortals who work for him

• Like 1

I thought much of it was just tongue in cheek fun.

Tai was relaxed and ready to race. Whilst everyone was faffing between the re runs he was just amusing himself.

I didnt see him do anything to interfere with any part of the start the other 3 would use.

If he had the time to get a rake and a shovel then why not. If the 2 mins was ticking he wouldnt have.

Ive seen it a Foxhall this year where other team members have gathered handfuls of loose stuff from near the fence to pack into gate 1 for the rider nominated in heat 15 so its not unique.

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 4

Ok, so it appaears Tai didn't break any rules and thus was not cheating although I am surprised no such rule covering excesive gardening exists. So like it or not the other riders could have done the same, but chose not too. However, If they had been on track, then the ref would have put them on two minutes which would have restricted the possibility of them and Tai continuing to garden.

All Tai did was take advantage of the time delay between restarts to improve his chances.

Not sure if now the world champ has shown the way, it will lead to riders rushing out with their bucket and spades betwen heats, but hopefully following an unsatisfactory start some will head straight to the start line instead of the pits which hopefully will speed things up.

Well done Tai on keeping your head and knowing the rules - and no I am not a Wolves fan, but I do love Britain having a World Champion!

• Like 1

My personal view on this is that at first he was mimicking Craig Cook for doing loads of digging on his gate. But in my opinion I feel Tai got too far up his own backside with the whole spade issue and using the dirt from Harris' gate. And when he threw the spade after being told off reeked of arrogance. Fair enough, he's World Champion, but with the attitude that I've seen from his tonight and from last week's meeting at Coventry (vs Wolves) where he just walked past everyone into his van, I can't help but feel he's taken a bit of a Ward attitude lately.

That said though, he's a fantastic rider and I still like him a lot.

• Like 2

Diva !! what a great way to describe him , I can't wait to see him pull his diva stunt at the Next GP , well that will be the obvious next step up of course having got away with it at his home track and with a weak referee , It won't matter if he gets penailsed because he can just go back to his pit space and have a few of his blue only M and Ms . and shout at some of the lesser mortals who work for him

Aww diddums.... Tai keeps winning and Jim the Whipper doesn't like it.

Keep the attacks on Tai coming if it makes you feel better, it won't stop Tai winning but it does provide the forum with some amusement.

• Like 1

Blocked as well good bye. I have enjoyed my time so far after blocking stevebrum so you can join him.

We are the lucky ones then.

Can I join them too? :rolleyes:

Got a feeling it will be in double figures come the end of the week. Sounding more and more like a Poole fan!

Its a shame we have posters like you/KKS/JJR et al who actually admit to posting bull. Thank god im not part of this particular family, one thats getting smaller with every `block`.

This is a forum for views. You are entitled to your opinion and they are entitled to their's.

And in some cases if you dont agree just put them on Block - although `ignore` is the correct terminology. Not like that poster is known for posting facts! :D

Edited by stevebrum

A young fan waits for Tai in the pits...picture_009.jpg

A young fan waits for Tai in the pits...picture_009.jpg

bloody kids nowadays -thats the road sign showing the way to Kings Lynn he has stolen.
  • Like 2