British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
michaelcroucher

S W C - Who Will Be Picked For Uk

So with the SWC coming up next month who will be picked for UK. Last night we saw the British Final with Craig Cook riding really well with going into the final as well as Ben Barker. We all know that Tai will be picked as he is riding at his best again. Will we see a Jason Garrity being picked over Harris. With the Americans riding well this year as well we need to be focus and to beat the Aussies to go straight to the Final.

Garrity :lol: no where near ready yet.

Woffinden

Harris

Cook

Barker/King

We always say give the youngsters a chance, but till there good enough, you cant. Bridger or Lambert probably the best chance to come in and mix it up a little bit. Richie Worrall hasn't done much in either league, Garrity has done well, but to be in the WTC no chance, Kerr was doing well but not upto the standard yet either. There is no one else really since the severe decline with Kennett to come in.

Garrity, while impressive last night, tends to perform best on tighter, technical circuits.

Danny King will be good at King's Lynn, as will (probably) Bomber.

Cook or Barker? Toss-up.

Garrity :lol: no where near ready yet.

Woffinden

Harris

Cook

Barker/King

We always say give the youngsters a chance, but till there good enough, you cant. Bridger or Lambert probably the best chance to come in and mix it up a little bit. Richie Worrall hasn't done much in either league, Garrity has done well, but to be in the WTC no chance, Kerr was doing well but not upto the standard yet either. There is no one else really since the severe decline with Kennett to come in.

Garrity, while impressive last night, tends to perform best on tighter, technical circuits.

Danny King will be good at King's Lynn, as will (probably) Bomber.

Cook or Barker? Toss-up.

I would agree with that, it is pretty much perm any 2 from 3 really with King/Cook/Barker

Its GB by the way Michael, there is no team UK

I think that as there is no chance of winning it, we would be better looking at a long term strategy. There are some riders who have constantly failed year after year, I see no point in picking them simply because they might currently be top of the averages. So I would ignore the failures and stick with some new blood for the next few years. I would demand that Robert Lambert decides whether he is British or not now, if he says no, so be it. Obviously Tai is in and Cookie. I would have a squad of maybe Barker, both Worralls, R Lambert, Garrity, Blackbird, Starke and any others who show promise and I would use that squad for all international matches, even letting them take on EL teams or continental league teams. They might lose a lot of matches but something might come of it, nothing will come of Bridger, Kennett, Harris or King.

• Like 1

I dont know the current crop of youngster (just getting back into speedway after 30 years away), but from what I do know GB team is not going to win the competition so I reckon pick TW and the best youngsters, groom them on the international field - they are the future, nurture them Forget Chris Harris, he has had his chances (more chances then many from what I can gather)

Woffy

Bomber

King

Cook

Lambert's gating not good enough yet although he's quick enough if he gets in front. Assuming he wants to represent GB of course.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Tai and Bomber should be certainties and id pick Cook too. Harris and Cook have performed well at KL recently and Harris never lets GB down. Last place is a tough one, id probably pick King but I wouldnt mind a youngster coming into the side. If Russia qualify for this event then we will need our best side possible, it should be a very good meeting.

Woffy

Bomber

King

Cook

Lambert's gating not good enough yet although he's quick enough if he gets in front. Assuming he wants to represent GB of course.

100% Agree, there is no one else good enough at that level...

I would not waste any more time with Harris as he has too many excuses and will contribute little.

Give Cook a go as he has something to prove after his last lamentable performance for England.

Maybe give King another spin and stick Barker in as whatever people think of him he at least looks interested in proceedings and will give his all.

Tai obviously as he is after all world champion :)

I would not waste any more time with Harris as he has too many excuses and will contribute little.

Give Cook a go as he has something to prove after his last lamentable performance for England.

Maybe give King another spin and stick Barker in as whatever people think of him he at least looks interested in proceedings and will give his all.

Tai obviously as he is after all world champion :)

You need to pay a visit to Beandon and watch Harris. Has been amazing over last few months.

Think Tai & Harris still ahead of the rest.

Shame Nicholls is no longer wanting to represent his country.

Worry abut about King & Cook as really struggled in last years World Cup but not a lot to pick from at the moment

Tai

Bomber

Cook

King

King might have had a poor British final but kings Lynn is a different track, Cook has improved every year he's been in the sport and beat bjerre twice around there last week (out scoring Nicholls) Woffinden is obvious and say what you like about Harris he is better than Barker. Its alright saying give the youngsters a chance, but the likes of Garrity, Kerr, Lambert and both Worrals aren't ready yet there time will come at least the future looks brighter than it did a few years ago

• Like 1