British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Rye House V Glasgow 21st June, The Longest Day At 7pm

So it’s the match of the season at Rye House this Saturday night, the longest day the 21st June!

How the Rockets fans look forward to seeing the Glasgow Tigers. How time flies it only seem last week that the Tigers of Glasgow were in town.

With the Rockets on a run of fantastic form, certainly the form team of the season thus far, sitting top of the league and I can’t see anything other than a big Rye House win here.

In the real world I’m asking myself can I be bothered after seeing Glasgow last week, to go and see Glasgow again this week? What bad planning by Hinge & Bracket!

At the moment the weather forecast is fine for Saturday, so looks like Stummo will be down my local :drink: , unless I can be persuaded otherwise :cheers:

• Like 2

funny post, hopefully we can put up a better fight this time and Kasper will remember how to ride rye ;)

• Like 1

Hope Anders reproduces what he did last week and Kasper gives us something from reserve .

• Like 2

funny post, hopefully we can put up a better fight this time and Kasper will remember how to ride rye ;)

He had a season and a half here and didn't know. What makes you think he can now?

He had a season and a half here and didn't know. What makes you think he can now?

He scored big points from reserve on occasion

He scored big points from reserve on occasion

Very seldom did he impress, due to his shocking gating. My abiding memory of Kasper is seeing him score paid 7 at Plymouth as a Berwick guest, then going back seven days later to see him score 1 for us. Very frustrating. Edited by Shadders

Very seldom did he impress, due to his shocking gating. My abiding memory of Kasper is seeing him score paid 7 at Plymouth as a Berwick guest, then going back seven days later to see him score 1 for us. Very frustrating.

Well we'll see , and yes his gating is still shocking . Apart from Kasper , we need one or two of our more experienced men to up their game on Saturday for us to get anything out of this . How they react to the expected battering at Somerset ,the night before , could be an issue .
  • Like 1

So it’s the match of the season at Rye House this Saturday night, the longest day the 21st June!

How the Rockets fans look forward to seeing the Glasgow Tigers. How time flies it only seem last week that the Tigers of Glasgow were in town.

With the Rockets on a run of fantastic form, certainly the form team of the season thus far, sitting top of the league and I can’t see anything other than a big Rye House win here.

In the real world I’m asking myself can I be bothered after seeing Glasgow last week, to go and see Glasgow again this week? What bad planning by Hinge & Bracket!

At the moment the weather forecast is fine for Saturday, so looks like Stummo will be down my local :drink: , unless I can be persuaded otherwise :cheers:

Don't bother going to the PL Pairs meeting either, cos Rockets are not in it or the 4's

Edited by Lord Skid

Well there's no use going the two day trip is there if that's going to be the result .

Well that's the 2 day trip cancelled not worth while going according to some peeps on here 😏

Yep , look at the money you'll save

• Like 1

is there anything more depressing than reading some Rocket fans posts on here, I bet uncle Len has to check the bridge near the pub every time he turns up!

• Like 1

is there anything more depressing than reading some Rocket fans posts on here, I bet uncle Len has to check the bridge near the pub every time he turns up!

I say this as a neutral who has to sit there and watch with my own eyes... But if you get your head out your backside and listen, you will realise that what is said on here is the general consensus of the feeling at Rye most Saturdays... There's not much spirit at all any more... Die hard fans are being lost/ rapidly losing interest... I mean, it wasnt that long ago that the thought of Glasgow getting close to Rye at Rye House would make you laugh... now it is a major possibility that they could even take points away! they've had their biggest defeat at home this season in a long long time in which a reserve scored a maximum.. They sadly don't look competitive at all on the road (I say sadly cos my OH still continues to follow them 100s of miles).. A major overhaul of some sort is needed to get enthusiasm back!

• Like 1

If you're happy watching your team struggle at home every week, then good luck to you. I'm not.

Nothing wrong with a good old moan to get it out of your system.

Almost every side used to hate coming to Hoddesdon. Most we're beaten before a wheel was turned. Now they come expecting to leave with something apart from dusty kevlars.

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Well there's no use going the two day trip is there if that's going to be the result .

Well that's the 2 day trip cancelled not worth while going according to some peeps on here

If you're happy watching your team struggle at home every week, then good luck to you. I'm not.

Almost every side used to hate coming to Hoddesdon. Most we're beaten before a wheel was turned. Now they come expecting to leave with something apart from dusty kevlars.

Spot on Shadders . I quoted the two above posts cause there's nothing more annoying than the high and mighty mob who have a go when , god forbid , we complain about the dross we're expected to pay our good money to support . You had it off Somerset , we had it off the Smugs and it aint nice . Watching Glasgow v Rye last Sunday , it looked two very mediocre sides , but some take umbridge when we get fed up .

remember that 66 match unbeaten home record Shadders?

back in 2008/2009.....

and people moaned about the dominance of the rockets - saying it was boring!

- give me those days anytime.... watching young Woofy miss the gate and still end up winning the heats!

Great times!!! :t:

• Like 4