British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Ipswich Witches Pl Sun 22/6/14 @3pm

So after the hilarity of England's World Cup exit , we can get back to the speedway again . And it's a wee toughie this Sunday . The only side to face the smug steamroller and not lose , the Witches of Ippo .

Led by the now lesser Worrall and ably backed up by messers Tungate and Risager . How their American will do on our track is anybodies guess , but their lower order of Heeps , Ellis and Hawkins could be troublesome .

We will be heartened by last week's performance and have Edinburgh's Aaron Fox as this week's guest reserve ( he's only Samantha when riding for the smugs )

This will be the third meeting in three days for both teams , so i hope these line-ups make it to the tapes .

Glasgow

1 Kevin Wolbert

2 Christian Henry

3 Anders Thomsen

4 Theo Pijper

5 Rusty Harrison

6 Kasper Lykke

7 Aaron Fox

Ipswich

1 Richie Worrall

2 Cameron Heeps

3 Morten Risager

4 Gino Manzares

5 Rohan Tungate

6 Adam Ellis

7 Richie Hawkins

Hard meeting to predict . Ipswich came up here last year and battered us , but we were an embarrassment last year and we have shown some improvement . But the Witches are in form at the minute and this one could go either way

Edited by Paulco

Well we did appear to be coming into some sort of form before our visit to Scunny but our legendary inconsistency doesn't bode well for the weekend visits to Worky and yourselves !

Who knows what the Witches might do?

Anything from a 20 point defeat to a 20 point win is possible from this team at present.

Eenie meenie minie mo - draw!!

Who knows what the Witches might do?

Anything from a 20 point defeat to a 20 point win is possible from this team at present.

Eenie meenie minie mo - draw!!

If it's any consolation we are just as inconsistent were just not as good at it .

Like all other witches fans, I could easily see a win here, or another battering, much like last season's visits to dp, one hammering and one win

How did we go at Glasgow last season?

Like all other witches fans, I could easily see a win here, or another battering, much like last season's visits to dp, one hammering and one win

Won pretty easily last season but we were pretty awful last year for all off the season will be pretty tight tomorrow to close to call

Sunday 25th August 2013

Glasgow 36 - Grieves 11 Jacobs 6+3 Bager 6 Lemon (g) 6 North 5+1 Ringwood 2 Thomsen 0

Ipswich 56 - Barker 13 Heeps 10+4 Lanham 10 Tungate 9+1 Ellis 6 Hawkins 5+2 Risager 3

So as you can see , a bit of a slaughter .

But that was then , this is now . Tomorrow's forecast is favourable and i think this has all the makings of a very tight , entertaining encounter .

Sunday 25th August 2013

Glasgow 36 - Grieves 11 Jacobs 6+3 Bager 6 Lemon (g) 6 North 5+1 Ringwood 2 Thomsen 0

Ipswich 56 - Barker 13 Heeps 10+4 Lanham 10 Tungate 9+1 Ellis 6 Hawkins 5+2 Risager 3

So as you can see , a bit of a slaughter .

But that was then , this is now . Tomorrow's forecast is favourable and i think this has all the makings of a very tight , entertaining encounter .

If our "number 1" matches Barkers 13 tomorrow I'll run a lap of Foxhall pre meeting Thursday in my birthday suit!

You won't see paid 14 from Heeps this year either it's really sad to see the lad struggle so badly after having such a promising year last year.

I do think we'll win tomorrow, and that's because I think our reserve pairing is a lot stronger than Glasgow's and that will see us through.

Possibly.

How on earth did Jacobs get 6+3?!!

Ht 2 Ellis Hawkins Jacobs Ringwood (f)

Ht 4 Grieves Jacobs Hawkins Risager

Ht 8 Heeps Hawkins Jacobs North (f)

Ht11 Grieves Barker Heeps Jacobs

Ht 12 Tungate Bager Jacobs Ellis

Ht 14 Lanham Ringwood Jacobs Ellis

I clearly have too much time on my hands this afternoon

Thanks Paulco.

Interesting to see Hawkins can make it to Scotland - must just be the east(ish) side he can't get to!!

Thanks Paulco.

Interesting to see Hawkins can make it to Scotland - must just be the east(ish) side he can't get to!!

I watched him ride Armadale ( or try too ) for Somerset a few years back . His bike looked to be far too powerful for the track as when he got to the bends it was Bambi on ice stuff . Maybe it's just Armadaleitus with him .

Plus in his career he's ridden for Berwick , Workington , Somerset and Sheffield - not a small track rider

Edited by Paulco

Heads up for Chris Louis.

Chris, save yourself some travel costs tomorrow and only send up half your team.

It's all you'll need!

• Like 1

Heads up for Chris Louis.

Chris, save yourself some travel costs tomorrow and only send up half your team.

It's all you'll need!

Trouble is knowing which half to send - they can all score 2 or 10 on any given night.

Trouble is knowing which half to send - they can all score 2 or 10 on any given night.

The 2 lot will suffice!