British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fish keeper

Wolves V King's Lynn

just shows you what a load of bollox this fast tracking system is .. when KL can stick the excellent Lewis Blackbird in at guest reserve and he can clean up verses the inept Wolverhampton reserves...

Blackbird was the difference between the 2 sides - had Wolves had him at reserve they would have won the meeting rather than getting smashed...

This system is flawed when Lynn have Kerr missing (current Number one FDR), and we have Simon Lambert in his place for Thursday night. :wink:

It swings both ways.

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

This is system is flawed when Lynn have Kerr missing (current Number one FDR), and we have Simon Lambert in his place for Thursday night. :wink:

It swings both ways.

Yes but Eastbourne are missing Blackbird (replaced by injury-returning Kyle Newman), so that does give it a bit of balance!!

• Like 1

Absolutely right.

Blackbird coming in for Kerr (who after all has hardly scored any points this season) was the difference last night.

Is it nice on whatever planet you're living on?!?

Kerr scored 7 from 3 completed rides at Monmore earlier on in the season, against a stronger Wolves reserve pairing so to pin Stars success on Blackbird replacing Kerr is a nonsense.

If you are going to be bitter, at least cite the other guest booking Max Fricke as the 'difference' - he was superb last night and his 8 paid 10 haul compares favorably to Porsing's early season score in the reverse fixture when he was riding on the track for the first time.

Bored of whenever a team does well it's down to the FTR system, or when they lose it's down to the FTR system. Speedway is a team sport with numerous factors affecting the results. Last night, perhaps if Pawlicki's engine hadn't ceased in his first ride and Ty Proctor not had bike issues it could have been closer....

I aint bitter mate, :rofl:

Don't really follow the EL these day and I'm a massive Lewis Blackbird fan.. :t:

I'm just saying that the playing field wasn't a level one last night.... Which is why the EL is nothing but a joke!!

It's the Wolverhampton faithful who got done over last night and the Wolves promotion who will see regular paying punters walk away soon if they keep getting stuffed at home! :o

• Like 1

It's the Wolverhampton faithful who got done over last night

Not sure how we were `done over!`

Blackbird is a like for like guest as Kerr would have scored roughly the same points.

Fricke was an excellent guest choice and probably scored more than Porsing might have done.

What is different to any recent seasons gone by?

Guests are part and parcel of our sport in the UK. Sometimes it works for you or against you.

I certainly don't feel cheated by the Stars, i feel more cheated by my own team for turning over so easily!

• Like 8

I aint bitter mate, :rofl:

Don't really follow the EL these day and I'm a massive Lewis Blackbird fan.. :t:

I'm just saying that the playing field wasn't a level one last night.... Which is why the EL is nothing but a joke!!

It's the Wolverhampton faithful who got done over last night and the Wolves promotion who will see regular paying punters walk away soon if they keep getting stuffed at home! :o

Soz dont know where you are coming from Kerr is rated higher in the draft and has a 1 point better average in the Premier league than Blackbird.In what way could you make it more of a level playing field if a rider is unavailable ?

Also keep getting stuffed its the first time Wolves have lost at home this season ??.

Edited by B.V 72

A few FTRs were always gonna shine and we are lucky to have two :-)

• Like 1

A few FTRs were always gonna shine and we are lucky to have two :-)

Anyone know the plans for next year tho regarding FTRs?

I'm presuming that the likes of Kerr, Blackbird & Worrall will no longer be included and expected to go PL or EL?

Will the lesser of this year's FTRs still be considered next year (ie Rose)?

Lynn might not be so beneficial of FTR system next year..unless we have someone in mind already on our books?

You're missing the point here, Obviously from your comments you gave last night's meeting a miss. Niels try to stay in contention, despite riding blind, at every opportunity he was trying to clear his vision. Eventually he had to remove his goggle, this was at the start of the last lap, By this time he had distance himself from the back of the pack. Niels was still on the track when the race finished in a 4-2 win for the Wolves. No doubt had someone had fallen off or packed up, I can assure you Niels would have been aware of it and finished the race. As it was, being close to the back to the pits he turned into opening close by. So it wasn't a Big Deal !!!

I'm abroad so no option to 'give it a miss' really :)

I watched on Bet365 and it appeared as if he'd left before the others finished.. plus the previous comments on the thread suggested he had, hence my comments.

However, you point out he didn't leave the track till the others had finished, that's fair enough and I agree, no criticism of Iversen is necessary in this case.

My comments weren't really aimed at him tbh, more at riders in general leaving the track when in last place..it's a KK speciality.

• Like 3

I actually don't think that's the case. In the past Poole have strengthened by having a ringer on a 4 average who increases their average to their potential then they upgraded to a rider on a similar average who can increase it again. The Draft System has actually killed that dead as you can no longer have a foreign ringer reserve banging in 7 rides every meeting.

You are right about the FTR system.But the point I made earlier in the thread was against the 2's and 4's in the team.These riders should in effect have easier rides than they have done in previous seasons so their average should really increase.So when it increases they can be replaced by what should be a better class rider,he then improves his average and you could then bring in another one.So you could find a lot of the 2's and 4's are actually on false averages this year.

Match over.

To be expected tbh. The implementation of the fast track scheme has made the league somewhat of a farce.

Even play off Kenny can't stop Lynn winning the playoffs this year :)

I'm no fan of the draft system but theirs no need to start slagging it off now, simply because Wolves are on the end of a first home mauling of the season.
  • Like 1

Tai in the local rag tonight.

' I don't think all the boys were scoring the points they needed to.....'

The guy does a lot of things but didn't imagine irony would be one of them :D

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 2

You are right about the FTR system.But the point I made earlier in the thread was against the 2's and 4's in the team.These riders should in effect have easier rides than they have done in previous seasons so their average should really increase.So when it increases they can be replaced by what should be a better class rider,he then improves his average and you could then bring in another one.So you could find a lot of the 2's and 4's are actually on false averages this year.

Against the point you are making, is the fact, the rules dictate the main riders in the team: top 3 are heat leaders, and the other two are second strings. So if a second string ups his average, he then becomes a heat leader. The heater leader dropping to a second string, obviously finding the new format more difficult as seen by his scores. But now the 2nd string being a heat leader will find it a lot harder to score points and now this scores will drop. So yes it could be possible, but highly unlikely. Any new riders has to be integral to those rules.

Against the point you are making, is the fact, the rules dictate the main riders in the team: top 3 are heat leaders, and the other two are second strings. So if a second string ups his average, he then becomes a heat leader. The heater leader dropping to a second string, obviously finding the new format more difficult as seen by his scores. But now the 2nd string being a heat leader will find it a lot harder to score points and now this scores will drop. So yes it could be possible, but highly unlikely. Any new riders has to be integral to those rules.

An example maybe say Lambert got an average of 7 and Schlein drops to 6.5 they will swap for the following month.Lambert is on an inflated average because of the position he rode in Schlein a deflated average because of his position of 3rd heat leader.As I believe this average will stick for a month.Come the end of the month Lamberts average in theory should deflate probably to 5.5 or something like that this I say would be a true average as he has been in both positions.But if Lynn wanted to they could replace Lambert with somebody on a 7pt average.And still probably be a second string as Schlein would have improved his average.

Then the 7pt rider should improve and van also get replaced at the end of the month.But I think it would only be possible a couple of times.

I know what I am trying to say but it is quite hard to put it into words.

An example maybe say Lambert got an average of 7 and Schlein drops to 6.5 they will swap for the following month.Lambert is on an inflated average because of the position he rode in Schlein a deflated average because of his position of 3rd heat leader.As I believe this average will stick for a month.Come the end of the month Lamberts average in theory should deflate probably to 5.5 or something like that this I say would be a true average as he has been in both positions.But if Lynn wanted to they could replace Lambert with somebody on a 7pt average.And still probably be a second string as Schlein would have improved his average.

Then the 7pt rider should improve and van also get replaced at the end of the month.But I think it would only be possible a couple of times.

I know what you mean, cracking idea that!

The 28 match nature of the rolling average should mean that the average are not so volatile though.

The Lambert example you use though is a good one, as he was on an assessed average to begin with of 3.00 so his average is likely to change more until he gets 28 meeting under his belt.

I don't actually see many second strings scoring that crazily high though....might start another thread on this topic....

Understand what you're saying, but if you had a 2nd string scoring that well, why would you want to change him????

• Like 1