British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Krzysztof Buczkowski Crash At Leicester, Highest I Have Ever Seen A Speedway Bike In The Air!

Krzysztof Buczkowskis tangle with the fallen Nick Morris last night, resulted in Krzysztofs machine launching itself around 8 feet + into the air, before parking itself neatly against the safety fence....! I can honestly say that's the highest I have ever seen a bike in the air, it didn't somersault, or spin, just looked like it had been launched off a ramp!! Luckily no riders injured in the incident, anyone seen a bike higher in the air?

Evil Knievel?

Krzysztof Buczkowskis tangle with the fallen Nick Morris last night, resulted in Krzysztofs machine launching itself around 8 feet + into the air, before parking itself neatly against the safety fence....! I can honestly say that's the highest I have ever seen a bike in the air, it didn't somersault, or spin, just looked like it had been launched off a ramp!! Luckily no riders injured in the incident, anyone seen a bike higher in the air?

Seb Ulamek in the play off final v Coventry in 2007 :P

Them BMX stunt riders at the Olympics looked quite high to me

Is this on line anywhere as I missed the first few races on Bet365? :unsure:

Krzysztof was stuck under the fence by the way, the machine was unmanned, thinking about it, it was only 15/16 ft from me on the inside of turn 2, when I got to the bike, the engine had stopped and it had parked itself neatly against the fence, and I only had to turn the fuel off and hand over control to the mechanic.... It actually was probably a bit higher than 8ft, possibly breached 10 ft!!

Robert miskowiak in a sky match at Oxford a few years ago. He went so high I didn't think he was ever going to come down!

Robert miskowiak in a sky match at Oxford a few years ago. He went so high I didn't think he was ever going to come down!

Blimey! So what I think is the ISS every night, could actually be Robert Miskowiak then!!!*

I've seen that before and it's amazing how no-one was injured. Can't have been pleasant for Benji to see the bike heading straight for him and the other fans moved pretty quickly too. :lol:

#blamenickip

It doesn't score in terms of height, but for sheer style and entertainment you can't beat the one at Scunny when Benji Compton's bike went chasing after a bite of Dave Dowling's burger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qtu8BiGI

Robbie Blackadders bike had a habit of doing that every time he fell off. Nearly done a full lap on its own

Not seen that Compton one before...I've seen plenty of bikes take off for a bit after a fall but that is the most spectacular one I've seen....good viewing , as you know nobody was hurt

Makes you think that when we were kids we used to watch speedway at some tracks actually leaning over the fence...Ellesmere Port springs to mind , and the bikes were so close....madness when you think back but thought nothing of it back then

Edited by Bruiser McHuge

There used to be one on you tube, might have been Costa Mesa, the bike got up of the track, about turned and thrashed itself across the centre green and used the fence as a ramp.. I believe there were injuries in the crowd that day..