British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Krzysztof Buczkowski Crash At Leicester, Highest I Have Ever Seen A Speedway Bike In The Air!

There used to be one on you tube, might have been Costa Mesa, the bike got up of the track, about turned and thrashed itself across the centre green and used the fence as a ramp.. I believe there were injuries in the crowd that day..

[/quote

Seen that. It had more control itself than some riders today. Saw the Eastbourne rubbish on Monday. Bet the bikes were only on the track for half the time it was so bumpy.

Jason Lyons, for Glasgow down at Newcatle in his first season in the UK took off like a rocket when he hit a fallen rider(Mark Thorpe perhaps) at Brough Park. We all seen the impact coming and it was like slow motion as he sailed through the air down the back straight. Think he withdrew from meeting but no long term injury thankfully.

There used to be one on you tube, might have been Costa Mesa, the bike got up of the track, about turned and thrashed itself across the centre green and used the fence as a ramp.. I believe there were injuries in the crowd that day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w3I-pkrY3k

September 1975: The second half of the Exeter v. Halifax match was abandoned, when a bike careered into the crowd and injured four spectators. Home rider Scott Autrey was leading the fourth heat of the scratch programme when Graham Plant and Bob Spelta touched and crashed.

Both parted company with their machines, Plant’s slithered on its side and formed a ramp for Spelta’s machine to clear the 5 feet high safety fence. The rider-less machine landed four rows back in the crowd, injuring four spectators. They were taken to hospital, three being released with minor injuries. The fourth - 15 year-old Caroline James - was detained with a fractured skull.

That's the one! Horrible :cry: .Poor Jamie Smith had no luck.

i was there that day and amazingly he only broke an ankle thanks to the fact that he landed on the dog track.

• Like 1

September 1975: The second half of the Exeter v. Halifax match was abandoned, when a bike careered into the crowd and injured four spectators. Home rider Scott Autrey was leading the fourth heat of the scratch programme when Graham Plant and Bob Spelta touched and crashed.

Both parted company with their machines, Plant’s slithered on its side and formed a ramp for Spelta’s machine to clear the 5 feet high safety fence. The rider-less machine landed four rows back in the crowd, injuring four spectators. They were taken to hospital, three being released with minor injuries. The fourth - 15 year-old Caroline James - was detained with a fractured skull.

That reminds me, the 4TT at Exeter in 1999 Mark Simmons clips Frank Smarts back wheel and ended up in the garden that backed onto the track and had to climb up a ladder to get back into the stadium - even more amazingly he had broken his pelvis in the crash!

Four rows of fans is the most impressive part of this

• Like 3

Four rows of fans is the most impressive part of this

Now... it's just four fans, rowing!