British Speedway Forum
OILYRAG

Something Got To Change (sheffield)

God knows, because it looks like Proctor's average hasn't yet changed! So what have we got left with average wise?

Stead and Lanham will have been selected at the time of the cut off date I would presume !!! Proctor may not have rode enough meetings ? His average changes after Rye house meeting so I would expect changes next week.

Anyone any idea what is happening at Owlerton 10 July. A MDL match per fixtures bit only open for first team. Unlikely to be stand alone MDL match, so would have thought something arranged by now.

New averages out, and Sheffield total is 39.44. Scope to do something there.

Ben Wilson on 14 straight wins in the NL now but is not allowed to doubled up , can anyone give me a GOOD reason why not ?

Edited by OILYRAG
  • Like 1

Ben Wilson now on 14 straight wins in the NL now but is not allowed to doubled up , can anyone give me a GOOD reason why not ?

Not really, but he was a Premier League Rider a few years ago, and a fairly decent one at that.

Ben Wilson on 14 straight wins in the NL now but is not allowed to doubled up , can anyone give me a GOOD reason why not ?

Because if he could you'd flood the NL with 6 point PL riders making the NL too expensive.

Wonder if we could tempt Robert Lambert down to the premier league, by my thinking he'd be on 8.03 converted down from his EL average, but I'm not sure he can double down after trying with Newcastle. But we could easily swap him out for Lanham and still have plenty of room to make another move-

1. Simon Stead 9.71

2.Simon Nielsen 3.81/or replacement up to 5.91

3.Rob Lambert 8.03

4.Andre Compton/or a replacement up to 7.22

5. Ty Proctor 6.40

6. Taylor Poole 3.75

7.Josh Bates 3.58

Edited by skj

Wonder if we could tempt Robert Lambert down to the premier league, by my thinking he'd be on 8.03 converted down from his EL average, but I'm not sure he can double down after trying with Newcastle. But we could easily swap him out for Lanham and still have plenty of room to make another move-

1. Simon Stead 9.71

2.Simon Nielsen 3.81/or replacement up to 5.91

3.Rob Lambert 8.03

4.Andre Compton/or a replacement up to 7.22

5. Ty Proctor 6.40

6. Taylor Poole 3.75

7.Josh Bates 3.58

I think someone has pointed out (on another thread), Robert Lambert is not allowed to Double up/down this season.

I think someone has pointed out (on another thread), Robert Lambert is not allowed to Double up/down this season.

I was unsure to whether he could or not. I thought he could once he got his own average. Probably way off the mark though.

Edited by skj

On the other hand I thought he could once he got rid of the assessed average. I thought that once our Danny gets his PL average, one of the options was to go back in for Robert. Hmmm.

On the other hand I thought he could once he got rid of the assessed average. I thought that once our Danny gets his PL average, one of the options was to go back in for Robert. Hmmm.

I hope you are right Dave. :t:

With Schrammy looking doubtful, at least for a while, Robert Lambert would fit in with Danny King's new 'real' average.

I hope you are right Dave. :t:

With Schrammy looking doubtful, at least for a while, Robert Lambert would fit in with Danny King's new 'real' average.

I don't think we could replace Schrammy with Lambert, without dropping someone else. If you make a multiple swap (i.e 2 or more riders) you then have to build to 42.50. Whearas replacing Schrammy you can bring in a 3.92 (or below) rider. Lambert, as I understand it (if allowed to ride PL & EL) would come in on around an 8.00. Kingy's new real average is going to be over 9 (I think).

Anyway, this is supposed to be a Sheffield thread!!!

Edited by Steve Park