British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bandits4eva

Sheffield Tigers Vs Berwick Bandits; 26/06/14; Ko Cup 2nd Leg

I don't support either team, Just a visit to a track I've not been to before. The meeting was full of great racing with

many incidents with wall of death passing round the boards,two riders in a punch-up, a manager being put on the

deck and ending in a draw.If posters want to talk about rules then open a thread in speedway news and discussion

I would to like read peoples views on a great meeting.

The rules really do need changed because there are far to many gaps there to be exploited. As you say though, you cant blame teams for exploiting them if the option is available to them.

Rules on Foreign riders have to be looked at.too many just using GB for some extra earnings.IMO if a foreign rider is missing for any reason then there should be no facility whatsoever. ,that would eliminate a lot of mediocre riders stopping young British riders making progress.BSPA are keen to promote young Brits this would be a start.I still find it hard to believe that mediocre foreigners can make Britain pay.You can't blame Promotions for taking advantage of the rules.
  • Like 1

Hopefully the authorities get to the bottom of the Kus situation and get proof of the illness, or no illness and then take the appropriate action. It stinks Berwick

To be honest, Matej rides Sheffield well, although Jorgenson rode well, With Matej Kus riding we may well have scored more points from 7 rides closer to 21, then we would have taken the away win.

• Like 3

I don't support either team, Just a visit to a track I've not been to before. The meeting was full of great racing with

many incidents with wall of death passing round the boards,two riders in a punch-up, a manager being put on the

deck and ending in a draw.If posters want to talk about rules then open a thread in speedway news and discussion

Who was in a punch up?

Racing at Sheffield can be great when 2 teams give it a go

Nobody put on the deck, just some pushing and shoving with some old boy from the crowd trying to get involved. Nothing to it really

Nobody put on the deck, just some pushing and shoving with some old boy from the crowd trying to get involved. Nothing to it really

Bit like Berwick then, a lot of pushing to get to the pies before Scott eats them all :D

• Like 2

Nobody on the deck.. Bit of handbags from Simon Stead... Gave Razor a shove on his way back to the pits before David and Steady shook hands.. It was a cracking race between the two of them... Real hard stuff!

Also, brilliant racing from Thomas Jorgensen.. His move round the 3rd/4th bend in one of his later heats had to be seen to be believed! Tis how I remember Owlerton! :approve:

• Like 1

Nobody on the deck.. Bit of handbags from Simon Stead... Gave Razor a shove on his way back to the pits before David and Steady shook hands.. It was a cracking race between the two of them... Real hard stuff!

Also, brilliant racing from Thomas Jorgensen.. His move round the 3rd/4th bend in one of his later heats had to be seen to be believed! Tis how I remember Owlerton! :approve:

They mustn't have brought the fence in far enough then.
  • Like 1

vissing flying in denmark again on wed night

Don't know what he is like as a pilot, but he's pretty tidy on a speedway bike :wink:

Hopefully the authorities get to the bottom of the Kus situation and get proof of the illness, or no illness and then take the appropriate action. It stinks Berwick

Its the rule that stinks, little or nothing to do with Berwick.

I suppose the rule was brought in to prevent riders being too ill to race at tracks they don't like and then fit for the home leg eg James Grieves went for a few years of always being mysteriously ill or injured when he was due at Owlerton

• Like 1

Who was in a punch up?

No One! Steads bottom lip came out after being beaten by Bellego in what was a great race. Little bit of words and some shoving after the race but all sorted out. Steady then managed to be the only rider to beat bellego in heat 15 and they seeme dcordial afterwards.

This was my first visit to speedway for two years and I really enjoyed the meeting, however the crowd and atmosphere was lacking last night.

Berwick have a couple of cracking riders in Bellego and Jorgensen, his blast round the boards was awesome and deserved more reward than a puncture on the next lap ending his race! With racing like that I think I might start going again a bit more often.

• Like 1