British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

You do wonder how bored with the Premier league fans would/could have become, especially after Jason Lyons retired (which coincided with the move up).

Wonder if the BSPA would have continued shafting us for the benefit of other teams too, vested interest and all that?

Edited by OGT

Keep thinking like that and you might have an Elite League of ONE!!!

That would save us the trouble of racing against anybody !! :rofl: Seriously, unless the powers that be really start putting their thinking caps on, in 5 years time, that, could well become the reallity.

Edited by Starman2006

Seriously, unless the powers that be really start putting their thinking caps on, in 5 years time, that, could well become the reallity.

What they really need is a 3 year plan! ;)

BBC WM have just tweeted that Owner of Brummies Ltd Alan Phillips has told them he is in talks with a potential buyer!

Tweet sent 4pm on 1st of June!

Edited by Hunty

"From to days Birmingham Mail"

Tony Mole states that last November he was ready to takeover the club.. all the details agreed but at the last minute (24hrs before signing) Alan Philips changed his mind.

Mole plainly states that had the takeover happened "Brummies would still be running.... and would be financially viable"

"Alan Philips" ....................the man who killed Birmingham speedway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........IMO

So Philips claim that the finances where in place for 2014 were not true....... (Allegedly)

One positive hope on the horizon ...Mole suggested the Brummies could be back in 2015

Edited by Nigel

What they really need is a 3 year plan! ;)

What they need is a chairman to take charge of EL affairs and a chairman to take charge of the PL affairs. Simple as that.

BBC WM have just tweeted that Owner of Brummies Ltd Alan Phillips has told them he is in talks with a potential buyer!

Good to hear, lets hope it come's to fruitation.

Edited by Starman2006

Keep thinking like that and you might have an Elite League of ONE!!! Now that would be very Elite - but - not much use. I only hope that no other Tracks from the Premier League are tempted to 'go up' to the Elite League as the same fate will probably beckon them.

Sadly the venture in to the Elite League has turned out to be a disaster for Birmingham.

I sincerely hope that we can welcome BOTH of these Tracks in to the Premier League next Season.- I really do hope a way can be found for Birmingham to do this.

Birmingham in the PL was a disaster you only see how much money Gary Patch lost ....Horton has just sent out a begging press release for More fans at Boro .. One day people might work out that clubs have not enough fans to make things works no matter what league your in .

Kings Lynn and the Lions have both move up and made it work thus far .

Edited by orion

Kings Lynn and the Lions have both move up at made it work thus far .

I wonder if any Leicester fans and their promotion would agree with that??

• Like 1

I wonder if any Leicester fans and their promotion would agree with that??

Read the interview with the guy who runs Leicester it was on the BSPA website last week and he is more than happy on how things are going . The crowds are still good so the fans still like it .. the big gripe with the Lions is the track and nothing with what league they are in .

Where have you read that the Promotion are not happy ?

Edited by orion

Read the interview with the guy who runs Leicester it was on the BSPA website last week and he is more than happy on how things are going . The crowds are still good so the fans still like it .. the big gripe with the Lions is the track and nothing with what league they are in .

Where have you read that the Promotion are not happy ?

Did i say the promotion are not happy?, i said would the Leicester fans and promotion agree, with that.. ive been told their crowds are well down on the PL days. If that is true, then was it a good move?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

June or July?

You'd think, motor racing, enclosed track, inner city, gladitorial, noisey, pretty environment friendly, less than £20 to get in, 0-60 quicker than F1!

What a brilliant concept????

Why is it not more popular than football!!??!!

You'd think, motor racing, enclosed track, inner city, gladitorial, noisey, pretty environment friendly, less than £20 to get in, 0-60 quicker than F1!

What a brilliant concept????

Why is it not more popular than football!!??!!

Because we don't race speedway in school?

Did i say the promotion are not happy?, i said would the Leicester fans and promotion agree, with that.. ive been told their crowds are well down on the PL days. If that is true, then was it a good move?

That has got nothing to do with going up to the E.L. As time has gone on more and more are fans staying away because they're not satisfied with the entertainment on offer but they still get a good crowd compared to other tracks so nothing to worry about yet.