British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

So Rosco is now to blame! I have read some nonsense down the years but this is the biggest load of bull ever. Clueless idiots posting as normal.

• Like 2

Just been reported on WM 5 o'clock sports news

Alan Phillips in talks with a 3rd party to take over the Brummies

Get your prayer mats out

You'd think, motor racing, enclosed track, inner city, gladitorial, noisey, pretty environment friendly, less than £20 to get in, 0-60 quicker than F1!

What a brilliant concept????

Why is it not more popular than football!!??!!

Whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm for speedway, do you really not already know the answer to that question?

Get your prayer mats out

Cant afford to throw anymore coins in the fountain...

You'd think, motor racing, enclosed track, inner city, gladitorial, noisey, pretty environment friendly, less than £20 to get in, 0-60 quicker than F1!

What a brilliant concept????

Why is it not more popular than football!!??!!

Because the sport panders to the oldies who have gone since 1960. It calls itself a family sport and alienates the young. Its a sport that while high risk and adrenaline packed frowns at riders have a spat and frowns at any fans who dares to get excited at a crash. Then wonders why the fans don't come back!

June or July?

July...Where has this year gone!

I appreciate your feelings in this matter but why should other promoters bail out other clubs? It would be never ending - has it ever been adopted in another sport?

The loss of Birmingham is indeed a blow to the sport but it's not the first time the city has lost a track and bounced back in time. Just chack back through the years on the DEFUNCT SPEEDWAY TRACKS (I think that's the site's title). At the moment Birmingham may be out of the sport but I am certain in time the city will see the sport again.

The point I was trying to make is if the will was there within the EL then the Brummies could be saved. If it turns out they end up shut then it is because those who have the wherewithal to keep it open aren't sufficiently bothered if it shuts.

That is a problem within itself.

The reason that other promoters should keep it open is because if we're not very careful, in the near future, Poole will be riding against themselves!

2 years until Coventry are dead..?

On the point of why they don't get sufficient crowds, well I've seen the racing at Perry Barr on Sky and I've come to the conclusion that the track is not particularly suited to good racing, that needs sorting too.

Added to the fact that viewing isn't great within the stadium (What?!!) and it seems fairly obvious why people don't go in sufficient numbers.

Edited by Stokielee

That has got nothing to do with going up to the E.L. As time has gone on more and more are fans staying away because they're not satisfied with the entertainment on offer but they still get a good crowd compared to other tracks so nothing to worry about yet.

Straightforward question, no need for you to have a hissy fit, really.

Just matched you deano and in process of spreading the word now pal give people 48 hours and see where we're at

Every thousand raised I will donate an additional 40 and so will my mate

• Like 1

Get your prayer mats out

Is there any more information as to what was actually said on the radio?

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/foCy1/sh/f3fNO7

If anyone wishes to donate to the fighting fund.

I've pledged £140 to kick it off.

Fingers crossed eh.... :(

Donated £120,

Been said on the Brummies Forum that £3000 has already been pledged and its only been going a few hours. Amazing

• Like 1

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/foCy1/sh/f3fNO7

If anyone wishes to donate to the fighting fund.

I've pledged £140 to kick it off.

Fingers crossed eh.... :(

Donated £120,

Been said on the Brummies Forum that £3000 has already been pledged and its only been going a few hours. Amazing

I have placed the Link to the Fund on a FACEBOOK Link. I notice - if I have read correctly - that the target is £10,000. Will that be enough to clear Birmingham's financial problems and leave a sufficient balance to enable a continuation of the club? Good luck - very good luck - to the venture.

I know for a fact there will be some sizeable sums donated ... People I've spoken to would make a decent initial payment and then donate monthly as they see the continuation of speedway in birmingham so if we do keep going and if a big if we should keep this open

Can we set up a save the brummies topic on here ???

• Like 2