British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

Just how cooking naive can you be they have made the biggest borrox of running Birmingham. Any one who thinks they have half a chance please get real. They will never ever be involved in the running of a speedway again. For one minute I dont believe there was a plan to deliberately deliver them into the jaws of administration but at some point business owners have to accept that it ain't working which only leaves them denial or insolvency to address their problem.

the plot thickens the registered office for the speedway is as follows:-

Name & Registered Office:
BIRMINGHAM BRUMMIES LIMITED
c/o PHILLIPS ASSOCIATES
ASSOCIATES HOUSE
249 LYNDON ROAD
SOLIHULL
WEST MIDLANDS
B92 7QP
Company No. 07797533

but the registered office for Philips Associates is

Name & Registered Office:
PHILLIPS ASSOCIATES LIMITED
c/o ALAN PHILLIPS
83 WEMBLEY AVENUE
LANCING
WEST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
BN15 9JY
Company No. 05920645

I know that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but it seems strange to have two registered offices

I still believe that a good legal brain would be able to prove that Mr Philips is liable for all the debits and then him out of business

Edited by starshooter

Had to laugh at the Brummies website with photos of the "faithful" at Belle Vue and the tag 'thanks from the riders'

All 11 of the fans ! -( being generous here ) with what must be an average age of 60 +.

Totally pathetic !

Will the collapse of an elite league club spell alarm bells at BSPA headquarters? Of course not !

They ain't savvy enough to realise it's another nail in the coffin.

Happy days (not)

So you are basing your statement upon a few random pictures; and nothing else whatsoever.

Who is to say that those pictures represent EVERY Brummies supporter that was in attendance at Belle Vue last Monday? Were YOU there?

You'd make a great Prosecution Solicitor.......not!

And please enlighten us precisely WHAT the BSPA are supposed to do in order to remedy the mismanagement of a Speedway Club. The last time I looked, they weren't a Registered Charity. Suffice to say if Mr. Phillips had sought assistance sooner, instead of lying through his teeth and stating that there were no debts, etc. then there is a chance that more meaningful action could have been taken before it was clearly too late.

Mr. Phillips blames lack of support, the BSPA and possibly others for the sad demise of the club. Quite possibly, one of those individuals that has the temerity to apportion blame on others, instead of looking much closer to home.

Just to add your irresponsible rhetoric is, to quote your own word - 'pathetic'.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 5

Is it not the case that any assets of Birmingham, now become assets of the BSPA?

Who is a asset of Birmingham other than King?

Ludvig Lindgren is another.

Dare I mention this? But some of the comments beginning to appear on various aspects of the Birmingham problems tend to remind me of the 2011 episode known as the "Duchess of Sherborne era". Some of the comments now appearing look to be "sailing very close to the wind." Debate is one thing - "unfounded accusations" are a different kettle of fish. But I expect the BSF Mods are keeping a keen weather eye on what is now being said and appearing in regard to Birmingham and those involved with it.

Debts exceed the bond!

but how much is the bond?

I have tried to find this from other threads and back issues of Speedway Sat but cannot find it.

I seem to recall that the cash bond is only something like £10,000

and that teams must have rider assets to the value of £10,000 in the Premier League and £40,000 in the Elite.

To meet this, didn't Birmingham agree to buy Ben Barker and pay a small deposit promising to pay the balance during the season but then failed to make the later payments so Barker stayed a Coventry asset.

Did Birmingham sign any more riders to meet the rider asset requirement and if not why did the BSPA let them get away with it as this must have been the early warning sign BEFORE the season started.

I may be wrong about these figures perhaps Tsunami can correct me

For all those that have been asking questions on "The Brummies" accounts; The accounts for the year ended October 2012 for Birmingham Brummies Ltd are a matter of public record. Look at the "Shareholders Funds " (i.e. value of the business) and "Creditors falling due within one year". Shareholders Funds is just £7K, Creditors falling due within 1 year is £158K. I will happily share the document (uplifted from Companies House) but I'm struggling to work out how to do this.

This tells you all you need to know, and remember this was the close of play in 2012.

Fighting fund update. We have now collected in excess of £5600. :-)

And the target figure is and by when? Good luck with the venture.

my god theres a question!!...who owns who these days????????

• Like 1

Very interesting discussion between the Phillips and Tony Mole on BBC WM!!!Sounds as though the ball is all in the court of the BSPA!!

• Like 1

Very interesting discussion between the Phillips and Tony Mole on BBC WM!!!Sounds as though the ball is all in the court of the BSPA!!

Over half an hour of discussion on WM.. a 'must listen' on iPlayer for anyone who wants to hear it from the horses' mouth

• Like 1