British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Birmingham Future In Doubt ? Alan Phillips Has Had Enough!

BeoBrummie and Graham C

I think you are out of your depth argueing against what Cornishfisherman has said. Go back and read what his says again and then retire from this debate as he certainly knows what he is talking about

Actually they are spot on in what the say.

And to add its worth noting that when the Brummies finally gave up the ghost they were NOT in the top division but in the second division.

• Like 2

Latest News from the Bham mail today is potential new promoters have been in talks with the GRA yesterday afternoon and evening about taking it over. Although the Mail states there are several complications for a take over this season, a decision is expected within the next 48 hours. It talks about £8,000 needed to pay off the GRA and also new shale would have to bought in for racing to take place again.

Fingers Crossed this works out!!

• Like 1

New shale??? Why . has Philips taken it with him???

New shale??? Why . has Philips taken it with him???

No Idea, but thats what Nigel Pearson has wrote in his article today. Perhaps the GRA have sold it to raise some of he money they are owed.

No Idea, but thats what Nigel Pearson has wrote in his article today. Perhaps the GRA have sold it to raise some of he money they are owed.

I doubt it - it wouldn't be theirs to sell, debts or no debts. In any case it would be easier to sell the plant if they were of that mind.

Latest News from the Bham mail today is potential new promoters have been in talks with the GRA yesterday afternoon and evening about taking it over. Although the Mail states there are several complications for a take over this season, a decision is expected within the next 48 hours. It talks about £8,000 needed to pay off the GRA and also new shale would have to bought in for racing to take place again.

Is there a Link to this 'Birmingham Mail' story please. Sadly, it does not appear that there was/is one for the recent Graham Drury interview with the newspaper.

New shale whatever for? I must admit my first thought was...... has Moley nicked it lol

. Was told that the track guys have had no shale to work with for the last few meetings that was at pb so new shale would be needed?............

Is there a Link to the 'Birmingham Mail' in regard to this please. I have tried to find one - no luck. Plenty of football there!

Can someone help please, I went to both the Poole and Swindon rain offs at Birmingham, I have my admission tickets to both meetings, If a new promotor comes in( hopefully they will) will I be able to use my tickets for the re staging of the meetings?

Can someone help please, I went to both the Poole and Swindon rain offs at Birmingham, I have my admission tickets to both meetings, If a new promotor comes in( hopefully they will) will I be able to use my tickets for the re staging of the meetings?

That's surely unlikely. The new promotion have to pay for back rent and apparently shale as well, it would be pretty terrible if they had to allow the crowd in free for two meetings as well, unless that is somehow built in to the takeover terms.

All clubs need rich men who don't mind losing a packet, let's hope the Brummies have found someone like that.

I'd imagine that these would only be honoured as a goodwill gesture by any incoming promotion. Hopefully any reasonable promoter would do so....

I'd imagine that these would only be honoured as a goodwill gesture by any incoming promotion. Hopefully any reasonable promoter would do so....

Surely it depends how many of these tickets are outstanding? It could be a huge expense and Phillips has already had the money, not any new promoter.

Surely it depends how many of these tickets are outstanding? It could be a huge expense and Phillips has already had the money, not any new promoter.

I guess the same could be said of season ticket holders. I agree that it is perhaps unlikely but I guess it's a case of balancing the short-term loss against potential longer-term loss from out of pocket fans.

• Like 1