British Speedway Forum
bigeddiechek

Berwick Vs Edinburgh 12/8 Live On Sky

Kus won his races from the gate and by half the track, he was super fast, in fact he was flying ... When he didn't trap first he didn't win, now if he was that much quicker than the rest you'd think he'd have easily reeled in Fricke??

Sheildfield is super quick but processional mostly... But with the football the clubs hands are tied somewhat.

yeah but a regular on all things Berwick also :)

Yes I must admit Arson I like Berwick as I used to work in Morpeth and followed Bandits

Firstly great news about Matty and Aaron.

Berwick is what it is and its not going to change and I personally would much rather watch a meeting like last night with plenty of ups and downs and that went down to the last race even though passing was limited than go to Armadale and watch the Monarchs beat everyone by 30.

There is more passing at Armadale but I think it is due to away riders making mistakes as there are few riders other than the Monarchs who go well round there where as most of the riders in our league can go well round Berwick but if I was a Monarchs fan I wouldn't complain about them winning by 30 every week its just not that interesting from a neutrals point of view.

• Like 2

Kus won his races from the gate and by half the track, he was super fast, in fact he was flying ... When he didn't trap first he didn't win, now if he was that much quicker than the rest you'd think he'd have easily reeled in Fricke??

Sheildfield is super quick but processional mostly... But with the football the clubs hands are tied somewhat.

yeah but a regular on all things Berwick also :)

No 'D' in the middle of Shielfield.

On gate & go, Berwick is a big fast track with most times sub 66 seconds, at those speeds never really going to be any major passing, when the racing is more in the 67/68 seconds with closer racing then passing is a possibility.

For those racers who complain about Berwick having no passing because it is gate & go, then I have the answer

GATE & GO and stop blo*dy moaning.

• Like 2

No 'D' in the middle of Shielfield.

On gate & go, Berwick is a big fast track with most times sub 66 seconds, at those speeds never really going to be any major passing, when the racing is more in the 67/68 seconds with closer racing then passing is a possibility.

For those racers who complain about Berwick having no passing because it is gate & go, then I have the answer

GATE & GO and stop blo*dy moaning.

I know there's not lol... I blame the phone.

Heat 14 took the shine off a dull meeting? :blink:

Classic SteveBrum...

Typical Blazeway, trying to pick fights when riders got injured.

More important, great news about Aaron and Matty. The only news that IS important.

Funniest moment so far is the after race interview with Cook and Sedgeman after they had just collected a great 5-1 in Ht11. Cook says "there`s no passing round here at all" to which Chris Louis replies "bit unfair to say no passing as we have seen some from the home riders."

But that was a lie though wasn't it? Which home riders had done any passing? Vissing on Masters was it. I'll even be generous and allow Cook on Jensen and Kus on Fox.

If I right am sure Edinburghs record at shielfield is better than their record at berrington no forum back then to say what they thought of that track so nows your chance

If I right am sure Edinburghs record at shielfield is better than their record at berrington no forum back then to say what they thought of that track so nows your chance

Not as good as Aramdale.

Not as good as Aramdale.

....just as effin cold, though!! :P

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Crowds have been very good at the Dale,and i have seen more than a few new faces so i dont really know where you're coming from on that one to be honest..We have our duff meetings there the same as most other tracks,but sometimes that depends whether the opposition have come to have a good go or not as the case may be.More often than not i would say,the racing is excellent..that's why i go believe it or not! ;) As for obsessing about Berwick..nah lol!Was just passing comment on last night's meeting and the general standard of racing at Shielfield on a Berwick V Edinburgh thread..that's what this forums for is it not? :P

Great news about both riders :approve: Now hopefully Matty can get married as was intended this weekend :t:

Not big enough to pay all the bonus points for the teams fabulous run of victories.Evening News article says the riders are joining fans on a sponsored walk up Ben Nevis to raise money for the Clubs finances.

i thought the racing was good last night for the sky cameras, i watched it back and it did come over very well. Sky have now come to Berwick 2 years in a row and had a good product both times, they went to Armadale quite a few years back and havent been anywhere near the place since, pretty much sums up that Berwick must be doing something right, or maybe Armadale isn't as good as some would have us believe.

• Like 3

i thought the racing was good last night for the sky cameras, i watched it back and it did come over very well. Sky have now come to Berwick 2 years in a row and had a good product both times, they went to Armadale quite a few years back and havent been anywhere near the place since, pretty much sums up that Berwick must be doing something right, or maybe Armadale isn't as good as some would have us believe.

Good point, though it wouldn't exactly make for good tv with the kind of hammerings Edinburgh have been handing out at home this season.

Good question. Apart from putting up extra posters, and having extra catering for the bigger attendances, nothing! Presentation is more or less the same, although Sky Sports might ask for changes.

The earlier suggestion that there are wholesale changes for the bigger meetings doesn't really stack up.

Don't they now, I take it the New Holland flags that were hanging from the floodlight pylons will now be a regular feature, haven't seen them so far this season. I take it the couple of new tractors that graded the track last night will be there each and every week from now on. Not a fan of the pipes and drums myself but they will be attending all the meetings from now till the end of the season, to the best of my recollection they haven't been to a PL meeting so far this season, and the posters, anyone going into the club shop for their free Berwick v Somerset poster so the could cover the Borders would've come out empty handed. We even had the little cart that normally does the white line on the inside of the track doing the lines at the starting gate.

All of the above great ideas, and I`m not knocking any of them or the kind of meeting the promotion put on last night, and its perfectly sensible for the club to make every effort to put on the best show possible, which they did, but to suggest its more or less the same as any other week is rather silly.

I agree it came over ok last night.The trouble is IMO predicting a good Speedway fixture is Difficult.The fixture that was at Armadale a few years ago that I remember was Workington and on paper a cracker ,on track Workington never turned up.Could happen anywhere.Shielfield is a neat and tidy stadium which comes over well on TV .Armadale is poor but it can produce good racing.Speedway at Shielfield cannot be compared with speedway at Armadale.If it is entertaining the fans will turn at both venues,Edinburgh fans that come to Berwick know what to expect and vice-versa. Edited by Fromafar

My tracks better than your track, my dad's bigger than your dad... Who gives a toss? Give it a rest and grow up

• Like 8