British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Eastbourne V Poole 7pm (on Sky), Monday 30th June.

Ramblings of a mad man. quote ' We've seen some breathtaking speedway tonight' unquote. does he mean because of the dust! surely he's not talking about the racing? They say you can't polish a turd, but give Pearson his due, He gives it a bloody good go.

I always wonder if he is watching the same meeting as I am, every other heat what ever meeting it is, "great Speedway" we hear! he can't possibly be taking about the racing..can he ?.

Well tonight he was lucky he could see it with all that dust, a disgrace of a track and with the meeting being televised as well it doesn't do the sport any favours at all.

Is it any wonder many fans aren't coming through the turnstyles anymore.

• Like 2

Overall a dull meeting with a bumpy and dusty track. With regards to the ref's decisions, I thought they were ok - on another night or another ref they could have gone the other way though.

Prior to the meeting I'm sure Poole would have been happy with 2 points

• Like 2

I do enjoy reading your posts :D

I enjoyed the meeting too. Maybe I'm easily pleased as well. I was expecting a borefest, but the controversy kept it interesting. I felt Poole were hard done by with the decisions ( that's from a Coventry fan :P)

Think this meeting came over better on tv than if you'd been there, no dust in your eyes for starters, replays of decisions/incidents, rider interviews, chat with managers, hearing in on mgr/ref telecons.... And again, no dust to contend with!!!

Thought Poole rode well and deserved something from the match. However well Lynn's season is going you just know, if we reach the Play Off final, that Poole will be there waiting and will be an awfully tough nut to crack with their experience of winning the thing and the fact that they ride Lynn so well.

• Like 1

Thought Poole rode well and deserved something from the match. However well Lynn's season is going you just know, if we reach the Play Off final, that Poole will be there waiting and will be an awfully tough nut to crack with their experience of winning the thing and the fact that they ride Lynn so well.

I'd be more concerned about going ( god forbid) to Eastbourne!

Think this meeting came over better on tv than if you'd been there, no dust in your eyes for starters, replays of decisions/incidents, rider interviews, chat with managers, hearing in on mgr/ref telecons.... And again, no dust to contend with!!!

It's was a normal meeting, but it was on TV. Not sure what your point is?

Don't you just know it, we'l be cruising behind you stalking you on the bridle. Keep looking over your shoulder!!! ;)

Edited by Starman2006

First time I've seen Michelsen ride. If I was Trevor Geer, I think I'd be on the phone to Kim Nilsson tonight asking him if he's fit yet. Dire from the gate and appeared to be going backwards 4 laps thereafter.

Granted not his best night and no doubt he will be very unhappy with that performance. Worst I've seen him ride, he usually excellent around Arlington and never gives up.

The rider they should be looking to replace, and soon, is Kylmakorpi. Pootled round this evening, never looking to make an impression and his away performances particularly on the longer tracks, ( for which I thought he was in the team for ) have been nothing to write about.

Time to give Kim Nilsson an opportunity at JKs expense, ............or perhaps Danny King ?

I'd be more concerned about going ( god forbid) to Eastbourne!

It's was a normal meeting, but it was on TV. Not sure what your point is?

So you saying it's always that dusty at Eastbourne? If you were spectating there tonight, the dust would have been really annoying. Also, the controversy over exclusions, when you're there, you don't get the bonus of seeing the replays or hearing refs/mgrs etc, and in fact, if it had not been on Sky, Poole would have won!!

Because the ref said he'd have put all four back if he hadn't looked at the tv replays (Darcy Exclusion)

I also think, some meetings look better in tv than others, and vica verca... In my opinion.

Yes, but the cars dont race on the Speedway track at Eastie, they have their own tarmac/concrete circuit around the outside of the Speedway track...!!

Cam isnt stupid, he knows the cars race on the stock car track but the speedway track gets used as the run off area and you will often see the cars wheel spinning on the speedway track. I think thats the damage he would have been talking about,

• Like 2

Granted not his best night and no doubt he will be very unhappy with that performance. Worst I've seen him ride, he usually excellent around Arlington and never gives up.

Agreed. Only seen him a couple times round the Eggbowl (copyright Bagpuss) but he's always looked nifty round there. (Double figures or close to it)

Didn't seem to gate, and wasn't attacking the track either which usually indicates the rider is either dissatisfied with machinery or track, or both!

One thought that did occur to me during the meeting. Was it just me or did Tatum refer to Michelsen as a "good looking rider" a little too often?

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

So Bjarne Pedersen is off you're crimbo card list then?

Of course he won't be bothered and anyway he will have plenty from his "boys" middlo and ford to make up for my missing one !

Happy days !

Don't you just know it, we'l be cruising behind you stalking you on the bridle. Keep looking over your shoulder!!! ;)

Very impressed with all the team tonight, they gave everything, my man of the match has to be Milik what. nutcase but he certainly isnt dull!!

The score made this meeting interesting. I thought Poole chased hard and gated when it mattered. The track was a disgrace, with that much dust about. The crowd must go home caked in desperate need of a shower. Terrible conditions to ride in and watch. Water must be a premium down the south coast. The Ref wasn't that back and I would agree with him 2 out of the three decisions. To have a re-run when no one falls off is plain stupid. Riders touch each most starts.

To collect 2 pts away to Eastbourne was a big score for Poole, considering how strong they are at home. Strange meeting as lots of riders never performed consistently. Difficult to access the chances when the Stars go there next week.

I always thought this was the hardest place to go and get a result, So Poole should feel well pleased with what they achieved tonight......

Pleased that Darcy wasn't injured when he fell...

• Like 3

Cam isnt stupid, he knows the cars race on the stock car track but the speedway track gets used as the run off area and you will often see the cars wheel spinning on the speedway track. I think thats the damage he would have been talking about,

Hi, thanks for that info, because the centre green looked in pretty good condition, I thought perhaps the cars didn't get onto the infield (Inc Speedway track) in that case, yes damage can be worse because it's usually against the grain, or across and is hard to repair without grinding/harrowing a large area back to the base..