British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

I do wonder what Buster will have to say about all this If he gets on the mic. Not that I am planning on being there to hear it.

Maybe its time the Oxford Dictionary had a new word added... Hortonism ? Meaning making a cock-up. He seems to make a few.

Everyone should boycott this meeting and make a stand for British Speedway. If fans do decide to turn up tonight then if there is an EL in years to come we can expect to see teams made up of guests for many more years to come because the fans have still turned up to farce meetings therefore the BSPA will not change anything.

Look at the bigger picture here and make a stand.

£17 To see Lynn run riot against a Coventry Storm side with a NL Rider in Simon Lambert at No.1.

I have been a fan for many years and it really is becoming a whole big joke now fair enough if Coventry were allowed to get EL guests in but they aren't.

Yeah, good 'un, that would only penalize the King's Lynn promotion by hitting their gate receipts when they are not even the ones at fault?!?

FFS.

I am going tonight, and I am going to cheer on my team as they have been sensational so far this season.

• Like 1

Yeah, good 'un, that would only penalize the King's Lynn promotion by hitting their gate receipts when they are not even the ones at fault?!?

FFS.

I am going tonight, and I am going to cheer on my team as they have been sensational so far this season.

Yes like you I'm going tonight too - its not Buster's fault that [a] the rules don't allow suitable guests for missing Danish riders that Horton knew of the problem and didn't create a stink about it earlier.

There'll obviously be several 'walk-over' heats but hopefully Harris Hansen & Garrity at least will provide a bit of a challenge for the Stars so a few good races ( maybe) ....

Edited by Star Fever

I said it was the BSPA's fault. The BSPA should of let Coventry choose EL guests not PL guests. If everyone is going tonight then there is no point moaning about the state of the sport on the forum because nothing will change and it will be the same week in week out. £17 to watch a patched up team every week.

I get your point but your 'action' doesn't penalise those at fault which is why I think it makes no sense.

Blame Coventry? Don't go to Brandon in future.

Nothing new here though is there... I remember many years ago Cov turning up at KL with Lee Coleman (where is he now?) replacing Hans Nielsen, the only thing was that this was in the days before the internet so nobody was aware of this until the parade!

At least now we're all well informed enough to stay away and save some money, that's about the only positive I can draw from the whole sorry shambles

• Like 2

I said it was the BSPA's fault. The BSPA should of let Coventry choose EL guests not PL guests. If everyone is going tonight then there is no point moaning about the state of the sport on the forum because nothing will change and it will be the same week in week out. £17 to watch a patched up team every week.

I am not moaning I am just saying my opinion on the situation :t:

Whether they go tonight or not, each opinion is valid and equal to all others. Just because you decided we should make a stand, it's not right to penalise the Lynn stars. If a rally was organise to march into Rugby for our voices to be heard, my name would be the first on the list, but boycotting tonight would do no good what's so ever......

But nothing will change if fans still turn up to watch meetings like this.

And nothing will change if they don't - that's the sad fact in all of this!

I do wonder what Buster will have to say about all this If he gets on the mic. Not that I am planning on being there to hear it.

Maybe its time the Oxford Dictionary had a new word added... Hortonism ? Meaning making a cock-up. He seems to make a few.

Kings Lynn have had to ride with riders missing in the past, i seem to remember they had 3 guests at Coventry last season. Its not just a Coventry problem its an EL problem which affects most if not all the sides at some point during a season.

• Like 1

But if nobody turned up then surely the BSPA would have to listen. There is no Speedway without the Fans.

They wouldnt. They would write this off as a one off. The next boycott they would make an excuse, maybe they would for the next one.

Eventually speedway would cease to exist as it is and the excuse would be due to the decline in interest over the years.

The fans will always be to blame for not going. Nothing will change now and it never will.

• Like 3

It is not right to not turn up for this event as a protest, the best way to do that is not to turn up to a bspa meeting.

• Like 2

Can we hit 30 points? I can certainly see Bomber getting double figures after his last performance.

Can we hit 30 points? I can certainly see Bomber getting double figures after his last performance.

Bet 365 have given Kings Lynn a -28 handicap

we will be there too to support the Stars riders.

This meeting is going to be so boring and one sided. Shocking expecting fans to still pay £17

Pointless meeting now